Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to Punchable Faces in Shootout!

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
This lineup will be a lot different in two years.

And we are far from the softest team in the league right now.
Really hope it’s a lot different n 2 years. Can’t think of a softer team, Kucherov runs Kaiden, no response, Chabot takes down CC, no response, Greig is cross checking the shit out of our Captain no response. These are meaningless games, take the instigator and drop them but we really don’t have anyone to do that and it’s like they’ve been neutered not to.

River Meadow

Mar 29, 2016
Really hope it’s a lot different n 2 years. Can’t think of a softer team, Kucherov runs Kaiden, no response, Chabot takes down CC, no response, Greig is cross checking the shit out of our Captain no response. These are meaningless games, take the instigator and drop them but we really don’t have anyone to do that and it’s like they’ve been neutered not to.

Fair point... and a guy with 2 wonky shoulders cannot be our end-all-be-all for protection and support on this...

Reactions: TennisMenace

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I'm going to be pissed if nothing is done to address this issue for next season never mind in two years.
I don't like the message it would be sending to the Kids. No worries we will have your backs in a year or two. :ha:
I've been saying it for months not dealing with our bottom asap will be a huge mistake IMO.
For reasons I can't fathom our fan base seems to think we have to go after a top 6 guy first like it's some unwritten rule.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I’m not saying there aren’t incidents that happened where we should’ve responded better but that’s true of most clubs. You can always find stuff like that. And yeah, definitely should’ve stepped up more in some cases.

But we’re also one of the youngest teams in the league. Height wise we’re a little smaller but we’re heavier than most.

In two years almost our entire lineup will be heavier than it is now. Plus we’ll add Mailloux, RB, Beck. Dach will hopefully be back….

Yeah, Hutson will be here but outside of him and CC it’ll be a pretty big team, esp on the blueline.

This team is already pretty gutsy. I thought we might be the worst team in the league but we’ve held strong with the most one goal games in the league this year. I think we’re going to cause serious problems for other teams in the future.

Blueline: Ghule (who will be bigger) Mailloux, RB, wifi, Strubel… that’s a big strong group even if you add Hutson. Plus we’ve got Engstrom coming and he’s not exactly small either.

Up front we’ll see who we draft but we’re not small there either. It’s not the biggest group but it’s not the smallest either.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Bieksa is right... Vancouver's D is pretty big and tough. Habs should hopefully be like that with X, RB, LM and maybe even Guhle, if he ever manages to stay healthy

Idiotic post.

Yeah we better add a Kordic or everyone will die.
No one will die but we better add a couple of Kordics.

Reactions: Tyson

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Bieksa is right... Vancouver's D is pretty big and tough. Habs should hopefully be like that with X, RB, LM and maybe even Guhle, if he ever manages to stay healthy
Guhle is so young. He’ll add some pounds. Has to really work on it over the summer.

It’s gonna big a pretty big group back there. Hutson, RB, Ghule, Mailloux look like locks for the future. I’d guess Wifi will be there as well. The other slot might be Engstrom. That’s a big skilled group. And then we e got all the others to leverage as trade assets. We’ve done a really good job stockpiling talent on the blueline.

No one will die but we better add a couple of Kordics.
The team will get bigger as we go. We’re a team in transition. To talk like we’re in imminent danger of people getting killed is hyperbolic and stupid.

And no, we don’t need Ryan Reaves. Leave that nonsense for the Leafs.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
I’m not saying there aren’t incidents that happened where we should’ve responded better but that’s true of most clubs. You can always find stuff like that. And yeah, definitely should’ve stepped up more in some cases.

But we’re also one of the youngest teams in the league. Height wise we’re a little smaller but we’re heavier than most.

In two years almost our entire lineup will be heavier than it is now. Plus we’ll add Mailloux, RB, Beck. Dach will hopefully be back….

Yeah, Hutson will be here but outside of him and CC it’ll be a pretty big team, esp on the blueline.

This team is already pretty gutsy. I thought we might be the worst team in the league but we’ve held strong with the most one goal games in the league this year. I think we’re going to cause serious problems for other teams in the future.

Blueline: Ghule (who will be bigger) Mailloux, RB, wifi, Strubel… that’s a big strong group even if you add Hutson. Plus we’ve got Engstrom coming and he’s not exactly small either.

Up front we’ll see who we draft but we’re not small there either. It’s not the biggest group but it’s not the smallest either.
Hopefully the culture changes with the addition of new/bigger bodies and the team starts playing meaningful games, really want to see them standing up for each other. Gorton was fired by the Rangers for not wanting to be a tough team, hopefully he learned from that.

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
I thought Primeau played solid game. Going to be good goalie. Gave up 4 goals but 3 on powerplay with big Tkachuk on top of him. Not much Primeau could do. Sens third goal was fluke bounce of a Hab went directly to Pinto who passed to wide open Sen. Harris is smart defenseman but just not big and strong enough to handle a Tkachuk in front of net. Where your big bottom pairing defensive defensemen come in handy.

Newhook has great speed and decent hands but lacks on ice decision making. Direct pass to a Sen at their Blueline led to turnover and a short handed breakaway. Despite having a man in open breaking to net. Did similar turnover during our last PP of 2nd period. He must lack vision or something. He's young yet, only 23, still time for more development.

Caufield was on fire. He played tonight like I hoped he would all season. Seems to be streaky player. Close to a hat trick. Debrinkat has those good and then so-so seasons also.

Armia solid game, same with Gallagher. Anderson throwing his weight around. Led to couple good shots on net. Has value if he plays like this. Only with him, if he plays physical tends to be injured a lot. Savard looks slow. Been long season, seems like he lost half a step since mid season.

Last edited:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Hopefully the culture changes with the addition of new/bigger bodies and the team starts playing meaningful games, really want to see them standing up for each other. Gorton was fired by the Rangers for not wanting to be a tough team, hopefully he learned from that.
As I said, the team hasn’t always answered the bell the way they should but they have definitely done so on numerous occasions. Panzetta, Wifi… we’ve got guys who will do it. But we’re clearly a team in transition.

It’s way overstating it to say we’re the softest team in the league or that we’re going to get crushed next year. It’s just not the case. But yeah, more size is on the way in the next couple of years for sure. Not just from new players coming in but from our current players growing into their bodies. I expect Guhle for example to be coming back with some more weight. Our team is so young right now.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I thought Primeau played solid game. Going to be good goalie. Gave up 4 goals but 3 on powerplay with big Tkachuk on top of him. Not much Primeau could do. Sens third goal was fluke bounce of a Hab went directly to Pinto who passed to wide open Sen. Harris is smart defenseman but just not big and strong enough to handle a Tkachuk in front of net. Where your big bottom pairing defensive defensemen come in handy.

Newhook has great speed and decent hands but lacks on ice decision making. Direct pass to a Sen at their Blueline led to turnover and a short handed breakaway. Despite having a man in open breaking to net. Did similar turnover during our last PP of 2nd period. He must lack vision or something. He's young yet, only 23, still time for more development.

Caufield was on fire. He played tonight like I hoped he would all season. Seems to be streaky player. Close to a hat trick. Debrinkat has those good and then so-so seasons also.

Armia solid game, same with Gallagher. Anderson throwing his weight around. Led to couple good shots on net. Has value if he plays like this. Only with him, if he plays physical tends to be injured a lot. Savard looks slow. Been long season, seems like he lost half a step since mid season.
Caufield has been ultra consistent under MSL coming into this season. That’s why it was so weird to see him slump the way he did. My hope is that it was the shoulder. That would explain a lot.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yeah because that is what I said. :huh:
I used a pun because of your term gutsy as a joke sorry. Gutsy doesn't cut it for me.
"Our guts being exposed..." dumb.

It's one thing to say we need to get a little tougher and another to say we're the softest club in the league. People are way too hyperbolic on this stuff. Then you take it to the next level talking about how this club's gonna get killed next year.

Ridiculous.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
"Our guts being exposed..." dumb.

It's one thing to say we need to get a little tougher and another to say we're the softest club in the league. People are way too hyperbolic on this stuff. Then you take it to the next level talking about how this club's gonna get killed next year.

Ridiculous.
Dumb and Ridiculous any other insults you want to fire my way?
You show me where I said this team is going to get killed next year.

I'm going to be pissed if nothing is done to address this issue for next season never mind in two years.
I don't like the message it would be sending to the Kids. No worries we will have your backs in a year or two.
I've been saying it for months not dealing with our bottom asap will be a huge mistake IMO.
For reasons I can't fathom our fan base seems to think we have to go after a top 6 guy first like it's some unwritten rule.

Over reacting some?

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Dumb and Ridiculous any other insults you want to fire my way?
You show me where I said this team is going to get killed next year.
I already did.
I don't like the message it would be sending to the Kids. No worries we will have your backs in a year or two.
Cool. Next time write that instead.

Personally, I don't think it's that bad. Certainly not the worst in the league.

And as for the bottom six, the reality is that we're stuck with guys like Anderson and Gallagher no matter what. Does adding a goon really make a difference? I don't think it does. We got Pazetta, we've got Wifi... we've got other dudes who are pretty big in the lineup as well. We're not going to ditch Evans and Beck may be coming up.

I don't see it as an acute need that has to be addressed, esp when we've got big guys coming up on the way.
Over reacting some?
If you write something dumb, it's getting called out. Next time write something with some substance to it. I may not agree but that's fine. Snarky crap like what you wrote is going to get called out every time.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Ylonen needs to have more than just one move in his shootout toolbox.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I already did.

Personally, I don't think it's that bad. Certainly not the worst in the league.

And as for the bottom six, the reality is that we're stuck with guys like Anderson and Gallagher no matter what. Does adding a goon really make a difference? I don't think it does. We got Pazetta, we've got Wifi... we've got other dudes who are pretty big in the lineup as well. We're not going to ditch Evans and Beck may be coming up.

I don't see it as an acute need that has to be addressed, esp when we've got big guys coming up on the way.

If you write something dumb, it's getting called out. Next time write something with some substance to it. I may not agree but that's fine. Snarky crap like what you wrote is going to get called out every time.
What do you even mean? I did write that.

You got your panties in a twist because I played on the word Gutsy a word you happened to have used.
Your rejoinder was: Idiotic post.

A no point did I ever say we were going to get killed and you bringing up John Kordic's name was very much in poor taste.

The Kids are playing "Gutsy" but meanwhile they are getting leaned on and cheap shotted all over the ice.
Not only do teams not fear us our PP is so bad it's no dissuasion either.
I don't know too many teams who would stand for Ridly Grieg a raw rookie harassing our Captain like he did.
I mean the Leafs took him to task because they didn't like the way he fired a puck into an empty net.

Quite simply I find it unacceptable in a long string of unacceptable responses going back 3 seasons now.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What do you even mean? I did write that.

You got your panties in a twist because I played on the word Gutsy a word you happened to have used.
Your rejoinder was: Idiotic post.

A no point did I ever say we were going to get killed and you bringing up John Kordic's name was very much in poor taste.

The Kids are playing "Gutsy" but meanwhile they are getting leaned on and cheap shotted all over the ice.
Not only do teams not fear us our PP is so bad it's no dissuasion either.
I don't know too many teams who would stand for Ridly Grieg a raw rookie harassing our Captain like he did.
I mean the Leafs took him to task because they didn't like the way he fired a puck into an empty net.

Quite simply I find it unacceptable in a long string of unacceptable responses going back 3 seasons now.
It was a dumb post. I called you on it. And now... "your panties are in a twist".

Don't like it? Too bad. Next time write something that isn't an idiotic snarky drive by.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It was a dumb post. I called you on it. And now... "your panties are in a twist".

Don't like it? Too bad. Next time write something that isn't an idiotic snarky drive by.
Your post was worse John Kordic give me a break.
It's not my fault if you have no sense of humor.
I called you right back so :P

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad