Post-Game Talk: Habs lose in Las Vegas Nevada

John B

Nov 19, 2016
Back in the top 5 talk, feels good man. Now if Florida could just fluctuate between 10 and 12, we're golden.
It would be nice to see the Panthers go on a long losing streak. Unfortunate that Detroit lost in regulation to Philly.

DinosaurBones

Sep 18, 2018
It would be nice to see the Panthers go on a long losing streak. Unfortunate that Detroit lost in regulation to Philly.
Florida has 8 games against teams currently in the playoffs.
4 Against teams in the wild card race
6 Against teams out of it (2 against the Habs)

If you look at the math by odds - its around 8-10 record. But of course it doesnt work like that. 2 of those wild card games are agaisnt Ottawa and they are BUZZING. Buffalo I think will go on a run aswell.

Im hoping their remaining schedule will set them up on a 6-12 record. Wishful thinking but that would set them up for a bottom 11 lottery spot. So with our luck it will be a nice 9-9 record having them finish 1st or 2nd spot out of the Bedard lottery.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Gurianov started on the first line but only played 13 min and was -2
Did MSL switch the lines up once we were down?

not sure, he wasn't visible tonight. If you asked me if Dvorak played I honestly couldnt tell you that either, he was totally invisible if he actually played.

Reactions: Runner77

hvac412

Apr 15, 2013
Didn't take him long to play like complete shit,can see why Dallas dumped him.Armia 2.0 :deadhorse

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Yup Gurianov got bumped and Allard found some pine after a particularly poor breakout which led to the Knights 3rd goal.

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Meh, whether they're 13th or 14th forwards or AHLers, they're doing more than the washed up vets.
The point is on a playoff team you shouldn’t have washed up vets. I get why they are playing now but they have no business bring in the lineup on a playoff team

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
The point is on a playoff team you shouldn’t have washed up vets. I get why they are playing now but they have no business bring in the lineup on a playoff team

I'm a Belzile fan since a while back. I've only watched so much this year. But I always thought he was a better hockey player than people give him credit for.

We'll see if Pez can carve out a long term career in the NHL. He's got the speed and some offense to add to being an energy player. But he turns the puck over wayyyy too often.

Leon Lucius Black

Nov 5, 2007
Great third period from the team and nice to see them not give up against a very solid team. Matheson continues to be impressive since returning from injury, that was a beautiful goal.

Thankfully Hoffman hit the post late in the third so we didn't get any points :laugh:

Reactions: The Real Timo

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
How confident are you about a top 5 pick? The way this team shows up, I’m having trouble believing it but hope it happens as it would be a great baseline for a high upside talent that fills a glaring need.
It was always gonna be the lottery for me. No way we can get a top pick with how bad other teams simply are

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
I'm confused a bit since that fight, replay and further comments from the media + coach. "Do players really have to fight after every big hit?" I'm not sure Martinez was really coming to fight, he's just gliding towards Kovacevic who drops the gloves first?
I hate when they have to fight after a good clean hit.

As for dropping them, what else was he to assume?

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
It's 19 now...
Even better. Why is some players can never do wrong, no matter who the coach is

1678114621529.png

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
That's the thing, he's assuming.
Yes. I would not wait on a right hook to the jaw before assuming lol. It’s a hockey game, a sport where they fight and players are now totally expected to after good hits.

You don’t skate towards the guy who delivered the hit unless you’re going to fight. You skate towards your buddy who got hit to see if he’s ok otherwise. One of my cats has a bad habit like that of staring when she’s scared. It triggers the other cats every time lol :)

Reactions: Beer and Chips

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
Great third period from the team and nice to see them not give up against a very solid team. Matheson continues to be impressive since returning from injury, that was a beautiful goal.

Thankfully Hoffman hit the post late in the third so we didn't get any points :laugh:
Matheson continues to be Montreal’s best player on the ice. And that is usually the case for both teams playing. While it may not be good for the hoped for ‘tank’, one can only cringe when thinking about what our team would look like if we didn’t have Matheson’s impactful 26 minutes per game contribution. He is currently the only player with the talent to play with and match the best players the opposing team sends out.

It was a great trade as Matheson is only starting to enter his prime and is clearly a team leader. In my opinion, at the next best on best competition, Matheson is a surefire selection to Team Canada. And if the organizers of Team Canada ‘overlook’ him, they can join the misguided here who still lament his acquisition.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad