Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 8-2

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
I think you're right, but I doubt we have as hodge-podge a blueline as we do this year, not to mention a healthier lineup, a likely very high draft spot, returns for vets traded (we have several that have genuine value) and the young guys growing a year. |

I have a lot of optimism for next year. I don't think any new GM would let that D stay the same. We just lost so many key players, it's not like the team has no building blocks.

It's been a perfect storm of shit. And mind you, I'm not saying that this team should be making the playoffs and buying vets to do so. Just don't have an expansion-level season again. That is just terrible. Don't make your staff and players lose faith.

HabsAddict

Feb 27, 2002
Visit site
I'm looking forward for years and years of this wonderful hockey experience. It feels so good to be a rug that every team in the NHL can wipe it's boots.

Oh that's right, we are going to draft Crosby and McDavid for sure. No doubt. I confirmed it with the sacrificial egg yolks that looked like Baby Jesus....:help:

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
This guy just realized that more powerful detergents are needed.

6230o6.jpg

WG

Sep 9, 2008
No....don't worry, it won't be like that for the next 41 games....it's going to get much worst when we start dropping a bunch of vet at TDL.
From the better effort shown when the team was playing anybody they had left on the Florida trip, I don't know that we'll notice a dropoff after offloading Chiarot, Paquette, Kulak et al.

Reactions: ArtPeur

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I 100% get what you mean from an organizational perspective but I don't think any player - no matter their age - thinks that way. I don't think the individual thinks about direction after such a game. We were 8-25-8 or something. This is purely negative. I trust that this won't affect the long-term culture of the club (it's one game) but there's nothing positive to take out of this. This sucks for everybody involved.

Ive obviously never been to the NHL, but I had an experience playing on a team many years back in my youth where we had a team that consisted of nothing but first year kids with only 2 seniors. We lost a lot that season but the year after we walked all over the league. A lot of that had to do with us being purposely put together to grow as a team. The philosophy is used at all levels. The problem with this team right now isn’t that that they’re losing, it’s how they’re losing. There’s to much deadweight and the locker room is a complete wreck. The kids aren’t learning anything from that environment.

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
I hope Hughes started firing the telephone up after that disgrace.

Find Ducharme’s replacement (for next year) , add a tough guy or two and trade away as much of the dead wood as you can.

I don’t like losing, but as long as they’re trying I won’t complain. But nobody sticking up for anyone and this going through the motions from veterans is trickling down into the young players and needs to end immediately.
I have been saying for a while exactly what you suggested with getting a lot tougher. If we are going to lose, at least make interesting.
Bring Baddock up, go get Ross Johnston in NYI and with Edmundson coming back, we are ready for war.

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Ive obviously never been to the NHL, but I had an experience playing on a team many years back in my youth where we had a team that consisted of nothing but first year kids with only 2 seniors. We lost a lot that season but the year after we walked all over the league. A lot of that had to do with us being purposely put together to grow as a team. The philosophy is used at all levels. The problem with this team right now isn’t that that they’re losing, it’s how they’re losing. There’s to much deadweight and the locker room is a complete wreck. The kids aren’t learning anything from that environment.

I can rock with that. That's why I hate scorched earth. These teams are just bound to hate playing. No one wants to start in that. Even the 2005 Pens actively tried to not do that for Crosby. They sucked balls but started the season with Recchi, Lemieux, Leclair, Gonchar, Palffy etc.

Reactions: nhlfan9191

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Just a reminder to fellow, frustrated fans. We’re not this bad. Lots of things conspired for this to happen. It needed to happen with a myopic GM who needed to be fired for his myopic views and love for broken vets. This can be turned around. The D needs lots of work, but some of these guys aren’t as bad as they look and I wouldn’t be too quick to move all of them. Fortunately our best prospects are on D

BozoTheClown

Jul 10, 2021
...That's a really random assortment of season.
And LOL at 20-21, WTF, there wasn't even 30 games that season.
I forgot about our last Stanley Cup year.
Can’t believe the Islander’s beat Pittsburgh.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad