Post-Game Talk: Habs lose a snoozzzzerrrr

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
Drouin's been playing well at both ends of the ice since Ducharme took over.

I'm not saying it's going to last. But I'm calling a spade a spade.
playing well how ? playing better and playing well are two fundamentally different things. since ducharme has been here, he's clearly been outplayed by scorey perry ( the old slow guy who we have on a sweethart contract). our scoring winger gets 1st line minutes, doesnt score and when he doesnt score he literally brings nothing else. AND he sucks defensively.

And if I had one wish, it would be for people to stop repeating the lie that jonathan drouin is anything but abysmal defensively. his idea of defense is to stand there with on hand on his stick and hope for the best. That's all he does.

angusyoung

Back in the day, I was always horny!
Aug 17, 2014
Heirendaar
How does Skinner goes from 40 goals to 14.. to 1.

:help:

47806467.jpg

original.gif

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
I expect more energy Saturday but similar results. Calgary will muck it up and we will be struggling to get two past Markstrom. I'm not going to kid myself he isn't starting. What we do against the Flames is critical starting Saturday and 5 times in April.
Actually this might be the most important game of the season. Habs lose in reg. They are f***ed.

Reactions: Rapala

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
playing well how ? playing better and playing well are two fundamentally different things. since ducharme has been here, he's clearly been outplayed by scorey perry ( the old slow guy who we have on a sweethart contract). our scoring winger gets 1st line minutes, doesnt score and when he doesnt score he literally brings nothing else. AND he sucks defensively.

And if I had one wish, it would be for people to stop repeating the lie that jonathan drouin is anything but abysmal defensively. his idea of defense is to stand there with on hand on his stick and hope for the best. That's all he does.

It's only been a few games, but yes he's been playing well. He's not a scorer so just looking at the goal column makes no sense.

Perry's been outplaying Suzuki as well. That doesn't make him better than Suzuki...

I have almost no faith whatsoever in Drouin turning things around. But I don't a crystal ball. And the reality is there's 0.0000001% chance he may. Since we can't move him, hopefully he does, or doesn't hurt us while he's. I don't he's hurt us in the last couple games and he has generated offense with his passing.

With Caufield coming up shortly, I'd be fine with him replacing Drouin in the top 9 instead of Tatar or Armia next year - if we could also upgrade Tatar and or Armia, all the better. But moving Drouin and replacing him with an unskilled player like Byron or Lehkonen in the top 9 Is unacceptable. Having Armia and Danault in the top 9 is already not good when you don't have elite players in the top 6.

Ideally you move Drouin, Byron, Lehkonen, Armia, and spend that 13.9M in cap space on two skilled top 9 wingers and two 700k 4th liners.

bsl

Oct 9, 2009
Paul Byron is awful. And small. And fast. But mostly awful these days. Awful at high speed is still awful it’s just faster. Smart penalty to take in the last couple of minutes TiPaul.

Weber looked even worse tonight than he has and he’s looked bad. Tonight was not a fun night for him or anyone who cheers for the CH.

Way to go Josh Anderson. That POS Lucic has been after you for a fight for awhile and you stood in there and held your own. Was praying you wouldn’t get Komisareked there and glad you came out of it okay.

Scorey Perry continues to be the net front presence that we’ve needed for awhile with all due respect to Mr Gallagher. Perry is just bigger and better with the hand eye coordination.
Anderson should not be fighting. DD better tell him that. But man I admire JA for doing it. I was terrified that Lucy would pull his shoulder out. I actually think Lucy went easy on him. No more fighting for Josh. My favorite habs player. Or maybe Perry. The rest of Habs not so much. They need a sniper. And a dangerous left D man. And a goal scoring center.

Reactions: Habs13

sandysan

Dec 7, 2011
With Caufield coming up shortly, I'd be fine with him replacing Drouin in the top 9 instead of Tatar or Armia next year - if we could also upgrade Tatar and or Armia, all the better. But moving Drouin and replacing him with an unskilled player like Byron or Lehkonen in the top 9 Is unacceptable. Having Armia and Danault in the top 9 is already not good when you don't have elite players in the top 6.

Ideally you move Drouin, Byron, Lehkonen, Armia, and spend that 13.9M in cap space on two skilled top 9 wingers and two 700k 4th liners.

this isnt juniors and this isnt halifax. the idea that we have to keep drouin because of his unrealized skill is idiotic. and top 9 is laughable, when then hell is drouin EVER going to play on the third line ? he's going to play on the 1st line no matter how much he sucks ( which IS the problem) because he does suck offensively and defensively.

being able to parasitize anderson ( who DOES bring other aspects when he is not scoring) is not a positive. move him down the lineup and what happens ? he gets worse and worse.

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
this isnt juniors and this isnt halifax. the idea that we have to keep drouin because of his unrealized skill is idiotic. and top 9 is laughable, when then hell is drouin EVER going to play on the third line ? he's going to play on the 1st line no matter how much he sucks ( which IS the problem) because he does suck offensively and defensively.

being able to parasitize anderson ( who DOES bring other aspects when he is not scoring) is not a positive. move him down the lineup and what happens ? he gets worse and worse.

I prefer Drouin to Lehkonen, Byron, and probably Armia - I'll continue to rank each according to what they do. As I said, though I would gladly take upgrades on all 4...

Drouin played at times last year with Armia and KK... Ducharme already put Drouin down to the 4th line for spurts against the Flames. I could easily see Drouin playing on the 3rd line under Ducharme, especially with Caufield coming in and thus Ducharme having more offensive options.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad