Post-Game Talk: Habs lose to last placed Senators | Detroit 2.0?

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
It's funny that you say that, I always prefer watching this team on the road, I don't feel like we get that jump from being on home ice. This year there aren't any fans in the stands so it certainly has nothing to do with pressure to perform. The games broadcast from the old forum always had more energy, the Bell center never had that, same as the Leaf's new building, no atmosphere in many of these new arenas.
It could be that they read some articles and started to believe their own greatness. Wrong thing to do.

Reactions: angusyoung

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
It's funny how RDS has an article about "soirée difficile de Suzuki" but not a word about a couple of golden boys that did as much as Suzuki. And man, I will admit, did Zuk ever get his clock cleaned at the faceoff circle. Are Sens centers that good? How do you all of a sudden forget how to win a draw?

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Possibly the greatest Habs team of all (75-76) that lost 11-games during an entire season got clocked by a Caps team that only won 11 times all season...file under s*it happens.

Now if Habs show no urgency on Sat, then there likely are potentially larger issues..
I remember that. HF Habs exploded, blaming it on Bowman, Dryden, and disco. The site was down for about 25 years.

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010
It's funny how RDS has an article about "soirée difficile de Suzuki" but not a word about a couple of golden boys that did as much as Suzuki. And man, I will admit, did Zuk ever get his clock cleaned at the faceoff circle. Are Sens centers that good? How do you all of a sudden forget how to win a draw?

I remember hearing that they also said both teams were bad in faceoff circles during the game: Habs and Sens are ranked 25th and 29th in Faceoffs wins

Reactions: Doc McKenna

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
The whole team looked like they had a hangover and maybe they did.

Ya who knows. they are allowed to celebrate things and if they lose a meaningless game against the lowly Senators,so be it. It still wasn't a cake walk for the Senators and the Habs looked and played like shit until the last few moments and gave it a go. Rather take a loss now then play hard and lose against the leafs.

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Any word on the lineup changes? Is Mete back in? Allen in nets?
I wonder if Carey Price is getting all pissy because Allen gets "too many games" (and winnign them)

Treb

Global Flanderator
May 31, 2011
Montreal
People panicking because we lost against Ottawa, completely forgetting that Toronto lost against Ottawa too and by a bigger margin (5-3).

Reactions: Roadhouse

RJJ

Jul 24, 2014
Ottawa
I couldn't watch the 3rd period. After the PP debacle in the 2nd the writing was on the wall. The key players slept through this one. It really is shocking to me that how the Habs play has a direct impact as to how I feel for the rest of the night and next day. I was in a foul mood and still am. I think I need to get out more but in this Covid nightmare, there is nowhere to go. Sad.:thumbd:

Reactions: Mikah

Uber Coca

Apr 23, 2003
Montreal
I understand where Danault is coming from, but let's not pretend that Ottawa outplayed Montreal yesterday; they scored on the few scoring chances they had, played well in the second and sat back afterwards. Ottawa can't aspire to win games playing like that and Montreal needs to keep pressing like they've been doing. Changes in the lineup for next game is drastic; practice faceoffs and shot accuracy.

Reactions: 417

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017
This is exactly what I feared. The Habs have looked good, but other teams they have played were focused on goal scoring. The Sens have nothing to lose, so they trap trap trap. The amazing breakout the Habs had going, had a really hard time against the trap. That’s hockey. The Habs are a better team, but you see what happens when they aren’t getting all kinds of odd man rushes like they had in the previous 10 games.
That is a good point.

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Any word on the lineup changes? Is Mete back in? Allen in nets?
I wonder if Carey Price is getting all pissy because Allen gets "too many games" (and winnign them)

I suspect Mete will be in as Romanov got hurt in practice. Don’t know how serious.

FWIW, Allen isn’t undefeated :sarcasm:

Edit: Looks like the Tsar is ok. Just stitches.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa

Ugh...I hate this quote.

I don't think the Habs took them lightly at all, they dominated that game but they just couldn't finish and/or Matt Murray played his best game of the season.

I really hope the overall attitude of the team isn't that they need to be humble because any team in the NHL can beat them if they work harder then them.

They had a good start, but they aren't the Tampa Bay Lightning here...what have you accomplished to feel so entitled?

I really hope he's not speaking for the collective here.

Reactions: Spring in Fialta

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Price will bounce back, probably when the team is struggling and needs him to stand on his head again, notice that there hasn't been much of that this year? We have been scoring like crazy but that won't last, teams will trap us and we will struggle to score, we will need him to bail us out and he will.

When the team struggled in third period against TOR ? against OTT ? The game MTL lost to VAN ? In all those games he has been below average. Yesterday two to three goals should have been stopped by an elite goalie. He was very good again during the last playoffs but he was not worth 10.5m. Does he wait for the playoffs to play ?

Reactions: Mikah

expy

Nov 2, 2010
FWIW, Allen isn’t undefeated :sarcasm:
We probably would've lost by a larger margin had Price played the Flames that game.

What a huge load of crap from Danault. You took them lightly? What? You were down 2-1 and you still took them lightly? You didn't change your attitude once you knew they could score more goals than you?

Last edited:

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I couldn't watch the 3rd period. After the PP debacle in the 2nd the writing was on the wall. The key players slept through this one. It really is shocking to me that how the Habs play has a direct impact as to how I feel for the rest of the night and next day. I was in a foul mood and still am. I think I need to get out more but in this Covid nightmare, there is nowhere to go. Sad.:thumbd:

I used to be like that. I stepped away from the game (mostly because I couldn't take Bergervin) and started watching a lot more NFL instead. Watched maybe ten or twelve Habs games last year, five or so this year. I feel better being less attached.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
When the team struggled in third period against TOR ? against OTT ? The game MTL lost to VAN ? In all those games he has been below average. Yesterday two to three goals should have been stopped by an elite goalie. He was very good again during the last playoffs but he was not worth 10.5m. Does he wait for the playoffs to play ?
Every team's starter has ups and downs and fans reaction to it on every board here is the same.Price has a large target on his back because of his contract and that is understandable, he will snap out of it.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
This is exactly what I feared. The Habs have looked good, but other teams they have played were focused on goal scoring. The Sens have nothing to lose, so they trap trap trap. The amazing breakout the Habs had going, had a really hard time against the trap. That’s hockey. The Habs are a better team, but you see what happens when they aren’t getting all kinds of odd man rushes like they had in the previous 10 games.
First season the special teams are clicking, and when they don't you can see how they are playing. Even that single shorty, while nice, is a perfect example of those rushes the habs tend to do this season. That usually goes away in tighter checking playoffs. Its a wake up call to the habs. Don't abandon the fast tempo of the game, but don't look down your nose at your opponent and you need to be sharp and focused to win. In a short season this team may do all right playing all out every night. But I don't like it for a longer campaign. At least its been entertaining.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad