Post-Game Talk: Habs Lose Again

Nynja*

You make it sound as though Therrien is carrying a pail of spackle and denying there are any holes.

Therrien has blamed the goaltending (half-valid, they could have been better, but at the same time, most of the goals that have gone in werent garbage goals, you cant give up the slot so easily or let the opposition park two bodies infront of your goaltender)
Therrien has blamed the rookies (invalid, he seemingly forced Semin to be bought out, and those rookies are the ones scoring all the goals lately, one of the rookies that have been scoring goals was put in the press box by Therrien)
Therrien has blamed puck luck (invalid, you dont have bad luck for 11 games, after a certain point you have to accept that you're failing to make your own luck ie: Perimeter shots)

If you want to blame injuries, thats hogwash. The Habs scored 13 goals in the 12 periods following Gallagher's injury but before Therrien switched up all of the lines. Short sample size, yes...but the only available sample size for that time frame. The rate of scoring in that time frame coincides with the rate of scoring with Gallagher in the lineup.

The scoring vanished when Therrien shuffled the lines after the first period against Columbus.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
The coach is just simply stupid. He still favor too much some players AKA the whole first line.

Just take a step back and question yourself which line produced well together since the beginning of the season.

Pacioretty-Plekanec-Gallagher did great at the beginning, then just patch our hottest winger now and put Carr with them.

Eller-Galchenyuk played their best hockey with Andrighetto(and Carr of course), put him there.

Fleishmann-DD-Weise was an excellent third line, keep them together.

Losing Gallagher hurt but the team all went down when the coach start messing up with the lines for no reason. Coach only has himself to blame for playing his favorites.

That excellent 3rd line got cold a long long time ago. People can keep referencing it but it's due a shake up. Not a promotion to first line but a shake up nonetheless.

Apr 28, 2010
Just realized the Habs are 11-14-3 since 9-0 start.

My goodness.

I wonder how this board would react if we started the season 5-4 instead of 9-0 and 5-5 in the last 10 games instead of 1-9. Still with a record of 20-14-3.

Would we be still freaking out?

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009

My goodness.

I wonder how this board would react if we started the season 5-4 instead of 9-0 and 5-5 in the last 10 games instead of 1-9. Still with a record of 20-14-3.

LOL yeah because we would still be looking at being out of the playoffs after a 'great' season last year. I think people would have been on price for being 5-4 in the first weeks as well. We EXPECT price to win us games by himself, he is the system. But this epic metdown is not freaking out, just tired of the scrambled lines. We were winning before Therrien used the roulette/bingo/RNG/WTF he figures out lines with. And then it was the usage and moving Desharnais AND Weise back to the top line for 17-20 minutes a game. Or throw rookies under the bus while they are doing a better job than all of our supposed vets. Seen Ghetto lately, MT neither it seems. All mistakes we thought he wouldn't repeat. But the guy can't help him self.

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006

My goodness.

I'd say they've had 3 streaks so far:

9-0-0
9-3-2
2-11-1

I want to think they're closer to the second streak than the first and third.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

My goodness.

With No Price on the near horizon.
Playing a 4 point game against Tampa who can use this as a springboard to kickstart their season.
Going into Fla the following night against a rested team who are high as a kite after taking the Division lead.

Damned tooting we'd be freaking out.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad