Habs lose 2-1 to Wild Name signing edition

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Yeah it's pathetic...the team is playing like crap and the coach changes up the lines to try and get them going...oh the horror!

:facepalm:

Yeah, breaking up the BES line....Again, just switching the RW. Time to make moves at center if yo ask me and call up TInner.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
At what point does this coaching staff begin to accept responsibility for the piss-poor effort this team routinely dishes out in first periods? It's been a consistent problem all freaking season. If the coaching staff is unable to correct it, then it's time to bring in one that will.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
At what point does this coaching staff begin to accept responsibility for the piss-poor effort this team routinely dishes out in first periods? It's been a consistent problem all freaking season. If the coaching staff is unable to correct it, then it's time to bring in one that will.
Thing is... the team starts the game using MT's system. When we fall behind we tend to play more aggressively. Not sure why MT hasn't figured out that we're more effective using an aggressive system to begin with.

I look at PK who sits back and isn't anywhere close to where he was... yet I'm sure that MT actually thinks that he's better now than he was.

Anyways, we're a grinding team right?

Milhouse40

Aug 19, 2010
Yep, DD is not an ideal top 2 C. Struggles and should be replaced. But every thread and every post being about him makes this board tough to enjoy lately. But if it serves a purpose to let some frustration out which in the end will mean less violence in the world.....so be it.

At least DD will serve that purpose....DD the peacemaker.

I'll take a sentence of yours and change it a little bit:

But every games and every line changed being about him make this team tough to enjoy lately.

Yeah it's pathetic...the team is playing like crap and the coach changes up the lines to try and get them going...oh the horror!

Lines changes are good.....but not if break a line that was doing great.
Eller-Sekac were playing well....why not use Max with them for a period to see if anything can happens?

That was the move needed to be done...or at least tried.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
Yep, DD is not an ideal top 2 C. Struggles and should be replaced. But every thread and every post being about him makes this board tough to enjoy lately. But if it serves a purpose to let some frustration out which in the end will mean less violence in the world.....so be it.

At least DD will serve that purpose....DD the peacemaker.
As I've said many times, DD is just a symptom of a much larger problem - our coach. Those who are angry at DD have their anger misplaced.

It's like blaming a butter knife for not being a sword. Blame the guy who's decided to use the butter knife as the sword.

optimus2861

Aug 29, 2005
Bedford NS
Thing is... the team starts the game using MT's system. When we fall behind we tend to play more aggressively. Not sure why MT hasn't figured out that we're more effective using an aggressive system to begin with.
MT is simply too stubborn to admit that what he's doing isn't working and in fact is the root cause of a lot of our woes. He's getting worse & worse as the season progresses if you ask me. The clock is ticking on this moron's NHL coaching career. The sooner it reaches zero, the better off we'll all be.

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
As I've said many times, DD is just a symptom of a much larger problem - our coach. Those who are angry at DD have their anger misplaced.

It's like blaming a butter knife for not being a sword. Blame the guy who's decided to use the butter knife as the sword.

Exactly. Dude has made the most of his skill-set to get where he is and I respect him for that.

He didn't ask to benefit from being a local boy and be treated like he's MSL the 2nd by the people making the decisions.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003

I'm not even there anymore. Criticize DD at one point is all fine with me. But it's almost addictive now. People HAS to bash DD everytime, on every post in every thread. Again, no matter what he does or doesn't, DD is NEVER reponsible for the team playing well. But ALWAYS the sole responsible when the team is playing badly. Yes, he shouldn't play where he does. Yes, Therrien should try other combinations. This is the same subject, day after day after day.......And now I read that he's even responsible for Subban not shooting the puck. I mean DD is responsible for everything. Malhotra is probably pointless because DD gets too much icetime. Allen looks incredibly slow probably because DD doesn't place him in the best situation. Price gives a bad goal probably because DD doesn't play his man well etc. Just not a fun time to be around lately......We decided to make a DD thread for all the frustration to get out. That was the point of this thread. And yet, every other thread that exist is DD related. Just for the sake of this board, he has to be traded and soon 'cause that board will be impossible to be a part of.

Clearly, Therrien doesn't believe in Pleks, Eller and Galchenyuk to be the centermen of Pacioretty. That's just laughable and show Therrien limitations. Our main "problem" is our record. And once that starts to go to where it should be, I guess all our wishes will come true.

Habs Icing

Formerly Onice
Jan 17, 2004
Montreal
No, more like Brisebois, bouillon, Dandenault, Latendresse, Briere ...
PAP will be next then Bournival. Book it

Donatello

Gomez, Diaz, Murray, A. Kostitsyn, S. Kostitsyn, Gionta, Spacek, Bourque (French name but a true blue Anglo) Moen, and soon to come to your whining channel Allen, Gilbert.

Caravaggio

Capitaine Subban*

But Diaz, Murray, Andrei Kostitsyn, Gionta, Moen, Spacek, Gomez weren't french.

Except Gomez (mainly because of his 7m cap and Mcdonaugh) the hate was mild compare to their french counterpart.

Andy, I know and you know that when DD is gone PAP will be next and Bournival gonna be the french guy playing instead of McCarron or any flavor of that moment.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
2 goals on 35 shots = dominated? Just because they had more shots means nothing. No they didnt play well but spent time in the offensive zone, especially in the 3rd.

The 2nd period was by far the worst, but that is on MT as he decided to bench half the team for not apparent reason.

Your anologies make me laugh, and not in a haha you said a funny way.

Yes dominated. Not sure what game you were watching but we were dominated in the 1st twp periods, outshot 30-10 (is that not being dominated?), outhustled, everything. Price played well and the Wild missed some chances. Yeah we played better in the 3rd but we were lucky to be down just 2-0 going into that period and the final scoreline was flattering. If we were playing a more high powered offense we would have lost 5-0 probably.

If we play like this tomorrow, we will get blown out of the United Center.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec

You don't break up your best line to try and fix your broken line when you're still trying to win the bloody game. If Therrien actually cared about what was best for the team in lieu of getting Desharnais going, he would have iced...

Pacioretty - Eller - Sekac
Sekac - Eller - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Sekac

Any of those would be putting everything we had into winning.

Bourne Endeavor

Apr 6, 2009
Montreal, Quebec
I'm not even there anymore. Criticize DD at one point is all fine with me. But it's almost addictive now. People HAS to bash DD everytime, on every post in every thread. Again, no matter what he does or doesn't, DD is NEVER reponsible for the team playing well. But ALWAYS the sole responsible when the team is playing badly. Yes, he shouldn't play where he does. Yes, Therrien should try other combinations. This is the same subject, day after day after day.......And now I read that he's even responsible for Subban not shooting the puck. I mean DD is responsible for everything. Malhotra is probably pointless because DD gets too much icetime. Allen looks incredibly slow probably because DD doesn't place him in the best situation. Price gives a bad goal probably because DD doesn't play his man well etc. Just not a fun time to be around lately......We decided to make a DD thread for all the frustration to get out. That was the point of this thread. And yet, every other thread that exist is DD related. Just for the sake of this board, he has to be traded and soon 'cause that board will be impossible to be a part of.

Clearly, Therrien doesn't believe in Pleks, Eller and Galchenyuk to be the centermen of Pacioretty. That's just laughable and show Therrien limitations. Our main "problem" is our record. And once that starts to go to where it should be, I guess all our wishes will come true.

I think it largely has to do with frustration. Fans know what the problem is, yet nothing is done. Therefore, people's anger becomes increasingly more blind at the source of the problem, be it Desharnais or Therrien. I suspect if Desharnais was shifted to the third line or even scratched for a day, you would see a lot of the hate die down for a while. Unfortunately, we all know that will never happen. So complaining about him to almost comical degrees is therapeutic.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
I wonder what MT's plan is for PAP? It doesn't seem like he has one since PAP played on the 1st, 3rd and 4th lines last night. Shades of MT's use of Briere from last season all over again.

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
You don't break up your best line to try and fix your broken line when you're still trying to win the bloody game. If Therrien actually cared about what was best for the team in lieu of getting Desharnais going, he would have iced...

Pacioretty - Eller - Sekac
Sekac - Eller - Gallagher
Galchenyuk - Eller - Sekac

Any of those would be putting everything we had into winning.

Considering Plek's line isn't doing great recently, and Therrien's allergic reaction to split DD - Pac, I would consider giving this line a try as 2nd line for a few games.

RDJ

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
I wonder what MT's plan is for PAP? It doesn't seem like he has one since PAP played on the 1st, 3rd and 4th lines last night. Shades of MT's use of Briere from last season all over again.

It's not really about PAP, more about Therrien's reflex to shuffle RW whenever the team can't generate offense. As if the center and LW were set in stone. :shakehead

Johann Sebastian Bach

AllanMTL46

Aug 19, 2011
Ste-Agathe, Lotb.
Good game last night even though we lost. Not to worry as vengeance will be ours for the next game. All in all we're doing well! Its not like we're on a 11 game losing streak (i.e: Oilers). I'm unsure if the parody talk of DD is actual criticism or not. He's a good player and will help this team for our 25th cup.

No, he won't.

We played a good 3rd period, I do no see this as a "good game". 1st and 2nd were horrible.

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
No, he won't.

We played a good 3rd period, I do no see this as a "good game". 1st and 2nd were horrible.

Totally agree. I don't know how any one wo actually watched that POS game can say we had a "good game". Mediocre would have been a big improvement, we were horrible for most of it. Cetainly the worst I've ever seen the Habs play in-person (probably 50+ games).

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
Plekanec's line was by far the worst last night. If any line had to be broken, it was that one. Gallagher is a feisty little bugger but he's where plays go to die and can't make a pass to save his life.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad