Post-Game Talk: Habs lose.. LOL

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Team plays again tonight. Do you pull Allen and then give Monty the start tonight too?
Maybe ....................that might depend on performance.
A goalie can play b2b on occasions...............goalies are coddled in those situations these days....
Keeping Allen was not the solution to anything either..............in my mind the whole team bcomes deflated, whether they admit it or not...........

Start was bad (but kinda return to our real goaltending), what cost the game was the PP. They had a couple of chances to make it 3-2 but blew it and that was game over.
Somewhat true.............but you can't give up 3 goals on 4 shots, in the opening 2 minutes and expect anything to bail you out....

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
With that game now over I'm gonna check out that new Sylvester Stallone series Tulsa King. While I'm watching I'll ask him to please make one more Rambo movie to see if he can locate Armia who still seems to be MIA and needs rescuing but it may already be too late for that. :nod:
Finding Armia is too much for Rambo.

He‘s going to need help from Dutch (Arnie from Predator) and Braddock (the almighty Chuck Norris from Missing in Action).

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
He just came off an injury so he’s probably still recovering, but Matheson’s defensive performance was the worst one by a D this season. None of the rookies ever played that bad.
Yeah -3 Math, -2 Ed, no other D more than -1

It's funny how when we had 4 rookies on D it sorta looked better than when we have 4 Vet D in the line up lol

I dont know how you ever play Wideman again without injuries on D, I always said he's my secret weapon for a great pick but.. god it's just torture to watch this guy lol

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Edmundson is not deadweight. He is a 29 yo big D with a fair contract. I don't mind moving him for some value, but we WILL get value.

Hoffman might have small value with retention.

Armia's value is zero right now. That could possibly change, but the three yeears is a deterrent to both a buyer and to retention. May have to ride his contract out, like Gallagher's.

Dadonov will be gone at the end of the year, either for nothing, or a 7th round pick, LOL.
I think as usual we over rate our players...Edmundson is not very good.

Reactions: Runner77

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Yeah -3 Math, -2 Ed, no other D more than -1

It's funny how when we had 4 rookies on D it sorta looked better than when we have 4 Vet D in the line up lol

I dont know how you ever play Wideman again without injuries on D, I always said he's my secret weapon for a great pick but.. god it's just torture to watch this guy lol
wideman was plus one i believe

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Didn’t watch the game. Any have a clip of it please and thank you!
No no... you have to watch the entire game like the rest of us.

Our veterans are mostly castoffs and that includes the forward group. Most of us a more enthusiastic about the younger players because they at least bring energy and effort to the game.
Habs have 8 1/2 forwards that need replacing. That's a tall order for Hughes.

Reactions: Runner77 and cphabs

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto

Whose the 1/2?

Actually, Dach, Suzuki, Caufield, Slafkovsky that's four right there. so it's only 8 no?

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
As Pronger once said, "toss it in the trash and move on"

it was a trap game, hopefully tonight vs. CBJ will be better
itsatrap.jpg

Reactions: Walrus26 and cphabs

MilesNewton

Jul 7, 2019
Between
Armia, Pitlick, Pezzetta, Evans, Dadonov and Drouin they have played a combined 67 games and they have scored 1 goal (Dadonov) and 6 assists and are a combined -28.
I look at Evans and think he can really play well sometimes always keeps the energy up but wish he could have a little luck? Maybe i am missing something.

Wonder if anyone is out with an injury for tonights game? Hope they try and shuffle the forwards a bit and see what happens.

Reactions: Tyson

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Crikey! that was some sad sack execution shit going down. Anyone have insight to what Montreal is trying to accomplish this season?
Does Marty not emphasize back-checking or taking your man? NiCole appears to not have that in their lexicon.
Seeing so many questionable decisions from so many and that's from the get go. Have no idea what Marty is doing,baffling.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Luckily, even after a hot start we aren’t far removed from the bottom. I think now that the goaltending is stinking like I expected it to we will start trending towards the bottom.

we have played bottom teams 90% of the time since game 2, its funny we got smoked by another bottom feeder lol. I bet Columbus smokes us too, they play hard/physical, unlike this team of woke wussies with the exception of Guhle/Arbs

rik schau

Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
I think as usual we over rate our players...Edmundson is not very good.
He was fine the season Montreal went deep, this season has been a disaster. Any coincidence that Montreal has fared poorly since his return. Of course it doesn't help that it appears Allan's glove arm is a prosthetic.

wideman was plus one i believe
How can that be if he's the worst D out there.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
we have played bottom teams 90% of the time since game 2, its funny we got smoked by another bottom feeder lol. I bet Columbus smokes us too, they play hard/physical, unlike this team of woke wussies with the exception of Guhle/Arbs
woke?? keep it real!

rik schau

Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Our bottom nine is really underperforming so far... Monahan is the only one showing some signs of life...
The bottom 9 are not configured properly and don't compliment one another,threw all the eggs in one basket.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad