Post-Game Talk: Habs lose a snoozzzzerrrr

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
lucic is such a f***ing idiot. literally looks like a cave troll with a helmet. Anderson shouldn't be taking that on.
Byron needs to sit. has been garbage and sealed the deal with a bad penalty at the end of the game.

Reactions: Runner77

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Mete showed on a couple of occasions last night that he's speedy enough to skate into the opposition zone as no other Habs D can and create a scoring chance. That was one upside.
I'm willing to overlook some of the messier plays in his own zone, as he has barely played this season.

Didn't see much of JD last night, seems he didn't get a ton of ice time, or perhaps I'm imagining it. I wonder if he's not nursing some minor injury. He didn't look as quick as usual out there but then again that could be said of everybody.

you might have been looking in the defensive zone

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
guess you have your excuses ready.
Excume me but that's not my excuses. I write excuses because I want to enlight that bs Bergevin said years ago. The excuses came back often. Everybody have excuses, posters have excuses to explain anything without mentioning the word. Let's not be hypocrits about the word "excuses" when it applies.

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
no mention of scorey perry ?
and C+ for Drouin, is this graded on a curve ?

I didn't bother with the 4th line. They weren't great. Perry was good but really just on the PP.

Drouin wasn't great (hence a C+) but he wasn't Suzuki/Anderson bad. Saw him back checking a few times. It just seemed like he had the only legs on that line.

RealityBytes

Trash Remover
Feb 11, 2013
I know that but seeing that the Friday was open there was absolutely no reason not to level the playing field for both clubs. Particularly since we haven't had 1 game suspended in the North. I get that the computers generate most of this stuff but there should also be some oversight to vet the schedule and make sure there are no anomalies like the one we just had.

It's not an anomaly. The league would balance those out and if one team gets them, they all do.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
It's not an anomaly. The league would balance those out and if one team gets them, they all do.

I've never seen it before so I called it like I see it. 22hrs between a B2B is ridiculous. It reminds me of those garage league tournaments where you could play 2 games or more on the same day.

Reactions: rik schau

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
I didn't bother with the 4th line. They weren't great. Perry was good but really just on the PP.

Drouin wasn't great (hence a C+) but he wasn't Suzuki/Anderson bad. Saw him back checking a few times. It just seemed like he had the only legs on that line.
You should watch more games.
Perry was excellent outside of the goal riding the hard ice all night.

Drouin was, again, a ghost. At least when he is not scoring Anderson will toss the mitts and if the argument is that drouin was better than our young center in a sophomore slump let's not pull any punches;

Jonathan drouin is a waste of space in both ends of the ice ( his hits that no one fears, notwithstanding).

He is our Skinner.

It ain't good.

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
Sure. Except our top line centers would be just hitting puberty.

Yeah i guess they still would of needed a franchise center to be considered the best core...Kovalchuk if i remember correctly could play center out of necessity but not his natural position....

Drafting Getzlaf instead of Kostitsyn could of went a long way in terms of solving that issue too. :)

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest

Drouin was, again, a ghost. At least when he is not scoring Anderson will toss the mitts and if the argument is that drouin was better than our young center in a sophomore slump let's not pull any punches;

Jonathan drouin is a waste of space in both ends of the ice ( his hits that no one fears, notwithstanding).

He is our Skinner.

It ain't good.

I watch em all. I've criticized Drouin plenty.

(mod) People can disagree.

I thought Drouin had a better night than Suzuki.

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yeah i guess they still would of needed a franchise center to be considered the best core...Kovalchuk if i remember correctly could play center out of necessity but not his natural position....

Drafting Getzlaf instead of Kostitsyn could of went a long way in terms of solving that issue too. :)
That opens up the question as to whether or not Getzlaf would've been successful here. In Anaheim he had Perry. Does he become the player he became in Montreal? Who knows? We had terrible development for years so there's a good chance he never becomes the star he did.

Same thing whenever I hear somebody talk about Kopitar. Who the hell knows if that guy ever does anything if we'd drafted him. We might've just limited his minutes and played him on the wing like we did with Galchenyuk. Montreal has been a very conservatively coached team for decades now. We "coach" the creativity right out of our players.

Gjman2019

Dec 6, 2017
That opens up the question as to whether or not Getzlaf would've been successful here. In Anaheim he had Perry. Does he become the player he became in Montreal? Who knows? We had terrible development for years so there's a good chance he never becomes the star he did.

Same thing whenever I hear somebody talk about Kopitar. Who the hell knows if that guy ever does anything if we'd drafted him. We might've just limited his minutes and played him on the wing like we did with Galchenyuk. Montreal has been a very conservatively coached team for decades now. We "coach" the creativity right out of our players.

Halak in net instead of Price and Getzlaf and Kopitar up the middle could of happened......Pac and P.K. were late picks so there's no reason to think the Habs couldn't of still drafted them .......Maybe your concerns come true or maybe they develop just fine in Montreal like Pac and P.K....

We'll never truly know for sure how it all would of played out but still fun to think about......Always fun to think about those what could of been scenarios .......

ArtPeur

Have a Snickers
Mar 30, 2010

He is our Skinner.

It ain't good.

How does Skinner goes from 40 goals to 14.. to 1.

:help:

Reactions: 26Mats

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Excume me but that's not my excuses. I write excuses because I want to enlight that bs Bergevin said years ago. The excuses came back often. Everybody have excuses, posters have excuses to explain anything without mentioning the word. Let's not be hypocrits about the word "excuses" when it applies.
message not clear.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
I watch em all. I've criticized Drouin plenty.

(mod) People can disagree.

I thought Drouin had a better night than Suzuki.
I missed the first period. But one of the very few chances we created 5 v 5 was when Drouin was replaced with Toffoli he worked a give and go with Suzuki and moved the puck to a prime scoring position between the hash marks in the slot. Unfortunately he missed the corner he was gunning for and it was available. That line suddenly gained energy when Drouin was moved. I didn't think Suzuki played terrible at all after that or at least not any worse than anyone else in our forward group. Also it was his line that generated our only goal when Drouin wasn't there. So yeah I guess Drouin had a good game.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

He is our Skinner.

It ain't good.

Drouin's been playing well at both ends of the ice since Ducharme took over.

I'm not saying it's going to last. But I'm calling a spade a spade.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad