Post-Game Talk: Habs lose in uninspired retro jerseys to the Kings

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
The vets paying so f***ing shitty that no GM in their right mind would give even a 7th round pick for them. Won’t take them for free. I think Habs may have no choice but to execute some buy outs. Suck it up Molson - sell some more blue jerseys and buyout Gallagher and Hoffman.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The vets paying so f***ing shitty that no GM in their right mind would give even a 7th round pick for them. Won’t take them for free. I think Habs may have no choice but to execute some buy outs. Suck it up Molson - sell some more blue jerseys and buyout Gallagher and Hoffman.
There are still several months before the trading deadline. While not all of them will bounce back, you gotta figure one or two will and that wouldn’t be all that bad considering all the deadweight contracts the team is saddled with and that will be gone soon enough.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
3 words of consolation: Bedard, Fantilli, Carlsson.

And the scouting report on Mishkov:

"Michkov brings every offensive tool you could want to the table; a wicked wrister, elusiveness, and vision," EPRinkside.com 2021
"…becomes quicker around the net. He can make quick turns down low to then drive the net and display his quick hands in tight traffic" (aug), Draftin Europe 2019

Grand Admiral Thrawn

May 24, 2012
Montreal
I've said it before and I will repeat myself... those concepts dont look to be really working.

I mean this team looks like they dont know what they are doing.

Hence why 99% of coaches have systems in place.

I mean it's good now when, frankly, we need to be losing more, but lots of games this year are just ugly.

Outshot, outchanced, outclassed... if it weren't for our goalies early in the season we would be bottom 5 right now.

Feel like Monahan, Edmunston, Anderson are gonners by DL

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
I've said it before and I will repeat myself... those concepts dont look to be really working.

I mean it's good now when, frankly, we need to be losing more, but lots of games this year are just ugly.

Outshot, outchanced, outclassed... if it weren't for our goalies early in the season we would be bottom 5 right now.

Our roster stinks. So even with a rigid system like Therrien or Julien or Ducharme or not, we’d lose.

Kudo Shinichi

Apr 20, 2012

Before the season started, were you expecting this team to be good? Because if not, your comment makes no sense.

Spearmint Rhino

Sep 17, 2013
The vets are organically helping the tank, their shitty play balances out the young kids strong performance. We need more icetime for Hoffman, Badanov, Armia, should be on the first wave of the PP

dinodebino

Sep 27, 2017

You expected this team to be good and make the playoffs? This is what a bottom 5-10 team looks most of the time. Better face reality. The coach wasn’t put in place to win and he knows this. And during a game like tonight, you saw that it got to him. But he will have a good night’s sleep (unlike me right now), will have a chat with his bosses and will remember why was choosen by them : develop. We have three puppies at the blue line (first time in my lifetime I think), our two stars are young AF, and we have an 18 year old baby discovering what it is to play in the best league in the world.

Aside from maybe 77, the rest is all but noise. Don’t care too much about them. Get more picks and more prospects, finish bottom 5 and all will be fine.

ReHabs

Jan 18, 2022
I think once Monahan is back and healthy, they'll start the process of selling him. Otherwise, I guess they can sell Eddy. Who else? I'm a bit optimistic about Josh Anderson, I think he can produce more than he has and if the talks of him reinventing his game are correct, we should see some upward changes in his production rate at some point.

As for waiving -- I'm fully on-board with waiving Armia and Dadanov and Drouin as needed. Gallagher cannot be waived due to his NMC (thank you Marc Bergevin). Armia is on pace for a 10pt season, he's useless. Dadanov for a <20pt season, useless. Drouin, well... So waive them and bring up youngsters. Set a standard of excellence and keep veterans hungry. You can be excellent even when losing and tanking. It's called Best Practices.

Reactions: Canad13ns

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham

St Louis may turn out a great alternative for Ducharme. He doesn't know what he's doing but the public loves him. So the suffering is less. It reminds me of when the Nordiques sucked around 1989 but they had cleverly brought Guy Lafleur in to basically throw sand in the eyes of the fans to buy time. That jerk Aubut was a clever fella.

Evans and Dvorak must be the most boring player in the NHL.

Evans used to be way more feisty. He's never been the same after the hit.

Rob Sense

Apr 26, 2015
I think once Monahan is back and healthy, they'll start the process of selling him. Otherwise, I guess they can sell Eddy. Who else? I'm a bit optimistic about Josh Anderson, I think he can produce more than he has and if the talks of him reinventing his game are correct, we should see some upward changes in his production rate at some point.

As for waiving -- I'm fully on-board with waiving Armia and Dadanov and Drouin as needed. Gallagher cannot be waived due to his NMC (thank you Marc Bergevin). Armia is on pace for a 10pt season, he's useless. Dadanov for a <20pt season, useless. Drouin, well... So waive them and bring up youngsters. Set a standard of excellence and keep veterans hungry. You can be excellent even when losing and tanking. It's called Best Practices.
are you calling for Armigallidadrouffmageddon?

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
The first 2 periods were hard to watch, we didn't generate much and that might have had something to do with the way the Kings played the trap game. One thing that is very obvious is that unless Suzuki and Caufield are creating chances or scoring goals we can't do much. For some reason, MSL seems to have a love affair with Hoffman, can't figure that out at all. He can shoot and that's it.

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal

This year the team is still unbalanced from MB. Too many guys who need other guys driving play. Most of those guys will be gone after this year.

Next year the team will be weak because the habs don’t really have many guys to fill those spots. Lots of good smallish guys on the way, I expect that explains the moves to get Slaf and Dach. Probably need to keep Anderson and Armia for balance.

No need to tank, the team is sufficiently badly built they should end up with a good pick this year and next. It’s good that they have clear keepers now, way better than the late ‘90s early ‘00s when they were purely mediocre.

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
MSL is moving closer and closer to Ducharme territory. I am not trying to be controversial, but there have been many many signs l
It was horrid watching them play 1-3-1. No creativity or imagination and takes no skill to do. Doesn't matter the team, if someone employs the strategy

The only thing there developing is unaccountability,what a disgrace and total disrespect to the fans that payed to see this pathetic performance.Tell it how it is Marty and grow some balls because these gutless wonders will eat you alive,tired of hearing "c'est pas facile"poor little millionaires had it tough this week with three days off.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I feel bad if anyone expects more than bottom 10 from this team. Look at our defenseman. We have to have the worst 6 dman in the nhl. Guhle and Harris have looked decent, jackeye too as a #6. The problem is we need Guhle to be a #1 when in reality he could be a # 3 or a number 2 partnered with an elite defenseman. Look at Edmonton. They have talent for days but have done nothing to help on the backend.

Reactions: Canad13ns

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad