Post-Game Talk: Habs lose.. LOL

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Crikey! that was some sad sack execution shit going down. Anyone have insight to what Montreal is trying to accomplish this season?
Does Marty not emphasize back-checking or taking your man? NiCole appears to not have that in their lexicon.
Seeing so many questionable decisions from so many and that's from the get go. Have no idea what Marty is doing,baffling.
It’s a team with like three legit NHL players on it lol let’s not get too crazy

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
Between
Armia, Pitlick, Pezzetta, Evans, Dadonov and Drouin they have played a combined 67 games and they have scored 1 goal (Dadonov) and 6 assists and are a combined -28.
These guys, these are my guys. They understand tanking, vets leading by example.
Glad Emoticon

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
So assuming Hughes doesn't land us any decent forwards before next season... who do we have (realistically) that is better than the crew, that combined for one goal in 67 games among them, that can actually step up next season? Mesar? Beck? Who else? My understanding that there is absolutely nothing on the Rocket roster that can provide any relief up front.

Nick, Caufield and Curvy Duck will not be able to carry the team all season long. It's not a knock against them. It's just something NO line can do for the entire season.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
woke?? keep it real!

Totally woke. Skinner pointing and laughing at the team last night, not a single response, nothing. What a joke. Buffalo sending their top PP unit out there up 6-2 with a few minutes left lol, this team folds like a cheap tent and practically start crying on the ice. Rogaine Gallagher was using his words though, that's a nice touch. Last night was a disgusting display of character, leadership and coaching. From line combos, to lack of a timeout, no matter what the biggest homer in the world Dave Poulin says, there should have been a time out.

Reactions: rik schau

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I kind of expected a few losing streaks this year. I thought we would see a lot of 2-3 game losing streaks, so maybe this is a start of a mini slump. They didn't have it tonight.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
X will be chomping at the bit to show the Habs are better when he's playing....

Next game Habs win, X gets a point, 8 hits and gets in a scrap and MSL will realize he can't scratch him anymore

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
So assuming Hughes doesn't land us any decent forwards before next season... who do we have (realistically) that is better than the crew, that combined for one goal in 67 games among them, that can actually step up next season? Mesar? Beck? Who else? My understanding that there is absolutely nothing on the Rocket roster that can provide any relief up front.

Nick, Caufield and Curvy Duck will not be able to carry the team all season long. It's not a knock against them. It's just something NO line can do for the entire season.
Should we consider keeping Monahan? He seems solid.
Josh Anderson doesn't bring enough for his salary.
Ylonen's game may be better suited with NHL players.
Nothing much on the horizon but this team needs a decent group of vets to support the 1st line.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Totally woke. Skinner pointing and laughing at the team last night, not a single response, nothing. What a joke. Buffalo sending their top PP unit out there up 6-2 with a few minutes left lol, this team folds like a cheap tent and practically start crying on the ice. Rogaine Gallagher was using his words though, that's a nice touch. Last night was a disgusting display of character, leadership and coaching. From line combos, to lack of a timeout, no matter what the biggest homer in the world Dave Poulin says, there should have been a time out.
Very pathetic! The old NHL was rough and tough and is more in the line of pansy hockey more and more,sad.

Skinnyjimmy08

WorldTraveler
Mar 30, 2012
The D was an absolute shitshow without him there... And Buffalo wanted to act like a bunch of tough guys suddenly.
Honestly I hate saying it but there is forsure a TINY part of X that is ok with the outcome of the game.... It happens when you get healthy scratched, you secretly are ok with seeing disaray in the lineup when you are gone.... Sure he is upset they lost but I can guarantee there is a part of him that is kinda smiling and knows he needs to have a massive game next game

Reactions: Tyson

lamp9post

Jan 28, 2007

Ylonen and RHP can likely step in as replacement level players at a fraction of the caphit for guys like Drouin and Dadanov. That alone will be a win, even if we don't see marked improvement. You also expect some improvement from Slaf who will likely be in the top-9 full time next season. Mesar and Beck might be able to steal a spot out of camp, but I think that line will still have to carry the team offensively next season.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs are better with Xhekaj and Kovasevic in the line up.
So many holes

Ylonen and RHP can likely step in as replacement level players at a fraction of the caphit for guys like Drouin and Dadanov. That alone will be a win, even if we don't see marked improvement. You also expect some improvement from Slaf who will likely be in the top-9 full time next season. Mesar and Beck might be able to steal a spot out of camp, but I think that line will still have to carry the team offensively next season.
Heineman after another season in Sweden might be ready next season.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The way Dadonov and Drouin are playing Travis Moen and Turner Stevenson could replace them offensively ...

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Columbus is 4-1-1 in their last 6 and haven't played since Sunday.
Habs coming off a game less than 24 hours ago more than likely will get their ass kicked again tonight.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Very pathetic! The old NHL was rough and tough and is more in the line of pansy hockey more and more,sad.

Remeber the response to the Kreider hit on Price? Oh yeah, there wasn't one. Franchise goalie down, never the same. Just wait till that hit is on Cole, Nick...

Reactions: rik schau

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad