Post-Game Talk: Habs lose a snoozzzzerrrr

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Weber's embarrassing offensive play at the end just underscores the need for Norlinder to pan out.. puck skills are so important in those situations on the back end, and it's important to have more than blindly fire a missile at the net.

Norlinder and Caufield are two of the biggest pieces in our pool that need to pan out.

Three guys couldn't get up the ice to keep the zone play alive when we pulled Allen. It should be one the guy jumping on for the goaltender. It was lack of footspeed and not fatigue. Sure enough the puck was easily cleared where our Right D should have been positioned.

Reactions: Runner77

widowmaker

Jun 21, 2009
MB
It's crazy that Flame fans really think they're world beaters right now because they held on to a 1 goal lead vs a dead tired Habs team lolll it's so sad to watch really, they're desperate for positives. Anyways, I really hope Habs beat the brakes off of them on Saturday, give these delusional fans a nice cold shower of reality.
No different than any other fan base including ours would be lol

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Hmmm what do you think he'll ask in contract negotiations? He'll be 31 and coming out of an underwhelming contract from his pov. Not really arguing against it just wondering. That's the biggest fear I'd have with him, but I'd loooove to take him on.

35M for 5 and 42M for 7 shouldn't be too far off from what he can get. The market will rebound somewhat.

Reactions: abo9 and Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Anderson has to know when to refuse to dance. He wasn't trying to defend a team mate it was just stupid. Just like what Byron did was stupid when he engaged. Fortunately we are looking at a different end result...
This Time.

Ducharme was asked about Anderson taking on Quasimodo at the post game presser yesterday and he didn't appear to be overly concerned by it -- didn't give the impression that he was against Anderson engaging. However, who knows if he held a different discourse in the room or with Bergevin afterwards.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
The most funny things is why in the world would Montreal "show off" Mete for a trade? LD is a need. If he was good enough to attract trade attention we probably would not want to trade him lol.

There is really nothing to show off -- if other teams don't know what Mete is by now, they ought to fire their pro scouting staffs.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
He can work on his retirement plan if he so desires. :laugh: I've got some swampland in Florida with plenty of foliage for potted plants. :sarcasm:

Why stop there -- go for the gusto and sell off Mars real estate. Perseverance rover will even provide 180 degree views.

Reactions: Rapala

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The most funny things is why in the world would Montreal "show off" Mete for a trade? LD is a need. If he was good enough to attract trade attention we probably would not want to trade him lol.
This is the illogical that I read many times. Habs fans think other gms are stupid.

edit : habs fans think our gm is stupid so they think the others are stupid too, lol.

GlassesJacketShirt

Aug 4, 2010
Sherbrooke
Fair enough - as long as you're okay with terrible fan viewing as well...

Makes no sense whatsoever to me. But this is the bush league that publicly said it doesn't want to list mandatory suspensions for repeat offenders because then a star player may get suspended too long and that would be bad for business. So I just expect bad decisions by them.

I generally don't like back to backs, alas this was a reality before this season format so it is what it is. More so a problem of game quantity, the scheduling algorithm can't avoid this if the time frame and number of games are incongruent.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
I generally don't like back to backs, alas this was a reality before this season format so it is what it is. More so a problem of game quantity, the scheduling algorithm can't avoid this if the time frame and number of games are incongruent.

Yes they need to change the time frame or the number of games, one of the two.

FLHabs

Send all your underacheiving prospects!!
Feb 18, 2017
No different than any other fan base including ours would be lol
lol you may be right, but knowing how hard Habs fans are on the team, there would probably still be complaining on our end if the roles were reversed but the conditions stayed the same hehe

Reactions: angusyoung

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
There is really nothing to show off -- if other teams don't know what Mete is by now, they ought to fire their pro scouting staffs.

Perhaps they could use him strictly for lawn ornamentation? Gnomete?

images

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
That was as dull as a game since vintage Devils,so bad both teams trapped themselves:sarcasm:

Sutter already neutering Johnny hockey,he was invisible. Didn't expect Habs to compete much,but the Flames should have been more impressive. imo.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto
What if Chiarot wasn't the problem and it was his partner :laugh:

I'm sure Weber will rebound but that was a very unfortunate set of circumstances for Romanov to get his first game with Weber

FF de Mars

Mar 2, 2002
42 rue Fontaine
Maybe Ducharme should have called the Rockets to play the game instead! Seriously maybe he should have played as many rested AHLers as he could. The whole team was gased because of the schedule.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Maybe Ducharme should have called the Rockets to play the game instead! Seriously maybe he should have played as many rested AHLers as he could. The whole team was gased because of the schedule.
Is that explain why Leafs lost two times vs the Nucks a week ago? Jet lag fatigue?
On the other hand, westerners travel into east time and it's like if they play a game at 5pm.
In this jet lag problem Winnipeg team have some advantage.

Reactions: FF de Mars

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Is that explain why Leafs lost two times vs the Nucks a week ago? Jet lag fatigue?
On the other hand, westerners travel into east time and it's like if they play a game at 5pm.
In this jet lag problem Winnipeg team have some advantage.
guess you have your excuses ready.

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
It's crazy that Flame fans really think they're world beaters right now because they held on to a 1 goal lead vs a dead tired Habs team lolll it's so sad to watch really, they're desperate for positives. Anyways, I really hope Habs beat the brakes off of them on Saturday, give these delusional fans a nice cold shower of reality.

Do they? Or just the media? I’d give a good hockey fan the benefit of the doubt in assuming what you wrote.

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Some grades for last night.

Danault: B+
Kotkaniemi: B+
Petry: B+
Allen: B+
Edmundson: B
Gallagher: B
Drouin: C+
Romanov: C+
Mete: C+
Toffoli: C+
Weber: C
Armia: C
Tatar: C
Anderson: C
Suzuki: D
Kulak: D

no mention of scorey perry ?
and C+ for Drouin, is this graded on a curve ?

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad