habs lose 3-2 in s/o...it's OK, Gallagher is still GOAT

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
Sincerely,

it's the first time in years where I am that much uninterested by the habs. Therrien and Desharnais just remove every fun I have watching the games.

I grew up in the dark years of the habs, the Traverse era. I had more fun watching them at that time than right now.

Therrien is a terrible coach and motivator. He drains all talent from players by cornering them if they make a mistake. How in the world can you develop a kid properly if you slap him at the first mistake?

But here you go DD, Make 6 turnovers a game, lose the puck every single time, shy away from physical, glide back to the D zone. HEY! Here's your top PP minutes and Best winger!

Tinordi played an awesome game yesterday, fought, got an underserved 2 min and sit on the bench you bum!

You preferred the dark years? Cmon, the team is winning and with players like Price, Subban, Pacioretty and Galchenyuk, this team is fun to watch. I would only rank 2008 in recent years as a more entertaining team.

Last edited by a moderator:

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
You preferred the dark years? Cmon, the team is winning and with players like Price, Subban, Pacioretty and Galchenyuk, this team is fun to watch. I would only rank 2008 in recent years as a more entertaining team.

don't argu, people will never be happy with anything ever...

The hockey we're getting right now, even if people hate DD and MT, is LIGHTYEARS ahead of the 90s and 00s Canadiens

and you don't even have to go that far back, just a couple of years ago Jacques "protect the 0 goal lead" Martin was our coach. I'm 25 and that 2011-2012 season was the worst thing i've ever watched

HabsDieHard*

God, an actually offensively talented team with the strong defensive structure Martin had?

This team would be formidable.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
We're still in a transition year. You don't have that 1st RW. You still don't have that 1st C. However, you do have that franchise goalie who can cover up everything. Anyways, you're allowed to have your opinions and that's the greatest part of this forum. Everybody watches the game. Everybody has their own perspective. We can all share it here and that's the beauty of it :)

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
Look, Therrien sucks but this team is winning. Don't you enjoy that? Or you prefer the coach playing your favorites?

Why are those two things mutually exclusive in your mind?

This team can not only win, but likely perform better within a meritocracy. Better players earn more ice time.

It's a bit late in the season to be continuing with Therrien's blender approach to deploying lines. So, if we must suffer through DD as top line centre, so be it. Just let's have some intelligent structuring of the other lines and generate chemistry and consistency.

And for god's sake, so something about the PP. Every player out there has to have a good shot and be able to use it. Work the damn puck around and get some shots from the slot and the circles. And no more idiotic wall to wall passes through the middle.

This team is starting to get some injuries and it's looking like a slump of some kind is imminent. Carey needs some emergency goal support, or this season will not end well.

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval

Didnt say I prefered them. I just dont like the way we play this year, I don't like our coach.

Did you heard what Therrien said? That's minor hockey coaching right there. You dont say that to your players when you are first in the east. You suck it up and work on it privately. I hate this coach, he's ruining players confidence. Good thing Subban doesnt give a **** about what he said about him.

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
Pretty funny thread.

Had Markov or Gally scored, most of the anger here would not exist...

or would have dried up fast.

Shootouts are crapshoots, as even the bad teams have a few players that are good at them.

All that matters now is the PO's in April.

... And perhaps a Hart or Vezina or Jennings for Price.

Kachino

@kachino82
Feb 16, 2008
Montreal
Pretty funny thread.

Shootouts are crapshoots, as even the bad teams have a few players that are good at them.

The anger exist! It just changes form depending on the outcome. Stays dormant or manifests itself ;) but does exist.

digmor crusher

Jul 11, 2009
Pretty funny thread.

Exactly, why get mad about who shoots in a shootout, if Markov and Subban had scored many would be calling it a great decision. Did you think we'd go 82-0?

Does anyone just watch hockey for the enjoyment of watching a game anymore? It seems like most people on here only watch to find something they can whine about on here later.

Relax people, if the habs go 82-0 or 0-82, not going to affect my personal life in any way, so why get worked up about it? Its beginning to resemble a lunatic asylum in here lately.

Ohashi_Jouzu*

Apr 2, 2007
Halifax
Exactly, why get mad about who shoots in a shootout, if Markov and Subban had scored many would be calling it a great decision. Did you think we'd go 82-0?

Does anyone just watch hockey for the enjoyment of watching a game anymore? It seems like most people on here only watch to find something they can whine about on here later.

Relax people, if the habs go 82-0 or 0-82, not going to affect my personal life in any way, so why get worked up about it? Its beginning to resemble a lunatic asylum in here lately.

Here's the thing. Teams/coaches/GMs lament all the time about games/points that "got away" against "lesser teams". It's obviously a big deal - sometimes bigger than others depending on where you finish in the standings at the end. The passive fans who are content with the occasional positive update now and again shouldn't feel so free to deride closer fans of the game/team that are in tune with that level of reality. Losses to Chicago/Vancouver/Tampa/Pittsburgh, etc aren't the same as losses to Florida/Ottawa/Buffalo/Edmonton, etc., and coming up with a few "unexpected" wins against "real" top teams does not fully "balance" points tossed away against basement dwellers.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Originally Posted by Kenny Powders
Sincerely,

it's the first time in years where I am that much uninterested by the habs. Therrien and Desharnais just remove every fun I have watching the games.

Hopefully the Hand of God will not yet again reach out of the heavens and strike me down ... I have sinned, I am culpable of quoting an existing post.

I'm not worthy, I'm not worthy.

VBooking so much safer an activity. :sarcasm:

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
so the only one talking about MT's disgusting comment is Marinaro...

Journalists are gutless ******
The Habs have basically put the word out... don't rock the boat or else. That seems to be the culture now. If you ask a tough question, you're going to lose access to the team.
We're still in a transition year.
No we're not. Every team has transitions but this is a good roster.
Pretty funny thread.

Actually, it would've been pretty quiet in here if MT hadn't of opened his trap. We played well for the most part last night. It's okay to lose once in a while when you play well, part of the game. Not picking Eller probably wasn't the best idea but oh well, it wouldn't have been a big deal - except MT made it into one.

MT's comments were just so stupid. He deserves the ripping he's gotten and I can't wait until we fire this guy's ass.

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
Pretty funny thread.

I saw the alleged "thrown under the bus" incident from MT in the post-game presser. It was a few words and 3 seconds out of the entire presser. If you coughed, you'd miss it. Holy overreactions Batman! Given what transpired here after the game last night I eagerly tuned into Sportcenter on TSN to hear about the great rift between MT and Eller. And, shockingly, nothing. Very disappointed. And, shockingly, every media outlet I've visited today hasn't said a peep about it. It's another HFboards Anti-Therrien invention.

I'd say this is the biggest nonissue around here in the history of nonissues surrounding MT, except, laughably, there have been bigger ones. Remember the "it's Therrien's fault Price injured himself after practicing following the Olympics" issue. Haha... Well, it's at least entertaining when it becomes this bizarre.

Last edited:

HabsDieHard*

If you don't think there's something wrong with a boss belittling 2 of his employees in a public forum like that I can only presume you've never had to interact with a bad boss in your life...

So downplay it all you'd like, it was a petty and cowardly remark by Therrien.

And it says a whole lot about the "character" he has when his back is up against the wall.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
I saw the alleged "thrown under the bus" incident from MT in the post-game presser. It was a few words and 3 seconds out of the entire presser. If you coughed, you'd miss it. Holy overreactions Batman! Given what transpired here after the game last night I eagerly tuned into Sportcenter on TSN to hear about the great rift between MT and Eller. And, shockingly, nothing. Very disappointed. And, shockingly, every media outlet I've visited today hasn't said a peep about it. It's another HFboards Anti-Therrien invention.

I'd say this is the biggest nonissue around here in the history of nonissues surrounding MT, except, laughably, there have been bigger ones. Remember the "it's Therrien's fault Price injured himself after practicing following the Olympics" issue. Haha... Well, it's at least entertaining when it becomes this bizarre.

...so degrading his offensively struggling 3rd line centre and his offensively struggling 3rd line LW rookie to the press is OK to you??...think it'll help??...I'm starting to think you're related to Therrien, I really am...:shakehead

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

Okay so your analysis of the event is based on the number of seconds it took for Therrien to talk about it? Like, if a journalists ask Therrien what he thought about Eller, and Therrien's answer is "That coward sucks and can't play hockey", that could take around 3 seconds to say, it wouldn't be a big deal too?

And you are using the fact that media outlet isn't talking about it to say that it wasn't that big of a deal? You mean the same media that is mostly asking Therrien day in day out, what he thinks of the sun today or if he loves Carey Price's dogs...just to be sure that he wouldn't be angry with them? Having said that.....Antichambre talked about it, TSN690 talked about it, Radio 9 talked about it, pretty much everywhere on Twitter.....I guess we don't share the same media outlet....True that Musique Plus didn't talk about it....

1 year ago, Michel Therrien says that he sent Desharnais because he hasn't scored in 20 games and wanted to give him a spark. Yesterday, Therrien said that he didn't send those 2 guys 'cause they haven't scored in 2 months (also forgetting Eller's goal at the same time). Yeah, there's nothing to do it, just proving he's Mr. Double standards and that he doesn't hesitate to crush some youngsters confidence when he feels like it.

Nashy

Living on Fish Island
Feb 2, 2006
Toronto
Trying to understand Therrien's coaching from a player's perspective must be like trying to play handball against a curtain.

I play well, I get benched.

Someone else plays like garbage, they get rewarded.

Some player gets chance after chance, I get thrown under the bus.

No 2nd centerman on an important icing faceoff....results in a goal.

Defenceman taking shootouts.

Lines that my grandmother wouldn't make.

Yeah, it's NO EXCUSES....until Therrien has to defend some of these stupid decisions.

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal

Welcome to the internet forum aka discussion board where people can discuss, whine, cry, vent and celebrate.
People whining about whiners is equally a whiner in itself :laugh:

And to answer your question, he simply didn't use the right personal possible to win the shootout. Simple as that.
I would have use Sekac and Eller before Gallagher, Plekanec, Subban and Markov.

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal

You're wrong. On the "Le 5 a 7" today on RDS, Chantal mentioned that his comments from yesterday's game concerning Sekac and Eller raised alot of critics and concerned in the online media/social network world.

Tuning on SportsCenter and TSN trying to find for something that MT said in his post game interview is the wrong way to go.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Funny how shootouts can severely affect the perception of the game. A loss magnifies the bad and a win completely obfuscates them. Thankfully, I've come to the realization that the game is still ultimately a TIE and that means neither team actually defeated the other when the actual game was being played.

With that said, the shootout is a skills competition and if you want to win. You play the percentages. Sending out Pleks is not playing the percentages. Nor is Gallagher and his stone hands.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native

Most sentences are a few words. I think you can see six words in "most sentences are a few words."

Sometimes, even one word can be enough to set fire to people's minds. Racist terms are just one example. Names of dictators are others.

This appears to be another logical fallacy. A statement has no meaning because of the word count in said statement. Ha, basic logic starts with simply statements like "Pigs can fly". Only 3 words, but a lot of meaning.

Your pro-Therrien defenses are clearly irrational.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
Funny how shootouts can severely affect the perception of the game. A loss magnifies the bad and a win completely obfuscates them. Thankfully, I've come to the realization that the game is still ultimately a TIE and that means neither team actually defeated the other when the actual game was being played.

With that said, the shootout is a skills competition and if you want to win. You play the percentages. Sending out Pleks is not playing the percentages. Nor is Gallagher and his stone hands.

I can excuse Gallagher because he had 2 goals tonight, even if they were the garbage goal variety. Plekanec and Markov are fine players but before Eller had me confused.

Raimu

That weird Dragon girl
Jan 21, 2006
Halifax, NS
We went into a shootout without Parenteau or Galchenyuk and we lost... not overly surprising when #2 and 3 on our SO depth chart are not playing that we lost.

dmanfish90

How about 76 for 25?
Jan 5, 2011
Newmarket, Ontario
why wouldnt he give dd minutes ?dd creates plays that result in goals.hate to break it ya but when u produce u get minutes.why would the coach give minutes to players who dont produce?

Lol DD produces?

Dale Weise produces more at 5on5 than David Desharnais: http://stats.hockeyanalysis.com/rat...ters&minutes=500&disp=1&sort=PCT&sortdir=DESC

Also,

David Desharnais: 8 PP/135:48 PPTOI = 1.18 PPP/20 PPTOI
Alex Galchenyuk: 9 PP/ 125:23 PPTOI = 1.43 PPP/20 PPTOI
Brendan Gallagher: 5 PP/ 138:31 PPTOI = 0.72 PPP/20 PPTOI
Lars Eller: 2 PP/ 22:07 PPTOI = 1.81 PPP/20 PPTOI
Jiri Sekac: 3 PP/31:44 PPTOI = 1.89 PPP/20 PPTOI

But yeah you're right, DD is a PRODUCER!

On another note, Conor Mckena and his mafia (aka Berkshire) insulting a fan on Twitter because he doesn't like Eller.

Some people take sports way too seriously and its unprofessional behaviour by Mckena considering he works for TSN.

Actually if you read the conversation thoroughly, you'll read that it wasn't because he doesn't like eller...

https://twitter.com/mckennaconor/status/568628456734502912

Sorry for all the tweets but what you said M4C was not the full story.

QebuMdS.gif

LOL I keep laughing at this one. It's actually too funny for me not to lol.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad