Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Stars. Xhekaj nets first NHL goal. That's pretty much it. #FireBurrows

ClasslessGuy

May 10, 2010
Chelsea, QC
LOL so what do they DO when Edmundson comes back..

Scratch... Harris?

Guhle and AX have made it so not only do you NOT re-sign Edmunson after next year.. shit you might even have to trade him THIS year lol..
Ed is our best trade asset this year at the deadline, he needs to play now, I think wideman is the one that needs to sit

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
I think when Ed / Matheson return we have to either move Harris to the right side or trade him for a similar RHD. Maybe Bogvist from Columbus.
Why would we trade him? Ed is not here to stay. Given history is it more than likely someone else will get injured (possible Eddy himself)... At worst, Harris will watch a few games from the pressbox eating gourmet Molson hot-dogs.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Limited searing on that steak...

A few tips:

-season your steak 2 hours in advance, especially salt, it makes all the difference
-use medium/high heat
-raise the temperature of your pan before you drop fat/butter/oil (drop bits of water on it, if it fizzles, it's ready)
-Let the fat/butter melt, but drop your meat early before the fat turns to smoke
I’m going to have to reprise this and other practical steak advice from this thread and transfer it to the Food thread. Thanks for all the great pointers. :thumbu:

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019

Scratch... Harris?

Guhle and AX have made it so not only do you NOT re-sign Edmunson after next year.. shit you might even have to trade him THIS year lol..
Another first rounder... from a team that needs that steady calming D presence on their way to the first round playoffs exit :naughty:

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002

Scratch... Harris?

Edmundson is not the future of this team. Whatever they can acquire in return for him will be.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This season the steaks are so low. They butter play the youngs so they develop so they'll be good when the thym come.

...I feel we'll have a lot of game looking like this one.
Steak puns alert!!! :laugh:

• Haha
Reactions: Canad13ns

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
I’m going to have to reprise this and other practical steak advice from this thread and transfer it to the Food thread. Thanks for all the great pointers. :thumbu:

As an aside, I know you like good content providers on YT, have you seen Not Another Cooking Show? Started watching it recently, if you like italian food, he's a great reference. This week I'm gonna try making authentic cacio e pepe pasta dish from his channel. His carbonara recipe I'll also try.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
The thing with the PP is that I don't see potential for it getting any better until matheson is back.

On that top unit, you can see that teams are ultra aggressive on caufield, and somewhat on suzuki. None of the teams respect Wideman at the point, and he's the one that gets the time and space. He doesn't shoot alot either even with that time and space, and it's not like it's a dangerous shot either.

Matheson could at least keep the penalty killers more honest, potentially. Also his speed and fluidity will probably help with zone entries too compared to Wideman.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
I think when Ed / Matheson return we have to either move Harris to the right side or trade him for a similar RHD. Maybe Bogvist from Columbus.

Small sample size aside, Harris has been Montreal's most effective dman 5v5 this season. And he hasn't been sheltered either. It's a pretty bad idea to trade him now.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Estimated_Prophet

Mar 28, 2003
This season the steaks are so low. They butter play the youngs so they develop so they'll be good when the thym come.

...I feel we'll have a lot of game looking like this one.

A real foodie take here with steaks, butter and thyme!

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
As an aside, I know you like good content providers on YT, have you seen Not Another Cooking Show? Started watching it recently, if you like italian food, he's a great reference. This week I'm gonna try making authentic cacio e pepe pasta dish from his channel. His carbonara recipe I'll also try.
Thanks for the heads up, I’ll check it out.

I’ve been mostly watching Gusto TV for recipes. One of their show hosts, Vanessa Gianfrancesco, had this ricotta meatballs recipe I wanted to try.

I’ve always loved spaghetti alla carbonara but only had it at restaurants. Gotta try that too! Here’s Vanessa’s version:

Last edited:
Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Here’s Vanessa’s ricotta meatballs recipe that I might attempt this afternoon:

I say « might » cause I had my shots for both COVID and Flu at the same time yesterday and I’m feeling groggy.

I’m not a fan of ground pork as it makes everything taste dry. I’d just stick with veal.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Scratch... Harris?

Harris isn't getting scratched over Xhekaj. He's been averaging 5 more min per game than Xhekaj and has been very solid.
His game is polished and I don't see him benefiting much from playing in the ahl. On the other hand, Xhekaj is still a bit raw offensively and defensively. He could benefit from playing big minutes in the ahl.

I think once both Matheson and Edmundson are back, we will have this:
Matheson - Edmundson
Guhle - Savard
Harris -Kovacevich
Wideman

Xhekaj to Laval

Matthew McConaughay

May 3, 2013
Harris isn't getting scratched over Xhekaj. He's been averaging 5 more min per game than Xhekaj and has been very solid.
His game is polished and I don't see him benefiting much from playing in the ahl. On the other hand, Xhekaj is still a bit raw offensively and defensively. He could benefit from playing big minutes in the ahl.

I think once both Matheson and Edmundson are back, we will have this:
Matheson - Edmundson
Guhle - Savard
Harris -Kovacevich
Wideman

Xhekaj to Laval
Well, Arber has better stats than Guhle, and plays with Wideman, the worst Dman we have for defensive play, Guhle is playing with Savard, the best defensive Dman we have, who's better .

Reactions: Cournoyer12

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
Limited searing on that steak...

A few tips:

-season your steak 2 hours in advance, especially salt, it makes all the difference
-use medium/high heat
-raise the temperature of your pan before you drop fat/butter/oil (drop bits of water on it, if it fizzles, it's ready)
-Let the fat/butter melt, but drop your meat early before the fat turns to smoke
S&P the choice for me, don’t f*** up my steak dinner Darry!!!!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad