Post-Game Talk: Habs lose in regulation vs Dallas

RabbleMasterBlaster

J't'un gars d'chez nous
Jun 29, 2020
Singapore
I don't think anyone is trying to "show off" vets. My understanding is that vets command a certain respect (even if we don't think so) and it helps keep a dressing room happy. We're on a tank stretch. You let the vets play as it's probably likely these guys are on the last year in the NHL anyways. Makes them happy, gives us a better pick.

Ya, it's tough to watch. But in this situation, there's a real plan here and it's not a patch work lineup with no identity. Instead of ripping into the coach, just go do something else for the rest of the year with the understanding that the next draft is where we'll make or break or future

Armia does suck pretty bad. Chad Kilger, is that you???

muzion

Oct 5, 2007
St-Hubert, Québec
Suzuki with his worst game of the season, I wonder why!

1671864707968.png

Bombshell11

Sponsor
Jul 21, 2022
Marty leaving Suzuki to play with two stiffs until the final minute of the game was a head scratcher. He's either becoming dumb quickly or helping hughes showcase guys

I wont lie, i have seen flashes of DD in MSL early this year. I wont be surprised the stress is getting into him.

Reactions: Stive Morgan

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
Just finished watching the game. First I was like "WTF are they doing?" Habs were cruising, controlling the play, Dallas was half asleep. Then Johnny Drouin decided "wait a minute - but the tank!". Took a braindead tripping call which basically changed the flow of the entire game and voila. Go down hard for Bedard is back on baby! W00t!

Good times, good times.

Last edited:

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I don't think anyone is trying to "show off" vets. My understanding is that vets command a certain respect (even if we don't think so) and it helps keep a dressing room happy. We're on a tank stretch. You let the vets play as it's probably likely these guys are on the last year in the NHL anyways. Makes them happy, gives us a better pick.

Ya, it's tough to watch. But in this situation, there's a real plan here and it's not a patch work lineup with no identity. Instead of ripping into the coach, just go do something else for the rest of the year with the understanding that the next draft is where we'll make or break or future

I see what you’re saying. But the vets still have to earn respect as well. It’s not our responsibility to make sure a player like Drouin is as comfortable as possible as he exits the league in embarassing fashion. And if a player like Gallagher wants to start pouting like he did last year, show him the teams that would currently accept him in a trade to remind him the reality of his situation and give him perspective. The vets aren’t owed anything. That said, I don’t necessarily have a huge issue with how they’ve been used other then the whole Slafkovsky 10 minutes a night with bad linemates situation we’ve had the majority of the season.

Grate n Colorful Oz

Hutson Hawk
Jun 12, 2007
Hockey Mecca

People need their punching bags. They need their outlets so they can fend-off their personal and completely unrelated frustrations. Or others absolutely need new fresh targets on the team so they can create entertainnent of their own and keep their schtick going.

What were people expecting? It's irrational.

Reactions: Milhouse40

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021
I wont lie, i have seen flashes of DD in MSL early this year. I wont be surprised the stress is getting into him.
MSL said it a few games ago: they aren't executing. In other words, the players aren't doing what the coaches are asking. The vets on this team needs so much hand holding, it's scary.

And it is still a badly built team...

Reactions: Tyson

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
People need their punching bags. They need their outlets so they can fend-off their personal and completely unrelated frustrations. Or others absolutely need new fresh targets on the team so they can create entertainnent of their own and keep their schtick going.

What were people expecting? It's irrational.

For more than a decade, Habs could endure terrible coaches like Therrien and even endure one of worst GM in Habs history for a full decade, and a terrible team for that long cause they had.....that 10.5 millions goalie to blame for everything that it's going wrong with the team.

Now that he's gone, they need someone else to blame.......someone easy,

Every Habs fans who endorse Bergevin or any of his coaches should just shut up and sit down......I remember the vast majority here were ecstatic when Ducharme got the job,.....

Paddyjack

Dec 10, 2007
Sherbrooke
I don't understant why people are so worked up. There was no expectations for this team this season, for obvious reasons, and we even made a thread or a poll a few weeks ago where people here were in great majority predicting this team would fall off their clouds as soon as the season gets into gear by the other teams. This is started already, as predicted.

So please, if you are unhappy and venting right now, go get a break and drink some alcohol and think about something else for a few days. There is nothing happening right now that was not obviously predictable.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad