habs lose 3-2 in s/o...it's OK, Gallagher is still GOAT

Strat

Nov 24, 2011
Toronto
That was a disappointing loss.

In fact, the last *5* losses have been against teams that won't be in the Playoffs ; Oilers, Senators, Panthers, Sabres, and Coyotes. That is disgusting. It's crazy to think that this team cannot feel motivated to play against inherently weaker opponents. These 5 losses could have translated into 10 additional points... which the team just pissed away.

Meanwhile, Plekanec played his worst game of the season. I love that player but it'd be insane to admit otherwise. He stunk, out there. Eller was not much better. Sekac played quite well and I loved his backcheck.

The shootout selection was bizarre, to say the least. Subban and Markov should not have been there at all. The result was that most players ended up shooting at Luongo's crest which isn't a recipe for success.

It's not secret that this team has been heavily relying on Price and defensive play with quick transition for a while now. Unfortunately, I can't see the Habs as being a major thread in the Playoffs with those ingredients. Bergevin needs to upgrade to a top-6 winger and a 2nd-pairing D-man. Those might be pipe dreams as he doesn't seem to want to sacrifice anything but draft picks.

Just needed to vent...

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Funny how Sekac looked like the guy a dozen teams coveted last summer playing with Plekanec. Different player tonight. Of course all it took was Galchenyuk getting the flu and Weise being moved down the lineup where he belongs, but hey, even MT eventually reaches the obvious too.

Don't think it had anything to do with Plekanec...Plekanec was brutal last night.

Sekac did what he failed to do for the last 2 months and that was to be aggressive and get pucks on net. He wasn't just satisfied with staying on he perimeter and passing pucks back to the D.

Great game from Sekac, he needed that.

Simerc

Feb 12, 2012
It doesn't seem to me from the post-game presser that MT was unhappy with Tinordi's penalty and hence had no reason to "bench" him. Are we sure that Tinordi didn't hurt himself in the fight - thus causing his limited ice time thereafter?

People who think MB will/should fire MT are crazy, btw. Not a snowball's chance in hell that's gonna happen.

I remember him looking quite shaken on the bench after he left the box.

CupInSIX

My cap runneth over
Jul 1, 2012
Alphaville
This is a completely different team with Tinordi in the lineup. I'm sure he won't be lining people up every game with a big hit, but the kid is a beast.

Having said that, he needs to go a few games just playing it safe and he'll secure himself a spot.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
I didn't mind the outcome. Habs get a point, and Florida gets two to come closer to edging the Bruins out of that last wildcard spot.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I didn't mind the outcome. Habs get a point, and Florida gets two to come closer to edging the Bruins out of that last wildcard spot.

Same here. I just didn't like the process where they completely dominated that game but had mental lapses that resulted in the loss.

Would much have preferred to see an even back and forth game resulting in a SO loss. Florida doens't really give me much hope for edging out Boston, but here's to hoping.

Account Terminated

Sep 12, 2009
Same here. I just didn't like the process where they completely dominated that game but had mental lapses that resulted in the loss.

Would much have preferred to see an even back and forth game resulting in a SO loss. Florida doens't really give me much hope for edging out Boston, but here's to hoping.

If Luongo plays like last night, all the way down to the wire, Florida has a good chance of making it.

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010

They're going to need to get through those games, because relying on the opposite (as they have all season) isn't a formula for success in the playoffs.

Kenny Powders

Apr 6, 2005
Laval
Sincerely,

it's the first time in years where I am that much uninterested by the habs. Therrien and Desharnais just remove every fun I have watching the games.

I grew up in the dark years of the habs, the Traverse era. I had more fun watching them at that time than right now.

Therrien is a terrible coach and motivator. He drains all talent from players by cornering them if they make a mistake. How in the world can you develop a kid properly if you slap him at the first mistake?

But here you go DD, Make 6 turnovers a game, lose the puck every single time, shy away from physical, glide back to the D zone. HEY! Here's your top PP minutes and Best winger!

Tinordi played an awesome game yesterday, fought, got an underserved 2 min and sit on the bench you bum!

Last edited by a moderator:

VAN-HAB

Vancouver Habitant
Sep 3, 2003
West Kelowna
Sincerely,

it's the first time in years where I am that much uninterested by the habs. Therrien and Desharnais just remove every fun I have watching the games.

I grew up in the dark years of the habs, the Traverse era. I had more fun watching them at that time than right now.

Therrien is a terrible coach and motivator. He drains all talent from players by cornering them if they make a mistake. How in the world can you develop a kid properly if you slap him at the first mistake?

But here you go DD, Make 6 turnovers a game, lose the puck every single time, shy away from physical, glide back to the D zone. HEY! Here's your top PP minutes and Best winger!

Tinordi played an awesome game yesterday, fought, got an underserved 2 min and sit on the bench you bum!

excellent post, this is exactly how most of us feel

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
That was a disappointing loss.

In fact, the last *5* losses have been against teams that won't be in the Playoffs ; Oilers, Senators, Panthers, Sabres, and Coyotes. That is disgusting. It's crazy to think that this team cannot feel motivated to play against inherently weaker opponents. These 5 losses could have translated into 10 additional points... which the team just pissed away.

Meanwhile, Plekanec played his worst game of the season. I love that player but it'd be insane to admit otherwise. He stunk, out there. Eller was not much better. Sekac played quite well and I loved his backcheck.

The shootout selection was bizarre, to say the least. Subban and Markov should not have been there at all. The result was that most players ended up shooting at Luongo's crest which isn't a recipe for success.

It's not secret that this team has been heavily relying on Price and defensive play with quick transition for a while now. Unfortunately, I can't see the Habs as being a major thread in the Playoffs with those ingredients. Bergevin needs to upgrade to a top-6 winger and a 2nd-pairing D-man. Those might be pipe dreams as he doesn't seem to want to sacrifice anything but draft picks.

Just needed to vent...

The lost points against these teams in what was perceived an easy part of the Habs schedule will end up costing the Habs. The Habs start their March schedule on a 7 out of 9 on the road against some very tough teams. We'll really see where the Habs are after that stretch.

Marinaro calling out MT for using double standards this morning. I know some don't like Tony but at least he doesn't tiptoe around subjects regarding MT and tells it like it is.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Marinaro brought up what I thought was a good point. He brought up that MT said he didn't use Eller and Sekac in the SO because neither player has scored for 2 months so why did he have both of them out there together in OT? Was he not trying for a goal when he sent both out there together in OT or were they out there to protect the score to get to the shootout.

Haaabs

Jul 16, 2010
Montreal
This is a completely different team with Tinordi in the lineup. I'm sure he won't be lining people up every game with a big hit, but the kid is a beast.

Having said that, he needs to go a few games just playing it safe and he'll secure himself a spot.

MT scratching Tinordi on saturday would be par for the course for what he does with rookies.

All these journalists talking about how good he is with rookiesas he showed in Pittsburgh, Malkin and Crosby could have been coached by a rock instead and they might have ended up better players.

TRG

Oct 23, 2008
Montréal
Sincerely,

Look, Therrien sucks but this team is winning. Don't you enjoy that? Or you prefer the coach playing your favorites?

HabsDieHard*

Marinaro brought up what I thought was a good point. He brought up that MT said he didn't use Eller and Sekac in the SO because neither player has scored for 2 months so why did he have both of them out there together in OT? Was he not trying for a goal when he sent both out there together in OT or were they out there to protect the score to get to the shootout.

Therrien isn't worried about the logic when he makes embarrassing remarks like that.

All he cares about is finding a way to blame someone other than himself.

HabsDieHard*

Nope, I think most of us actually enjoy watching the team win.

And fans like you will be the same ones shocked when the Habs get spanked in round 1, despite their being 100+ games of evidence indicating that Therrien is doing an awful job coaching the team.

Prices out of this world play, and a lucky string of health have put this team where it's been.

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
And fans like you will be the same ones shocked when the Habs get spanked in round 1, despite their being 100+ games of evidence indicating that Therrien is doing an awful job coaching the team.

Prices out of this world play, and a lucky string of health have put this team where it's been.

we made it to the conference final LAST SEASON, what are you basing your round 1 prediction on?

HabsDieHard*

we made it to the conference final LAST SEASON, what are you basing your round 1 prediction on?

The way I see this team play every night out and the awkwardly one sided coaching match ups which favour every other single team in the league.

Last year was last year. They faced a sub nHL goalie in round 1, a team in Boston who they have played well against going all the way back to 2011, and then looked over matched against the Rangers.

I'm focusing on the now, you can celebrate the 3rd round showing the Habs had though.

I'm pretty sure it's all you'll have to celebrate after this years playoffs too, when the Habs go out early.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
On another note, Conor Mckena and his mafia (aka Berkshire) insulting a fan on Twitter because he doesn't like Eller.

Some people take sports way too seriously and its unprofessional behaviour by Mckena considering he works for TSN.

McKenna is a champ of ad-libbing. He can literally fill an hour of air time saying nothing, but he has that radio voice that is somehow compelling enough to keep you listening.

Insulting a fan on twitter? I'm impressed. He's actually capable of producing content. Who knew. :sarcasm:

Tabarouette

ben kin
Jan 28, 2013
mtl
The way I see this team play every night out and the awkwardly one sided coaching match ups which favour every other single team in the league.

Last year was last year. They faced a sub nHL goalie in round 1, a team in Boston who they have played well against going all the way back to 2011, and then looked over matched against the Rangers.

I'm focusing on the now, you can celebrate the 3rd round showing the Habs had though.

I'm pretty sure it's all you'll have to celebrate after this years playoffs too, when the Habs go out early.

so you're saying :

last season was a fluke
round 1 was a fluke
round 2 was a fluke
round 3 was a fluke (and you're ignoring the fact that Kreider ran the best goalie in the world in game 1)
this season is a fluke

that's a whole lot of fluke and presumption

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad