habs lose 3-2 in s/o...it's OK, Gallagher is still GOAT

void

Jan 5, 2006
Conor McKenna is such an unprofessional *********. Gross.

"like you and I. You've got it, I don't. Amazing you're even able to converse with a person of my intellect." What the ****?

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
You preferred the dark years? Cmon, the team is winning and with players like Price, Subban, Pacioretty and Galchenyuk, this team is fun to watch. I would only rank 2008 in recent years as a more entertaining team.

This team is boring...
They should be fun to watch.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
There is no excuse for what Therrien said about Lars and Sekac after the game. I can understand sending Sekac to the press box for a couple of games considering he's a rookie and he wants him to cut back on the turnovers, but putting him down in public because a reporter second guessed him? Come on...

A year ago when Desharnais had 1 point in 20 ****ing games, Michel sent him out in a shootout vs Columbus. After the game, he tells the press that sometimes you need to do all u can to get a player out of a rut and to give him confidence. Why the **** does Davie deserve that respect but Lars and Jiri can go suck it? Considering everyone knows Lars has a rather fragile self esteem, you'd think the coach would be encouraging him rather than bullying him. Why, in a game where Lars and Sekac were significantly better than every other forward on the ice, would Michel voluntarily go out of his way to piss on them, yet when Subban scores on a slapshot, Michel goes out of his way to praise a 5'5 midget for screening a 6'4+ goaltender despite standing a good 3 feet to the goaltenders left? Michel is an absolute clown.

Michel Therrien is not a coach that can get the most out of his players. He's not a coach that puts his best players in a position to succeed. He's still a bully of a coach that refuses to keep up with the times. He puts on a facade in from of the press and acts like a changed man, but he's the same coach who got fired in Pittsburgh for employing a God awful system and for losing the room. If not for his mother tongue, Michel would still be unemployed and likely wouldn't ever find a job in the NHL after his embarrassing stint in Pittsburgh.

PS: talk to me about the record all you want... If you truly believe the record is a product of Michel's magical coaching and not due to #31's historic numbers and Max / PK being in the prime of their careers, then I don't know what to tell you.

Bloumeister

Meister Mojo Rising
Apr 30, 2010
Planet Of Sound
twitter.com
Hey, it's the 'Therrien throws Eller under the bus' thread again :D

X88koAl.jpg

Nicko999

Jan 23, 2008
Montreal
This team is boring...
They should be fun to watch.

Well, their job is to win hockey games. They haven't been that boring to be honest, the third period always provides good entertainment.:) It's just people have unrealistic expectations of our roster and because of that they put everything on the coach (that being said, his comments on Eller and Sekac were stupid) . We are a below average team offensively with average or slightly above average defense and obviously elite goaltending.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Well, their job is to win hockey games. They haven't been that boring to be honest, the third period always provides good entertainment.:) It's just people have unrealistic expectations of our roster and because of that they put everything on the coach (that being said, his comments on Eller and Sekac were stupid) . We are a below average team offensively with average or slightly above average defense and obviously elite goaltending.

JM's teams were often more exciting. :help:
We discussed this long and hard last year.
Montreal is fun to watch when they press (5 man units) constant motion and interchangeability.
The strike shortened season was fun because of this.
The more time coach has to impliment his style and leave his mark the less i enjoy this team.

The most fun i had watching games this year were the beginning of the season on the road with no practice and no system. The team won on guts and determination.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
Sorry for all the tweets but what you said M4C was not the full story.
Conor McKenna, you pompous ass.

He thinks he has immunity just cause he's befriended the likes of Andrew Berkshire and has a lame radio gig as a replacement stooge on 690.

He's only a TSN employee by default -- how quickly he forgets that he was on the verge of losing his job as the station barely made it by the skin of its teeth.

McKenna, having a smooth radio voice doesn't make you particularly intelligent or engaging. Lay off the twitter bravado or else, the same audience that is ensuring you have a job, will turn on a dime. Too bad you don't realize how tenuous an English language radio job is in a predominantly non-English province. That you think you can liberally defecate on people using the little influence and street cred you think you have, says a lot about the twisted reality you live in. Give it up already. Both you and your twitter account, you self-aggrandized twit.

Habs_Apostle

Feb 22, 2004
You're wrong. On the "Le 5 a 7" today on RDS, Chantal mentioned that his comments from yesterday's game concerning Sekac and Eller raised alot of critics and concerned in the online media/social network world.

Tuning on SportsCenter and TSN trying to find for something that MT said in his post game interview is the wrong way to go.

Oh well (waves hands around frantically), if it was on Le 5 a 7 Today and Chantal "mentioned" it stop the friggen presses! Newsflash, most of the hockey world doesn't know what the frick Le 5 a 7 Today is and wouldn't know this Chantal dude from a baboon's butt. Posters were carrying on last night like it was another Roy incident. Trust me, if you were alive for that, you would know it went beyond Monsieur Chantal "mentioning" it on Le Completely Irrelevant Television Program. And maybe in your little social media bubble (consisting of HF posters and their bosom buddies across twitter and Facebook) this was a big deal, but across the rest of the hockey world and every other major media outlet that covers hockey this was about as significant as my dog lifting his leg to take a pee. Now that is something I’m not wrong about and that you’re just going to have to live with.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia
Florida is not a team I want to meet in first round of playoffs. They have a coach who knows us inside/out, a goalie who can win a series singlehandly, a GM who built good playoff teams before, and have nothing to lose. They weren't even suppose to be in playoffs this year. Much rather face Boston or Detroit.

Perrah

Jul 2, 2009

OK, let’s look at this…

Someone asked him, “Why didn’t you use Sekac or Eller in the shootout?†Therrien responded with something like, “They haven’t scored in two months and I didn’t think they’d have the ability to score here.â€

Funny how that logic applies to some but not the others. How many times do you see someone get a shot in the shootout because they had a good game like Sekac did.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
Florida is not a team I want to meet in first round of playoffs. They have a coach who knows us inside/out, a goalie who can win a series singlehandly, a GM who built good playoff teams before, and have nothing to lose. They weren't even suppose to be in playoffs this year. Much rather face Boston or Detroit.

Of all the teams in the playoffs right now they're the team I'd most want to meet.

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada

Really? I think they're easily the worst playoff team if they make it. I'm confident enough that Price can out duel Luongo and as long as we pick up a scorer at the deadline we'd be fine against them.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
No, not related at all to Therrien. Honestly, I couldn't personally give a rat's ass about him; if he was fired tomorrow, I wouldn't blink an eye.
Yeah... right.

He was an idiot with those comments. You can disagree with everything else but I find it hard for anyone to defend throwing those guys under the bus the way he did. People are perfectly justified in calling the coach out on it.

Defend all you wish but I think MT deserves whatever he gets on those comments. It was a stupid thing to say.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Conor McKenna is such an unprofessional *********. Gross.

"like you and I. You've got it, I don't. Amazing you're even able to converse with a person of my intellect." What the ****?
I think you misinterpreted what he was saying.

He was being sarcastic and basically saying 'You're so smart its amazing you're even able to talk down to somebody at my level.' Yes, he's insulting the guy but those comments weren't meant in the way I think you thought he meant them.

Or maybe I'm just wrong and you understood this from the beginning. :laugh:

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Oh well (waves hands around frantically), if it was on Le 5 a 7 Today and Chantal "mentioned" it stop the friggen presses! Newsflash, most of the hockey world doesn't know what the frick Le 5 a 7 Today is and wouldn't know this Chantal dude from a baboon's butt. Posters were carrying on last night like it was another Roy incident. Trust me, if you were alive for that, you would know it went beyond Monsieur Chantal "mentioning" it on Le Completely Irrelevant Television Program. And maybe in your little social media bubble (consisting of HF posters and their bosom buddies across twitter and Facebook) this was a big deal, but across the rest of the hockey world and every other major media outlet that covers hockey this was about as significant as my dog lifting his leg to take a pee. Now that is something I’m not wrong about and that you’re just going to have to live with.

A lot of local news activity don't make national or worldwide news. Habs might be big in hockey and Quebec, but they aren't a black whale on a white background who can manage to make national headlines like the Redskins. That doesn't make the locals any less justified in using their minds in a process the information in a rational manner.

void

Jan 5, 2006
I think you misinterpreted what he was saying.

He was being sarcastic and basically saying 'You're so smart its amazing you're even able to talk down to somebody at my level.' Yes, he's insulting the guy but those comments weren't meant in the way I think you thought he meant them.

Or maybe I'm just wrong and you understood this from the beginning. :laugh:

I know he was being sarcastic but look at what he was responding to. All the guy was saying is that in his opinion Eller doesn't have it between the ears and then McKenna started acting like a dick to him. He's a total loser.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
I know he was being sarcastic but look at what he was responding to. All the guy was saying is that in his opinion Eller doesn't have it between the ears and then McKenna started acting like a dick to him. He's a total loser.
Well it looks like there's more than a little history between those two.

Cole Caulifield

Apr 22, 2004
Sincerely,

it's the first time in years where I am that much uninterested by the habs. Therrien and Desharnais just remove every fun I have watching the games.

I grew up in the dark years of the habs, the Traverse era. I had more fun watching them at that time than right now.

Therrien is a terrible coach and motivator. He drains all talent from players by cornering them if they make a mistake. How in the world can you develop a kid properly if you slap him at the first mistake?

But here you go DD, Make 6 turnovers a game, lose the puck every single time, shy away from physical, glide back to the D zone. HEY! Here's your top PP minutes and Best winger!

Tinordi played an awesome game yesterday, fought, got an underserved 2 min and sit on the bench you bum!

excellent post, this is exactly how most of us feel

:handclap::handclap::handclap:

Just wow... :laugh:

Phenom

Grind deez guyss - Michou
Jan 16, 2015
Montreal

What the heck are you talking about? You still don't get the point. You're actually contradicting yourself it's comical.

And who said that I wasn't alive on the Roy "incident". You assume you know my age? You're basically saying I'm some kind of teenager that wasn't alive in 1995 about the Roy "incident". Lol!

Why you have to get so aggressif and personal, because I disagreed with you and said "You're wrong"?

It's not about who knows le 5 a 7, but about the fact that she said MT received alot of heat from the media and that the media criticized him on his comments. Since you said that no one but "The Anti-Therrien's on HFboard" complained about his comments and that you checked SportsCenter and TSN as your research source.

I'm merely saying that it's not only the board that has complained about the incident but also it's all accross the media too. Since you thought otherwise.

We get it, you're some kind of Habs/Therrien apologist but you don't have to get so sour and defensif about it. :)

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad