Post-Game Talk: Habs lose in regulation vs Dallas

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Thank God for the crappy reffing in this league. Managed to get home in time to watch 3rd period. Wideman was totally pushed into net by Glendenning. That lead to game winning goal by Dallas.

Thought for sure we were headed for OT again.

Evans goal was classic Evans. Nice goal by Pezz.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

:xtree::xtree::xtree:

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Can't win them all

Merry Christmas / Joyeux Noel!
Thought Xhekaj had an excellent rebound game. He made numerous excellent breakout passes.

There were some very questionable and missed calls in this game. Nevertheless, we remained competitive and that is all you can ask and expect of this team. Problem is that Montreal’s margin for error is so small we can’t overcome any bad calls or bad luck. Except for one bad pass in the defensive zone, Dach had another strong game proving he can play against the best opposition in the most hostile of environments. Once this team turns the corner he will be a core player going forward.

Last edited:

Henderson33

Jun 4, 2012
Nova Scotia
Seems like you guys want to lose and I respect it but you have such fun, good team.

As a fellow Canadian, I can't wait until you guys are perennial playoff contenders again, the amount of memories I have as a kid involving guys like Koivu, Theodore, Kovalev, Markov, and the rest of the guys in that era...

Best of luck the rest of the season and into the future.

Merry Christmas everyone!

domiwroze

Nov 14, 2014
Man is our special teams straight up bad.

falling-drunk.gif

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Thank God for the crappy reffing in this league. Managed to get home in time to watch 3rd period. Wideman was totally pushed into net by Glendenning. That lead to game winning goal by Dallas.

Thought for sure we were headed for OT again.

Evans goal was classic Evans. Nice goal by Pezz.

Merry Christmas, everyone!

:xtree::xtree::xtree:
As I wrote in an earlier post, Evans has shaken off his slow start and is starting to show the skating and puck pursuit that made him such a promising player. Thought he, Xhekaj and Allen were our best players. Thought Edmundson played a strong game and if his current high level of play continues he will fetch us a first round choice at the trade deadline.

MasterD

Giggidy Giggidy Goo
Jul 1, 2004
Seems like you guys want to lose and I respect it but you have such fun, good team.

As a fellow Canadian, I can't wait until you guys are perennial playoff contenders again, the amount of memories I have as a kid involving guys like Koivu, Theodore, Kovalev, Markov, and the rest of the guys in that era...

Best of luck the rest of the season and into the future.

On the one hand, same!

On the other hand, we also sucked in that era.

I’m 38 and started watching seriously around 1996, and I don’t remember a really dominating era. We’ve had exciting teams some years, but never could really be called contenders the way Tampa or Colorado are.

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
I wonder if the posters from a few weeks ago that were saying there was no way this team is getting a top 10 pick because they are way too good for that, if they are starting to re-think that opinion. :popcorn::DD
People in here were thinking Suzuki was going to hit 100 pts this season.

I have always known this was a bottom 3 team in the NHL. Some people called me crazy in November when I said. Oh well.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
On the one hand, same!

On the other hand, we also sucked in that era.

I’m 38 and started watching seriously around 1996, and I don’t remember a really dominating era. We’ve had exciting teams some years, but never could really be called contenders the way Tampa or Colorado are.
The team was better when Bobby Smith and Vinc Damphousse were the #1 centers.
They both won a SC with a bit of luck, St. Patrick Roy, had work and 4th line good grinders.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad