Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Broons.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Plus Petry career on back 9, or in the clubhouse. He's not same player as 2 or 3 years ago. I think big D takes awhile for mature. If skill is there. Bruins did same with Lindholm.
The Penguins chose poorly. They acquired a more expensive, diminishing asset. The imbalance of the trade will only grow over the coming years. The inclusion of Poehling was not a sufficient enough offset. Very Bergevin of them.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Our vets this year..............beyond words.
Kudos to the kids who played well, and Matheson is on fire......the team had some good moments, and outshot the bruins.....
Better days ahead guys......
The Bruins and Canadiens are two teams at the polar opposites of their respective development curves. The Bruins are built to win today. But they have an aging core of forwards who are close to hitting the wall. The Canadiens have a wealth of young talent both on the current roster and those about to barge their way on to the big stage. With 5 first round draft choices over the next 3 years, increased cap flexibility and a competent management team in place, it won’t be close in 2 to 3 years.

Last edited:

Supersonic

May 27, 2013
Ontario
This team will improve leaps and bounds if only from a good medical team that can keep players on the ice AND jettisoning useless vets.

There’s so much dead weight on this team yet the young players are shining through. Very exciting times coming soon for us methinks

Reactions: Habs13

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
The Bruins and Canadiens are two teams at the polar opposites of their respective development curves. The Bruins are built to win today. But they have an aging core of forwards who are close to hitting the wall. The Canadiens have a wealth of young talent both on the current roster and those about to barge their way on to the big stage. With 5 first round draft choices over the next 3 years, increased cap flexibility and a competent management team in place, it won’t be close in 2 to 3 years.
Boston has had and continues to high one of the most competent and organized management teams (exception Mitch Miller fiasco) and they will continue being a well run and competitive organization.

Reactions: the and ArtPeur

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
This team will improve leaps and bounds if only from a good medical team that can keep players on the ice AND jettisoning useless vets.

There’s so much dead weight on this team yet the young players are shining through. Very exciting times coming soon for us methinks

To me, it feels like the way they're playing is actually why they get so many injuries. Giving it all every night probably puts a big of strain on the body

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Its honestly really encouraging that Suzuki looks so much better when there's at least one player (Dach) on another line that can actually make plays. He's been an island for too long the last couple of seasons.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Pretty sad witnessing the demise of Brendan Gallagher. He has given his all and there isn't much left.

Agreed. Very sad. He's barely a 4th line quality at this stage. Some may come to try to defend him but man... it's been two seasons now and he didn't come into this season better. I heard the Announcers in game say, you got to give him time to get back from the injury. WTF? He's been like that for 2 years now.

Never give a long term contract to a 30+ player who has average skating or worse. Never!

Imagine if Bergevin signed Danault to $6M and let Gallagher walk? What the comments would have been that summer? Not the comments now, the comments fans would have said towards Bergevin then. Would have been nasty and they would have been wrong.

Only thing I worry about Gallagher's AAV/term left is if overlaps Dach by one season. That could be a big problem and we may have to buy him out or add a 1st to trade him. I guess we will see how the next few years go

Bergevin crying when announcing the Gallagher contract says it all.

Reactions: Tyson and BLONG7

Jul 6, 2016
The Penguins chose poorly. They acquired a more expensive, diminishing asset. The imbalance of the trade will only grow over the coming years. The inclusion of Poehling was not a sufficient enough offset. Very Bergevin of them.
Bergevin rarely lost a trade (except the Sergachev-Drouin one)

Its honestly really encouraging that Suzuki looks so much better when there's at least one player (Dach) on another line that can actually make plays. He's been an island for too long the last couple of seasons.
Very glad that Dach is back and is contributing with Suzuki offensively. Too bad Caufield he's not around. He could have had around 45 goals right now.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
So true......
I keep saying better days ahead.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
It is crazy how much Matheson has improved in his late 20s. I remember watching him in Florida and his skating always caught my eye, however he was a disaster defensively and his offense was average at best.

He might get his career high in points this year despite only playing in less than 50 games.

durojean

May 29, 2007
Bergevin rarely lost a trade (except the Sergachev-Drouin one)

Very glad that Dach is back and is contributing with Suzuki offensively. Too bad Caufield he's not around. He could have had around 45 goals right now.
The fact that Bergevin decided that his most constant line was expandable and that he got absolutely nothing in return for it is astounding for me.

We have to undestand that he did a 5 year rebuild before destroying his team one more time.

I can't say enough how Bergevin was detrimental for the Habs. We should be contender right now. We lost at least 5 years.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

This season, he played about half of his games with Ahlers or middle 6 forwards on his line, and he's on pace for 65 pts. Give him two good top 6 forwards for a full season and he would be around ppg.

Stoneburg

Mar 21, 2004
Fishing
We all knew this would go down like this, and yet still, the GM gave him a retirement contract.
Gally should have been dealt for a ransom after his second 30 goal season while he was at 3.75M

A Blue Jay GM said, "better to trade a player one year too soon, rather than one year too late".

Reactions: BLONG7 and Rapala

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad