Habs lose 2-1 to Wild Name signing edition

CanadianLover

Oct 27, 2014
More like this team plays the stretch pass, and collapsing defense (as witness by our d men backing up into their own end) until they are behind going into the 3rd period and the strategy changes to be aggressive on the forecheck and full out attack.

We are a skilled team. We don't play like one because of the system. Notice how in the 3rd we kept the puck in their end?

We need a new coach :help:

Sadly MB is never going to wake up. MT is there for a long time :cry:

Capitaine Subban*

Desharnais needs to go. He's the only reason we suck. :nod:

Wonder what happens when he's traded or hurt or sick... and we play like this? Who are people going to blame then. :biglaugh:

likely the next french guy , so PAP

Last edited by a moderator:

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
It should've been another blow out, like 40 shots against.

But two unlucky goals against. The first goal against was a fluke and the second should've been disallowed.

This team is a complete wreck right-now. But let's complain about MT?

Nothing a new coach could fix. They were supposed to come out strong for Le Gros Bill and they blew it.

Skip Bayless

The Skip Bayless Show
Aug 28, 2014
More like this team plays the stretch pass, and collapsing defense (as witness by our d men backing up into their own end) until they are behind going into the 3rd period and the strategy changes to be aggressive on the forecheck and full out attack.

We are a skilled team. We don't play like one because of the system. Notice how in the 3rd we kept the puck in their end?

Has nothing to do with systems. Guys finally started skating, it's that simple. When guys are winning battles for loose pucks, then everything comes together, both offensively and defensively. That's the way the coach wants the team to play. When we don't out-work our opponents we look like crap. Games like tonight, you can't look at the system if your team is asleep for the first two periods. That is the main concern that the coaching staff and the GM should have. They want them playing like they started off in the third period before Tangradi's major, but it doesn't happen unless they dig a hole. The growing pains of having some success in this league; Players start to drift off more easily. It is a source for concern, but it is possible for coaches and teams to survive that.

We stretch the zone and use the dump and chase like most teams that try to beat the trap without turning over the puck. The coach has been trying to implement more puck possession plays this year with some partial success, but risk is involved in it. So when the team just doesn't have it or are in situations in which it's better to play a simple and sound game against a certain opponent, they buy into it. That's the main standard that Bergevin created and Therrien is sustaining.

As for collapsing as a strategy, we don't use that strategy since the Martin days I think. When you see our D collapsing it's more because of turnovers coming from the neutral zone AKA team is playing undisciplined hockey. That's what the coaches want to avoid at all cost until we can rely on our passing game to beat the trap and generate offense that way, which I think is the vision that Bergevin has for this team in the future(same as Chicago and Detroit). The main thing is execution.

We're not there yet. We're slowly implementing more of a puck possession style this year, but for the team to remain competitive in the mean time, they must realize what they can and can't rely on to win games regularly and everyone needs to be on board.

Now, is the coaching staff and Bergevin devoid of all criticism? No. But sometimes what we as fans might perceive as something the coaching and management is doing wrong, might be more on the players.

It is perfectly fair to debate wether this team is more suited to a type of game that is more based on skill than what they're implementing right now. But my view is that as long as they don't fix the blue line among other things, the team wont get to the next level.

habitue*

This board is depressing.... After a win.
After a loss, it is...... Choose the most negative word you can find.

Sick and tired to see finger pointing at the same two individuals. Win or lose.

Habs Junkie

Feb 24, 2009
Montreal
From now on I'm going to refer to Eller's line as the farm line. The farm line for the Desharnais line.

How pathetic did Therrien look putting Sekac with DD and MP. 3 shifts 1 goal against and one penalty taken.

Therrien is doing everything he can to build his first line around Desharnais. Not the 40 goal scorer super star Pacioretty. David *** Desharnais!!! Let that sink in for a moment...

ThaDevilGirl

Every day is a day off
Oct 1, 2006
YUL
Hey there SouthernHab,

Just your friendly neighbourhood HF user Beaker here- I don't get to post much anymore due to schedule constraints but I thought I should take a minute and let you in on something I think is important for you to know.

David Desharnais is not a good player.

Enjoy the remainder of the season,

-Beaker

:laugh:

Thank you for making me laugh.

Natey

GOATS
Aug 2, 2005
Hey there SouthernHab,

Just your friendly neighbourhood HF user Beaker here- I don't get to post much anymore due to schedule constraints but I thought I should take a minute and let you in on something I think is important for you to know.

David Desharnais is not a good player.

Enjoy the remainder of the season,

-Beaker
Hey there Beaker,

Desharnais is definitely a good player being used poorly by a bad coach.

Enjoy missing us all year.

-OMRB

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
likely the next french guy , so PAP

There's something wrong with your head if you think being French is why people don't like DD. Is that what the French media is resorting to? Calling people racist for calling out DD for his horrawful play? Guy has been playing like Gomez and people are still defending him.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
Just like the Desharnais thread, this is all about agendas.

Last night the Habs did not show up ready to play, they were asleep for 40 minutes and then had a strong 3rd. It didn't help that the officiating was putrid(calls on Allen and Tangradi were horrible) and the Wilds got 2 very fluky goals but at the end of the day, Minnesota looked like they wanted it a lot more, won the races to the puck and were giving the second effort. In a way they made their own luck.

The Habs have been brutal in 1st periods and it continued last night...you can blame the coaches all you want but I'm sure they have tried every trick in the book to get them going early. At some point t's not about tactics, strategy or speaches...as a pro hockey player you need to show up ready to play and it starts with the leaders. Passing off everything as the coaches' fault is a weak cop out.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
There's something wrong with your head if you think being French is why people don't like DD. Is that what the French media is resorting to? Calling people racist for calling out DD for his horrawful play? Guy has been playing like Gomez and people are still defending him.

in DD case, not at all, they're actually starting to call him out for his underwhelming play.

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008

Who is playing like Gomez? Desharnais? That's downright comical and shows how out of touch with reality a lot of posters on this board are...

I guess it's ok for Gallagher and Galchenyuk to make horrible turnovers because they are young...

Monctonscout

Monctonscout
Jan 26, 2008
From now on I'm going to refer to Eller's line as the farm line. The farm line for the Desharnais line.

How pathetic did Therrien look putting Sekac with DD and MP. 3 shifts 1 goal against and one penalty taken.

Therrien is doing everything he can to build his first line around Desharnais. Not the 40 goal scorer super star Pacioretty. David *** Desharnais!!! Let that sink in for a moment...

Yeah it's pathetic...the team is playing like crap and the coach changes up the lines to try and get them going...oh the horror!

:facepalm:

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah it's pathetic...the team is playing like crap and the coach changes up the lines to try and get them going...oh the horror!

:facepalm:

Desharnais had 3 RW that game. They were not changing the lines they were trying to get Davey going.

If he was changing lines to get them going then the worst line of the night. Pleks line. Would have been changed but it went untouched.

Capitaine Subban*

Dont be mad bro, its just an observation

Analyzer*

Hey there Beaker,

Desharnais is definitely a good player being used poorly by a bad coach.

Enjoy missing us all year.

-OMRB

Hey there, OMRB

How is getting first line minutes, first wave pp and getting to play with our best winger without a doubt being used poorly ? It's not, you know why ? Because he ****ing sucks.

-Analyzer.

I'm glad when I work nights as the majority of the time the team plays like crap. Even when I get to see them, the team plays like crap.

ChikN

Sep 1, 2010
Montréal
Desharnais will bounce back like he did last year.

I'm just not a big fan of Therrien and the way he manages the team sometimes.

Compile

Feb 27, 2008
In an Igloo
Has nothing to do with systems. Guys finally started skating, it's that simple. When guys are winning battles for loose pucks, then everything comes together, both offensively and defensively. That's the way the coach wants the team to play. When we don't out-work our opponents we look like crap. Games like tonight, you can't look at the system if your team is asleep for the first two periods. That is the main concern that the coaching staff and the GM should have. They want them playing like they started off in the third period before Tangradi's major, but it doesn't happen unless they dig a hole. The growing pains of having some success in this league; Players start to drift off more easily. It is a source for concern, but it is possible for coaches and teams to survive that.

We stretch the zone and use the dump and chase like most teams that try to beat the trap without turning over the puck. The coach has been trying to implement more puck possession plays this year with some partial success, but risk is involved in it. So when the team just doesn't have it or are in situations in which it's better to play a simple and sound game against a certain opponent, they buy into it. That's the main standard that Bergevin created and Therrien is sustaining.

As for collapsing as a strategy, we don't use that strategy since the Martin days I think. When you see our D collapsing it's more because of turnovers coming from the neutral zone AKA team is playing undisciplined hockey. That's what the coaches want to avoid at all cost until we can rely on our passing game to beat the trap and generate offense that way, which I think is the vision that Bergevin has for this team in the future(same as Chicago and Detroit). The main thing is execution.

We're not there yet. We're slowly implementing more of a puck possession style this year, but for the team to remain competitive in the mean time, they must realize what they can and can't rely on to win games regularly and everyone needs to be on board.

Now, is the coaching staff and Bergevin devoid of all criticism? No. But sometimes what we as fans might perceive as something the coaching and management is doing wrong, might be more on the players.

It is perfectly fair to debate wether this team is more suited to a type of game that is more based on skill than what they're implementing right now. But my view is that as long as they don't fix the blue line among other things, the team wont get to the next level.

OK then.

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Yep, DD is not an ideal top 2 C. Struggles and should be replaced. But every thread and every post being about him makes this board tough to enjoy lately. But if it serves a purpose to let some frustration out which in the end will mean less violence in the world.....so be it.

At least DD will serve that purpose....DD the peacemaker.

Tim Wallach

Oct 9, 2007
Kitchener, Ontario
Team sucks with Allen, loses twice to Buffalo. We scratch him, we win. We put him back in again, for some reason. Guess the result?

Not blaming it all on him, but you have to put your best foot forward in terms of a lineup and Allen ain't part of it.

Conflicted Habs fan

"Beauty will save the world" - Dostoyevsky
Sponsor
Nov 23, 2011
Montreal
Good game last night even though we lost. Not to worry as vengeance will be ours for the next game. All in all we're doing well! Its not like we're on a 11 game losing streak (i.e: Oilers). I'm unsure if the parody talk of DD is actual criticism or not. He's a good player and will help this team for our 25th cup.

That Habs Fan

Nov 29, 2008
Toronto
Good game last night even though we lost. Not to worry as vengeance will be ours for the next game. All in all we're doing well! Its not like we're on a 11 game losing streak (i.e: Oilers). I'm unsure if the parody talk of DD is actual criticism or not. He's a good player and will help this team for our 25th cup.

You do know this board has a sarcasm emoticon?

Shots were 30-9 after the first two periods. Extremely far from a good game. Our stats indicate we should have a much worse record than we do. Desharnais is not only holding back the development of one of the best talents we've had in years (Galchenyuk) he has proven that we should expect him to completely disappear come playoff time. If DD is still with the team come the playoffs we will have to win despite him...

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad