Post-Game Talk: Habs lose 4-3 in a SO

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
How in the world are we 12th from the bottom with only 5 regulation wins???? yes, yes, I know, loser points, but still...we should be rock bottom....

(on a side note, how are the Leafs in 9th from the top, with only 8 regulation wins???)

Last edited:

vokiel

#MolsonIsntWine
Jan 31, 2007
Montréal
How in the world are we 12th from the bottom with only 5 regulation wins???? yes, yes, I know, loser points, but still...we should be rock bottom....

(on a side note, how are the Leafs in 9th from the top, with only 8 regulation points???)
A couple of teams have lots of games to play to get to 28. That said the team is playing better than a lot of them out there. That's the difference maker. Anaheim is 1 - 9 - 0 in their L10, so that doesn't help Habs reaching rock bottom of course.

LaP

Jun 27, 2012
Quebec City, Canada

(on a side note, how are the Leafs in 9th from the top, with only 8 regulation points???)

The Laffs also have only 6 regulation losses which is 3rd in the league behind Vegas and Boston both at 5. They have been losing and winning in OT a lot. Their OT record is 7-5 and their regulation record 8-6.

Reactions: Runner77

morhilane

Feb 28, 2021

Columbus, San Jose, Chicago and Anaheim all finished lower than the Habs last year and it wasn't because of injuries.

Seattle overachieved last season.

Calgary and Minnesota have/had locker/coach issues (Minni fired their coach a few weeks ago).
In St-Louis, Berube might have reached his shelve life, it's like his 5th season as HC there (edit: I didn't saw the news that he was fired Tuesday night :laugh:). They should pass the Habs thought.

Ottawa only played 23 games, they should pass the Habs once they catch up.
Buffalo never learned to win and need a vet goalie and are only one point back the Habs. Should pass in the 2nd half of the season.

Habs will finish in the 5-10 range where they belong.

Last edited:

pepperMonkey

Aug 2, 2005
Toronto
A couple of teams have lots of games to play to get to 28. That said the team is playing better than a lot of them out there. That's the difference maker. Anaheim is 1 - 9 - 0 in their L10, so that doesn't help Habs reaching rock bottom of course.

The Laffs also have only 6 regulation losses which is 3rd in the league behind Vegas and Boston both at 5. They have been losing and winning in OT a lot. Their OT record is 7-5 and their regulation record 8-6.

Columbus, San Jose, Chicago and Anaheim all finished lower than the Habs last year and it wasn't because of injuries.

Seattle overachieved last season.

Calgary and Minnesota have/had locker/coach issues (Minni fired their coach a few weeks ago).
In St-Louis, Berube might have reached his shelve life, it's like his 5th season as HC there. They should pass the Habs thought.

Ottawa only played 23 games, they should pass the Habs once they catch up.
Buffalo never learned to win and need a vet goalie and are only one point back the Habs. Should pass in the 2nd half of the season.

Habs will finish in the 5-10 range where they belong.
Lol, sorry, I wasn't really asking a question. I was merely frustrated at how badly we have played during regulation and yet we are in the middle of the pack standings-wise. If we are going to suck so badly in regulation (worst in the league) then I would much rather be at the bottom than the middle.

Thanks for the Leafs info @LaP Never noticed how much they played in OT. Honestly, if they get comfy playing in overtime, they may be a little tougher during playoffs (not crumble under pressure). Not as if that matters to us as we won't meet them in the playoffs any time soon.

JianYang

Sep 29, 2017
Lol, sorry, I wasn't really asking a question. I was merely frustrated at how badly we have played during regulation and yet we are in the middle of the pack standings-wise. If we are going to suck so badly in regulation (worst in the league) then I would much rather be at the bottom than the middle.

Thanks for the Leafs info @LaP Never noticed how much they played in OT. Honestly, if they get comfy playing in overtime, they may be a little tougher during playoffs (not crumble under pressure). Not as if that matters to us as we won't meet them in the playoffs any time soon.

There's no 3 on 3 in overtime. It doesn't translate well to the playoffs.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad