Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Stars. Xhekaj nets first NHL goal. That's pretty much it. #FireBurrows

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Xhekaj with a pretty solid game Harris and Guhle too.

Forwards were pretty average to poor.

Power play is a liability.

#FireBurrows
Our # 72 is bringing it folks!!
Allen had a tough night............
The 4th goal was a back breaker............Drouin and Dach $hit the bed on that play, and that was the game right there.....

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Kind of a fun game, a bit of a shame though that the defense chose this game to have their worst performance. Think Allen would like do over on a couple also. Credit to that cagey veteran Benn for taking Arber out of the play long enough to help set up a goal.,he'll learn though.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca
@Runner77 T-bone time 🥩

R5CxlvX.jpg

Limited searing on that steak...

A few tips:

-season your steak 2 hours in advance, especially salt, it makes all the difference
-use medium/high heat
-raise the temperature of your pan before you drop fat/butter/oil (drop bits of water on it, if it fizzles, it's ready)
-Let the fat/butter melt, but drop your meat early before the fat turns to smoke

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
A more steady Douglas Murray in the D zone I would say but he has been impressive offensively at times. Joining the rush and backhand chipping it to Evans was beautiful.
You mean the same Douglas Murray who scored 7 goals over his eight year NHL career? I suspect Xhekaj will surpass that total alone in his rookie year. Xhekaj has made several excellent offensive plays in his first six NHL games. Has he made defensive errors? Of course. So has Guhle and Harris. It comes with the territory of being a rookie. But Xhekaj is helping re-shape this team’s identity. There’s an aura of excitement everytime he’s on the ice as the fans await his next move: A big hit? A foray up the ice? A fight? Excitement and interest is back in the building. Does anyone doubt that by the end of the year Xhekaj’s jersey will be the number one selling Canadiens’ jersey? And some people want him sent down to Laval for ‘seasoning’? Unless he stumbles badly, the Costco Comet and his growing legend are here to stay like smoke meat and endless road construction.

Last edited:

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Hoffman as the vision of a blind man

Wideman's double tap is the culprit there... Not excusing Hoffman (he can still pick two other options) but guys that call for the puck while not being in a position to receive the puck is a bane to any players judgment.

HabzSauce

Jun 10, 2022
You mean the same Douglas Murray who scored 7 goals over his eight year NHL career? I suspect Xhekaj will surpass that total alone in his rookie year. Xhekaj has made several excellent offensive plays in his first six NHL games. Has he made defensive errors? Of course. So has Guhle and Harris. It comes with the territory of being a rookie. But Xhekaj is helping re-shape this team’s identity. There’s an aura of excitement everytime he’s on the ice as the fans await his next move: a big hit? A foray up the ice? A fight? Excitement and interest is back in the building. Does anyone doubt that by the end of the year Xhekaj’s jersey will be the number one selling Canadiens’ jersey? And people want him to be sent down for ‘seasoning’? Unless he stumbles badly, the Costco Comet and his growing legend are here to stay like Smoke Meat and endless road construction.
Sign me up baby. I was only comparing current AX to Douglas defensively and his aggressive nature.

I agree we got ourselves a diamond in the rough.

Reactions: ChesterNimitz

Eastern Shores

Jun 20, 2018
If you want to just get a good crust.. then salt, pepper and montreal steak spice.

But otherwise you should heat up a cast-iron, get oil in there.. have the steaks reach room temp, salt and pepper liberally then once you seared both sides of the steak, crush some garlic and throw it on top, a lot of butter, then start basting those steaks.. throw some thyme sprigs in there.

Then finish in the oven.
Just make sure the oil is coconut rather than canola

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Limited searing on that steak...

A few tips:

-season your steak 2 hours in advance, especially salt, it makes all the difference
-use medium/high heat
-raise the temperature of your pan before you drop fat/butter/oil (drop bits of water on it, if it fizzles, it's ready)
-Let the fat/butter melt, but drop your meat early before the fat turns to smoke
Don’t use butter!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It’ll just burn ya ding dong

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Axeman must stay!!!
Arber has a sneaky accurate shot,starting to look Weberesque,loved his comment about almost going with Benn.This kid is looking better every game.On another note Bergeven fu#%ed up with the drouin deal and i hope i'm wrong but Looks like Hughes did the same with Dach,i know he's young but i don't like his game at all,spurts here and there ,seen this movie before.Kovacevic reminds me of Armia,big body but hits like a marshmallow.

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
LOL so what do they DO when Edmundson comes back..

Scratch... Harris?

Guhle and AX have made it so not only do you NOT re-sign Edmunson after next year.. shit you might even have to trade him THIS year lol..

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Dallas N/S game ate up our E/W game. We couldn't create anything from the wings period. Transition was good but we will have to find answers for this type of game. We tried to make far too many plays through bodies which ended up going the other way. Plus we can't have Wideman Drouin Dach Anderson on the ice in the last minute of a period we managed to scrape back in. Those last minute goals are a killer.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I think when Ed / Matheson return we have to either move Harris to the right side or trade him for a similar RHD. Maybe Bogvist from Columbus.

frenchcanayan

Jul 26, 2021
Hoffman played quite good last night.

Caufield needs to stop the figure skating when he gets the puck.

Gallagher looks better but meh.

Powerplay is sooo baaaaddd.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I think when Ed / Matheson return we have to either move Harris to the right side or trade him for a similar RHD. Maybe Bogvist from Columbus.

I don't think Harris gets us a Boqvist level D, even if Harris is a better dmen. He doesn't have the pedigree, so teams may not know him well enough.

Junohockeyfan

Dec 16, 2018
I don't think Harris gets us a Boqvist level D, even if Harris is a better dmen. He doesn't have the pedigree, so teams may not know him well enough.
Scouts see past pedigree. If Harris is a better prospect than Bogvist (not saying he is) then scouts will recognize that. They are not biased like fans.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad