Post-Game Talk: Habs Lose Again

Daniels45

May 8, 2013
A lot of the media types who are in the mainstream, were heavily influenced by the turbulent 70s and 80s that the Quebec political climate represented. Philippe Cantin, Ron Fournier, JC Lajoie, Réjean Tremblay, François Gagnon ... there isn't much different between sports, language and politics for these guys. And that's just the tip of the iceberg.

True. I hate it when they mix in language and politics into the sports arena. It has no place there.:rant:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
No he needs to be able to get the most of his players, develop them and win cups. When was the last time you had a conversation with the head coach? This is a HOCKEY COACH team not your local politician, he doesn't need to be your ****ing hero!

I would add that apparently they want quebecois people around so the folks here can associate with the team here, except when Therrien speaks, I feel he's some alien with a different tongue. He doesn't speak french. It's some weird language, and I'm french.
Also, Therrien repeats the same garbage every time, so do the players, I really don't know why they keep conducting these interviews. Maybe that's not their fault, the people in the media ask the dumbest questions you can think of..''Hey Max, we know the players voted for you as captain, if it was management that did it, would you still have accepted?''...''Hey coach, you went 0-5 on the PP, you think that's why you lost?''..
It's been weeks that Galchenyuk is our best player yet he still gets less ice time at ES than weaker ones, still, nobody asks him the obvious questions.

So annoying.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
What you and I think doesn't matter. Its how it is in this province. Many french speaking Quebecois see it as an insult or lack of respect if the team doesn't communicate in french to its fan base. Look at all the hate Saku got for not trying.

I also think part of the problem is that most of it is media driven and you here a lot of it on french sport talk shows. Ron Fournier was one of the worst if I recall. Still complains too much that we dont have enough home grown players on the team that we can identify with. So yeah...you have part of the media who drives this and it doesnt help.

Remember the ovation he got coming back from cancer? Or even when at his first game back after moving to Anaheim?
Koivu was loved. Yes, he was criticized for not speaking french by a minority of idiots, but he was mostly loved and admired.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
But Marc Bergevin and Geoff Molson have both said that language has to be taken into consideration when hiring a new coach. Seems like it's a more than relevant point of discussion when talking about a potential coaching change. Wherever it's discussing potential candidates or simply the entire philosophy.

It is but doesn't matter because Florida is beating columbus(not a hard task) and Ottawa and Boston are tied in the second-worst case(or best case) scenario. If Ottawa wins in OT and Florida wins at all that puts us at 43, bruins at 43, Ottawa at 42 and Florida leap frogs us to 44. And the all have game in hand still after tonight.

Habs in 7th with 1 point over 8th Ottawa who would still have game in hand. 4 ahead of TB who has one game in hand and play us tomorrow...You know that Florida trip we have always been so great on. LOL could be 9th before Winter Classic

Nynja*

I JUST came here to post score updates lol

Were on our way to wild card.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Habs out of a playoff spot sometime this week. Who would have imagined?

I knew it was only a matter of time before Therrien regressed. He only needed one loss to move Semin out of the line-up.. then he's been regressing further and further every loss since.

Nynja*

Habs out of a playoff spot sometime this week. Who would have imagined?

Most of us last week. 3 weeks ago we were expecting to be in the WC by the time price gets back. Now the reality is we may be out of a playoff position come the winter classic.

mariolemieux66

Sep 17, 2008
Vancouver
Most of us last week. 3 weeks ago we were expecting to be in the WC by the time price gets back. Now the reality is we may be out of a playoff position come the winter classic.

We're 2 points away from being out of the playoffs. What a turn of events.

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
We're 2 points away from being out of the playoffs. What a turn of events.

Before the break I said we'd be out of a spot by January 10th. Then, even closer to the break (still before it), I said January 2nd.

It could be before 2016. For a team that started 9-0-0 (and gone 11-14-3 since)... unbelievable.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada
I knew it was only a matter of time before Therrien regressed. He only needed one loss to move Semin out of the line-up.. then he's been regressing further and further every loss since.

He's really hard to follow. I mean i don't hate DD but 1 pass in his last 15 games and -7. That's beyond awful with the ice time he got. He kind of floats around too. But that's perfectly fine for MT no problem. Semin had what 3 points in 10 games -1 but that was not good enough for MT had to waive him.

Now don't get me wrong i don't hate DD and i don't like Semin much. Semin being gone is not a bad thing in itself.

But i think when you take a decision you need to be able to explain it logically. And it's hard to explain the double standard going on in this team. What kind of sequence DD needs to have to be thrown under the bus like Sekac, Semin, Condon and other players?

It really baffles me.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
He's really hard to follow. I mean i don't hate DD but 1 pass in his last 15 games and -7. That's beyond awful with the ice time he got. He kind of floats around too. But that's perfectly fine for MT no problem. Semin had what 3 points in 10 games -1 but that was not good enough for MT had to waive him.

Now don't get me wrong i don't hate DD and i don't like Semin much. Semin being gone is not a bad thing in itself.

But i think when you take a decision you need to be able to explain it logically. And it's hard to explain the double standard going on in this team. What kind of sequence DD needs to have to be thrown under the bus like Sekac, Semin, Condon and other players?

It really baffles me.

score on own net...twice in one game:newyear:

Nynja*

Four points. Tampa and New Jersey are both at 39.

Both PA teams are potentially tied w us in points too. It would involve them winning all 3 of their games in hand...but still potentially tied in points. Though it looks like theyre both losing tonight.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
Before the break I said we'd be out of a spot by January 10th. Then, even closer to the break (still before it), I said January 2nd.

It could be before 2016. For a team that started 9-0-0 (and gone 11-14-3 since)... unbelievable.

What would cheer you up?

Nynja*

What are you, a prophet crying out in the wilderness? Price and Gallagher wouldn't hear of it.

2-11-0, or 2-12-0, ive legit lost count, and mr. "Aucune excuse" is throwing rookies under the bus (or on the bus to st johns), blaming the goalies, shuffling the lineup on an almost per-period basis, and not once has he taken any blame. In fact, hes puffing out his own chest saying that be thinks the team has played good structured hockey in this freefall, even better than the first 9 games.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
2-11-0, or 2-12-0, ive legit lost count, and mr. "Aucune excuse" is throwing rookies under the bus (or on the bus to st johns), blaming the goalies, shuffling the lineup on an almost per-period basis, and not once has he taken any blame. In fact, hes puffing out his own chest saying that be thinks the team has played good structured hockey in this freefall, even better than the first 9 games.
You make it sound as though Therrien is carrying a pail of spackle and denying there are any holes.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad