Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to the Avs 2-1 in OT

rickthegoon

Feb 25, 2012
Perhaps. But Allen is quickly evolving into our most valuable trade asset. Any contending team who loses its goalie to injury or whose goalie falters as the trade deadline looms, will come knocking bearing gifts.
Was thinking along the same line, but was wondering if Monty wouldn't have even more value at the present?
He's sitting on top of the list amongst all goalies in the league for 'stolen' games, and has a nice affordable little contract.
I know Allen has a more enviable reputation, but his home games this year average is very bad.

JoelWarlord

May 7, 2012
Halifax
Richard is a good skater, but is easily pushed off the puck. The top line needs a possession type of player who can win puck battles, has the skating ability to keep up with Suzuki and Caufield and who has the vision/ skill to take advantage of the scoring opportunities that these two highly skilled players create. Those type of players are rare and on this current roster only Dach comes close to having the necessary skills that will maximize Suzuki and Caufield’s potential.
Yeah I agree, I only meant to try Richard there in the short term until Monahan gets back because I don't think this Drouin at C thing is worth doing for another second.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Was thinking along the same line, but was wondering if Monty wouldn't have even more value at the present?
He's sitting on top of the list amongst all goalies in the league for 'stolen' games, and has a nice affordable little contract.
I know Allen has a more enviable reputation, but his home games this year average is very bad.

Goalies need some track record to have any value.

Reactions: Runner77

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Game is on.
Cool. Can't watch live tonight though so will be catching up on demand. I am sure Habs will easily win though.

Yeah I agree, I only meant to try Richard there in the short term until Monahan gets back because I don't think this Drouin at C thing is worth doing for another second.
C's are in short supply. If MSL manages to get Drouin to light it up as a C, Habs will get a 1st rounder for him at TDL. ... and I laughed as I typed it. But hey, it's xmas... time of miracles.

Reactions: Naslundforever

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Allen have enough value for any contending team. Monty might have a little more value but at the end Habs will not get any more in a trade. On a middle or long term Monty can be usefull for the Habs. Monty is the safe goalie to keep if any of our goalies doesn't step-up to the nhl level. Monty will keep a tradable value for the next 6 years, Allen have a short time value. Monty can be the perfect second goalie if Habs get a real first one in a trade. I don't think Primeau fits in a plan of the replacement of Price.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Allen have enough value for any contending team. Monty might have a little more value but at the end Habs will not get any more in a trade. On a middle or long term Monty can be usefull for the Habs. Monty is the safe goalie to keep if any of our goalies doesn't step-up to the nhl level. Monty will keep a tradable value for the next 6 years, Allen have a short time value. Monty can be the perfect second goalie if Habs get a real first one in a trade. I don't think Primeau fits in a plan of the replacement of Price.
They won’t have options with Primeau next season anyway — he’ll have to be exposed to waivers. Safe to say right now that Monty gets the nod over Primeau and I’m assuming Allen will be back next year.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I'm not sure Primeau holds a whole lot of value, regardless. Maybe they can get a late pick instead of exposing him to waivers next year.
Or trade one of Allen or Monty. Bring Primeau with the Habs are we cross our fingers. We want to tank another year. Not sure where Primeau would be, #1 or second goalie. Not sure about his confidence if Habs lose 70% of the games. Monty or Allen are strong enough mentally but Primeau I don't know. A Primeau who shows to the entire league he's not good would have any value in a trade? Maybe he have more value staying in the AHL.

Reactions: Runner77

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Not sure why people are blaming Drouin. It's all on Anderson imo. He's the most frustrating Hab since Desharnais for me. Holy f*** I hate him. And I was one of his biggest defenders after the Domi trade.
21 vs 11 points both over 31 games. Not to say Domi is great, but powerhorse has been a bit of a one trick pony.

I wasn't ahppy about the trade, but mostly because of the HUGE contracts bergie was laying out, not so much the trade itself. So Josh is projecting at about 30 points MAYBE 35. 5.5 seems a lot for that, but of course we can look towards Drouin in how to score a massive contract and not even play through half of it. Also under performing while playing. Too bad. He is way more talented than Andy, but just can't put it together.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Or trade one of Allen or Monty. Bring Primeau with the Habs are we cross our fingers. We want to tank another year. Not sure where Primeau would be, #1 or second goalie. Not sure about his confidence if Habs lose 70% of the games. Monty or Allen are strong enough mentally but Primeau I don't know. A Primeau who shows to the entire league he's not good would have any value in a trade? Maybe he have more value staying in the AHL.
We can safely assume that one of the 3 is a goner. If Primeau were exposed to waivers, some team might bite, who knows.

Reactions: Doc McKenna

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Don't you like big powaaaa forward who average 30 points a year at almost 6m a year and can't make a simple pass?

Should have been done since his 9th game.
That was my option of choice, and no not revisionist history. He was not a gen talent that could push hard at 18. He should have stayed in the minors at least for 30-40 games to get use to that level of NA hockey.

History may not repeat but it often rhymes.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017

I wonder how much his newborn at home is affecting him.

How has primeau looked in the AHL this year? His numbers look horrible.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
Richard with a first.

pwiEkk3.gif

However, some members of the media jumped on that legendary last name of his to produce grossly unfair juxtapositions, like this one:

BfERDZ4.jpg

Perhaps cutting him some slack by using a less imposing nickname, based on Dieter from Sprockets, that I suggested in his call-up thread, might put things in a more reasonable perspective.

6V28PsJ.jpg
Would you like to pet my monkey

Sprocket AKA a Cog, aka a spare part. Also reminds me of the Jetsons. and now of course is when we dance.
sprockets.gif

I never noticed the background dancing past Myers till just now. Hilarious. Reminds of I Like by Men Without Hats and Ivans dancing in that video.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
For the love of everything sacred, why is Dadonov still on this team? Waive him and send him down. More likely than not, he will refuse to report anyway so win-win. Sigh. Unreal.
Dadanov,Armia are where plays go to die .

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad