Post-Game Talk: Habs lose in Las Vegas Nevada

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Kovacevic with the big hit and looked alright in his scrap, although I heard he injured his hand, is that confirmed?

I kind of expected Anderson to take care of some business with Pietrangelo today as well, disappointed it never materialized.

Thought Harvey-Pinard played well, bunch of shots, blocks and hits, and scored another sneaky good goal. Kid has a quick release, we may have something unexpected here.

Good loss for the tank.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
I'm confused a bit since that fight, replay and further comments from the media + coach. "Do players really have to fight after every big hit?" I'm not sure Martinez was really coming to fight, he's just gliding towards Kovacevic who drops the gloves first?
True that Kovy dropped them first but you can tell from Kovy's reaction that he expected someone to step up.

Especially when you deliver a big hit like that, a fight always ensues so Kovy reacted with that expectation whether or not Martinez had any intentions.

I think Marty is in left field on this -- you can't dish out a big hit in today's NHL without ending up getting challenged to a fight right after.

Kovacevic with the big hit and looked alright in his scrap, although I heard he injured his hand, is that confirmed?

I kind of expected Anderson to take care of some business with Pietrangelo today as well, disappointed it never materialized.

Thought Harvey-Pinard played well, bunch of shots, blocks and hits, and scored another sneaky good goal. Kid has a quick release, we may have something unexpected here.

Good loss for the tank.
I was hoping Anderson would give Pietrangelo some payback for the teeth he lost after he was outnumbered and being prevented from defending himself. If I recall correctly, it was Pietrangelo who held Anderson down while a teammate pummeled him.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The team that gets decent goaltending can beat the sieves Edmonton puts in net. Edmonton's dynamic duo can't do it alone.
Decent goaltending doesn't stop McJesus. You need to be able to score 5 goals a game or have Roy/Brodeur.

Last year avs against edm won

8-6
4-0
4-2
6-5

They stopped McJesus two games. But thay had quite possibly the best defense in the league or very close to it.

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares

Good loss for the tank.
Probably be out for a year.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Great play by Ylonen on the RHP goal
The kid can play. I watched him a ton in Laval. I still say he should be slotted in Caufield's shooting spot on the PP. Not sure why they don't try that. He has a great one timer.

Decent goaltending doesn't stop McJesus. You need to be able to score 5 goals a game or have Roy/Brodeur.

Last year avs against edm won

8-6
4-0
4-2
6-5

They stopped McJesus two games. But thay had quite possibly the best defense in the league or very close to it.
Decent goaltending swept Edmonton against Colorado from what I recall.
McDavid has not won anything in the NHL. He won't this year because of their team's weak goalies.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
The kid can play. I watched him a ton in Laval. I still say he should be slotted in Caufield's shooting spot on the PP. Not sure why they don't try that. He has a great one timer.

Decent goaltending swept Edmonton against Colorado from what I recall.
McDavid has not won anything in the NHL. He won't this year because of their team's weak goalies.
Dunno wins of 8-6 and 6-5 don't strike me as decent goaltending ;) It strikes me as best in class offense ...

Reactions: Runner77

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
Seriously. I Hope people aren’t fooled by Belzile and pezz. They are not NHL players, especially Belzile.
Meh, whether they're 13th or 14th forwards or AHLers, they're doing more than the washed up vets.

Reactions: Tyson

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Dunno wins of 8-6 and 6-5 don't strike me as decent goaltending ;) It strikes me as best in class offense ...
If you recall Colorado defeated Edmonton with their back up goalie, Francouz.
I am a huge McDavid fan but he can't do it alone. The Edmonton Oilers unless they get decent goaltending won't last against a team like Dallas.

Reactions: Runner77 and Rapala

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Meh, whether they're 13th or 14th forwards or AHLers, they're doing more than the washed up vets.
At least they compete and they get paid league minimum, unlike the over paid slugs we get to watch with the game on the line.

Reactions: 26Mats

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
At least they compete and they get paid league minimum, unlike the over paid slugs we get to watch with the game on the line.

Hoffman and Drouin have been great for the tank recently.

The young guys queue the comeback. The washed up vets get put out with the empty net and ensure it doesn't materialize.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
He has been bad most of the times he gets the net.
Have you ever heard of or seen a goaltender apologize to his team through the media as much as Campbell?

Every start pretty well, "I'm really sorry I let the team down. I played awful. I need to be better...."

It's to the point where I'm wondering which adjectives he'll use to describe how badly he played and let the team down.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Add in a top 5 pick from this year's draft and that would be a great forward core to watch
How confident are you about a top 5 pick? The way this team shows up, I’m having trouble believing it but hope it happens as it would be a great baseline for a high upside talent that fills a glaring need.

Reactions: OldCraig71

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
3 in a row. Are we about to go on a magical run? Keep RHP off the ice though, he’s too much of a threat to score.

3 in a row. Are we about to go on a magical run? Keep RHP off the ice though, he’s too much of a threat to score.

Reactions: Rozz

The Real Timo

Jun 18, 2019
That team that beat Vegas in conference finals, still will beat vegas. Hello... any team that has 3/4 NHL roster will beat vegas. Being first in the pacific division is like Junior A team leading a bantam division.

Last edited:
  • Haha
Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad