Post-Game Talk: Habs lose in Las Vegas Nevada

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Matheson continues to be Montreal’s best player on the ice. And that is usually the case for both teams playing. While it may not be good for the hoped for ‘tank’, one can only cringe when thinking about what our team would look like if we didn’t have Matheson’s impactful 26 minutes per game contribution. He is currently the only player with the talent to play with and match the best players the opposing team sends out.

It was a great trade as Matheson is only starting to enter his prime and is clearly a team leader. In my opinion, at the next best on best competition, Matheson is a surefire selection to Team Canada. And if the organizers of Team Canada ‘overlook’ him, they can join the misguided here who still lament his acquisition.
I agree with you on Matheson. He has been really good. His skating is Paul Coffey like. Not sure what Hextall was thinking. Chris Letang was not happy to see him traded.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
So you are the one?
He’s the one. He’s in the matrix with a gazillion Belzile clones and your post is only one of many slo-mo bullets he’ll have to dodge by performing exaggerated body contortions that have never been done in real life.

• Haha
Reactions: Habs

Cournoyer12

Mar 17, 2022
How confident are you about a top 5 pick? The way this team shows up, I’m having trouble believing it but hope it happens as it would be a great baseline for a high upside talent that fills a glaring need.
That is a pondersom question my friend. They seem to be competitive enough to hang with the better teams which I consider a positive. Just not quite good enough to win. I think Hoff and the other “Veterans “ have pretty much thrown in the towel being that they weren’t picked up by a playoff contender. In a nutshell if our young hard chargers can be kept off the ice I do believe we have a shot at being in the bottom 3. I would be even more confident if they brought up Primeau for about 10 or 12 games because I truly believe he is going along the lines of Fucale! I’m just not sold.

Reactions: Runner77

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
That is a pondersom question my friend. They seem to be competitive enough to hang with the better teams which I consider a positive. Just not quite good enough to win. I think Hoff and the other “Veterans “ have pretty much thrown in the towel being that they weren’t picked up by a playoff contender. In a nutshell if our young hard chargers can be kept off the ice I do believe we have a shot at being in the bottom 3. I would be even more confident if they brought up Primeau for about 10 or 12 games because I truly believe he is going along the lines of Fucale! I’m just not sold.
It's not like the goaltending duo we currently have are much better than Primeau. This is something they have to address.

ChesterNimitz

governed by the principle of calculated risk
Jul 4, 2002
I agree with you on Matheson. He has been really good. His skating is Paul Coffey like. Not sure what Hextall was thinking. Chris Letang was not happy to see him traded.
He can always join him in his dotage.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
He’s the one. He’s in the matrix with a gazillion Belzile clones and your post is only one of many slo-mo bullets he’ll have to dodge by performing exaggerated body contortions that have never been done in real life.

imagine showing up to a game in a Belzile jersey, people would probably be like-- 'wtf? He must be related?' 'were they out of Sebastian Collberg jersys?'

• Haha
Reactions: Runner77

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
It's not like the goaltending duo we currently have are much better than Primeau. This is something they have to address.

There are two teams with their top two most played goaltenders in the top half of GSAA. Boston and Montreal. Montreal's goaltending is fine for now, unless you wanted to finish lower in the standings.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
But … but … Eddy was crying crocodile tears about how badly he wanted to stay. Don’t tell me he was lying!!!! :sarcasm:

Most competitive vets want to play for a winning team. Who are these towel-throwing guys who claim they want to stay here but who know that management won’t hesitate to move them as soon as the right offer comes in?

Reactions: Cournoyer12

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad