Post-Game Talk: Habs lose against Ducks.

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Arber's not sniffing any PP time anytime soon with Matheson, Guhle, and Barron on the team and Mailloux and Hutson coming up.
That's your opinion.

Mailloux and Hutson aren't ready to be full time NHL'ers yet, while I don't see Matheson staying much longer than another season before being traded.

There will always be a place for a guy who can fire a cannon, and who can consistently get pucks on the net.

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
That's your opinion.

Mailloux and Hutson aren't ready to be full time NHL'ers yet, while I don't see Matheson staying much longer than another season before being traded.

There will always be a place for a guy who can fire a cannon, and who can consistently get pucks on the net.
Why would Matheson be traded?

Beendair Donedat

Punk in Drublic
Dec 29, 2010
Truth or Consequences, NM
Why would Matheson be traded?
Multiple reasons.

First he's 29, will be 30 soon, and quite simply isn't going to be providing a service that one of the younger guys coming up cannot provide - at a much cheaper cost.

As you mentioned, we will have Guhle, Xhekaj, along with Harris, Edmundson and Matheson as left hand shot defensemen, as well as Savard, Kovacevic, and Barron on the right hand side. That's 8 NHL defensemen. I know there will be injuries, but 8 full time guys?

Finally his salary. He makes a lot of money, for a guy who's never scored more than 31 points in a season.

I just don't see him being kept around. I think Savard will be the vet that stays to be the steady leader (and because he's PLD's best friend), while Edmundson and Matheson will be moved to free up space and add to the picks/prospects Hughes continue to accumulate.

Reactions: MilesNewton

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Multiple reasons.

First he's 29, will be 30 soon, and quite simply isn't going to be providing a service that one of the younger guys coming up cannot provide - at a much cheaper cost.

As you mentioned, we will have Guhle, Xhekaj, along with Harris, Edmundson and Matheson as left hand shot defensemen, as well as Savard, Kovacevic, and Barron on the right hand side. That's 8 NHL defensemen. I know there will be injuries, but 8 full time guys?

Finally his salary. He makes a lot of money, for a guy who's never scored more than 31 points in a season.

I just don't see him being kept around. I think Savard will be the vet that stays to be the steady leader (and because he's PLD's best friend), while Edmundson and Matheson will be moved to free up space and add to the picks/prospects Hughes continue to accumulate.
Good friends with the gm though, get used to him (also he’s actually fun to watch and usefull).

Hey just watched the highlights, welp that looked like a snoozefest.

Someone should make a commemorative gif of Drouin’s goal-line tap-in and a giant flashing “1”. I didn’t see it live unlike Gomez’ but I still feel something resembling playful irony.

jrom

Mar 28, 2022
second thought going to put 500 on Montreal to win in Boston, going to make this season worthwhile.

Its that sort of a year that the Bruins with that record would lose to this god awful franchise in Montreal

I’m sure they’re glad we didn’t meet in the middle of their winning streak.

Reactions: Habs

KevSkillz4

Apr 11, 2016
Cheering for the loss.
Pathetic.

So you tell that you cheering for the win in a lost season, wanted to draft 16th and don't make playoff. Having the same mentality like many years since 1993??

You don't want see talent on ice?? You like to see when Hoffman, Armia, Dvorak score goal for winning game?!?! Really?!?!

Whalers Fan

Go Habs!
Sep 24, 2012
Plymouth, MI
Multiple reasons.

All three of the vet defensemen missed significant playing time this season, and for Edmundson it's been the past two seasons. Chances are at least one will be out of action at any given time. Kovacevic can sit in the press box and get used as an injury filler. Plus Edmundson will be gone by next year's trade deadline, at the latest (may even get moved this summer).

I don't see Matheson going anywhere for awhile, unless Hughes gets bowled over with an offer he cannot refuse.

Last edited:

NewEraGM

Jun 19, 2010
Multiple reasons.

He literally just turned 29 like last week..

Reactions: Belial

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
I wonder who made the decision to put Hoffman out for that last shift?

It had been: Suzuki, Drouin, RHP, Dvorak, Matheson & Guhle, and they were doing a hell of a job keeping possession in Ducks zone finally leading to the second goal.

Last shift, Hoffman is out. Puck gets to blueline and he completely f***s it up. Just an awesome tank move Hoffman. Geezus, f***ing hell, can't wait til you're gone.

Such a boring, awful game.

I will say, I think my first assessment of Matheson was a #5-6, but he's doing fantastic under MSL and his growth has been substantial. He has # 3 written all over him with a true # 1 dman.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
I wonder who made the decision to put Hoffman out for that last shift?

It had been: Suzuki, Drouin, RHP, Dvorak, Matheson & Guhle, and they were doing a hell of a job keeping possession in Ducks zone finally leading to the second goal.

Last shift, Hoffman is out. Puck gets to blueline and he completely f***s it up. Just an awesome tank move Hoffman. Geezus, f***ing hell, can't wait til you're gone.

Such a boring, awful game.
If not Hoff, it's Drouin doing this..................never gets old eh!!
Good loss boys..................the last 20 games are gonna get ugly for this team.

• Love
Reactions: Runner77 and Nedved

Sasha Orlov

Lord of the Manor
Sponsor
Jun 22, 2018
Let’s f***ing go, lose the next 10 straight I wanna see us drop in those standings

Gaylord Q Tinkledink

Apr 29, 2018
Excellent

If you're going to win, win big.

If you're going to lose, let like Edmundson score a goal to build his value in the off season maybe. Hoffman same reason.

Zukes just because.

Habnot

Feb 28, 2002
Visit site
Multiple reasons.

Lol - he literally turned 29 on Monday.....

Matheson is a keeper, playing like a first pairing D and is the main reason the PP has gotten back on track. Out of the vet's he's the one I would not move.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
This is what I've been talking about. People who want to lose were freaking out over the Habs winning against a team like the devils.

Inevitably, people start losing their minds and saying the Habs are stupid and will draft outside of the bottom 10.

Things are not so linear. The habs can beat a playoff team, but that doesn't mean they automatically don't lose to a non playoff team, which is probably even worse than them.

There will be surprise wins, but the losses will also keep accumulating with this roster, no matter how good or bad the opposing teams are.

At the end of the day, the record reflects what they are, and it isn't that much different than when MSL took over last year.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad