Habs lose 2-1 to Wild Name signing edition

windycity

Sep 30, 2003
Well duh
Visit site
Plekanec's line was by far the worst last night. If any line had to be broken, it was that one. Gallagher is a feisty little bugger but he's where plays go to die and can't make a pass to save his life.

I have to agree. I like Gallagher but he's not a bonafide top 6 player, at least on a top team. His skill set is not there.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
We get outplayed because of a lack of effort. There's a reason why this team has had almost no injuries this year. It's not only luck...
It's not lack of effort, its lack of a good system. We're not at 27th in shots for because guys aren't trying...

JLP

Refugee
Aug 16, 2005
No, more like Brisebois, bouillon, Dandenault, Latendresse, Briere ...
PAP will be next then Bournival. Book it

Donatello

Sure let's say some fans dislike francos and some fans don't like PK because he's black, and some fans actually complained when Cammalleri and Halpern were on the team because they dislike Jews, and some fans didn't like that Koivu or Cunnyworth didn't speak French -- but these are a small and extreme fringe who don't reflect the fans here or the Habs fanbase in general. Please stop suggesting that because it's just plain wrong.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
Listening to Simon Tsalikis on TSN690 rambling on and on about Hab fans blaming Bryan Allen for last nights loss. :dunno: Are Hab fans really doing this since I don't see anyone here blaming the guy for the loss.

I haven't been listening to TSN690 for very long but to me Simon Tsalikis is by far the absolute worst guy on that station. He just rambles on and on thinking what he says is always right while everyone else with a different opinion is wrong. I can only take listening to the guy in very small doses.

Gamimenos

Apr 28, 2009
Listening to Simon Tsalikis on TSN690 rambling on and on about Hab fans blaming Bryan Allen for last nights loss. :dunno: Are Hab fans really doing this since I don't see anyone here blaming the guy for the loss.

I haven't been listening to TSN690 for very long but to me Simon Tsalikis is by far the absolute worst guy on that station. He just rambles on and on thinking what he says is always right while everyone else with a different opinion is wrong. I can only take listening to the guy in very small doses.

A true Greek.

Teufelsdreck

Sep 17, 2005
It's not really about PAP, more about Therrien's reflex to shuffle RW whenever the team can't generate offense. As if the center and LW were set in stone. :shakehead

Johann Sebastian Bach

I don't get your associating Johann Sebastian Bach with Michel Therrien (or with yourself). JS Bach could be as feisty as a hockey coach but I don't think Therrien is capable of writing musical Passions.

CanadiensforLife

Sep 11, 2010
Montreal

It's the Greek in him. My sister-in-law is Greek and her extended family are similar. They think they know better than anyone else. :):nod:

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
I don't get your associating Johann Sebastian Bach with Michel Therrien (or with yourself). JS Bach could be as feisty as a hockey coach but I don't think Therrien is capable of writing musical Passions.

There wasn't really a link between Bach and anything else, I just went along with the name signing trend. Your comparison of these two is solid though ;)

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
It's not lack of effort, its lack of a good system. We're not at 27th in shots for because guys aren't trying...

What system is that? Skating at 70%, letting the opponents get to pucks before you do and making sure you avoid a hit in order to not get hurt? If that's the system, than Therrien has his guys buying in big time.

Andy

Jun 26, 2008
Montreal

Tsalikis is a loser. All the guys does is yell and thinks he's right because of it. Habs winning or losing doesn't change the fact that Allen shouldn't be in the lineup. You don't need to wait for him to be a reason for a loss to take him, especially when there already are better options.

Tsalikis is just a contrarian.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007
What system is that?
You tell me. Like I said, there is no system as far as I can see.
Skating at 70%, letting the opponents get to pucks before you do and making sure you avoid a hit in order to not get hurt? If that's the system, than Therrien has his guys buying in big time.
Puck carrying blueliners dumping the puck in, inferior players playing over better ones, let your goalie save the day.

That's MT's "system" as far as I can see.

Jigger77

Dec 21, 2007
Montreal
It's not lack of a system. It's players not playing as a unit, too many guys trying to do everything themselves, not willing to get their noses dirty, losing battles and also lack of pure offensive talent and experience. As much as this place hates to hear it, the players are the ones losing the game on the ice and giving up the puck constantly, pinching at the wrong time, missing easy breakout passes (what you guys like to call icing as a strategy lol) etc. Not the coach. This is still a young team, they're not winning this year even if they had Scotty Bowman as head coach.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal
Well tough luck.

Price was the best player on the ice by far.
Two bad bounces and we are behind two goals but this happens.

If there is something positive, it is the performance of the team in third period. Not even sure there was a SOG during that 5 minutes penalty.

Pretty sure we won't hear what Therrien said in the room between second and third period but we won't likely hear it in 24CH...

Also, we can see some leadership in this team.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
There seems to me to be no structure, whether you call that system I don't know but players don't seem to have any idea where to be on the ice and where to be when they don't have the puck to support in defensive zone, and to support the puck carrier (quick outlets, cycle, short feeds, finding the late trailer)

Preparedness is also an issue. Is it laziness they start playing in the second, or fact they aren't ready.

The blowouts and shutouts aren't just effort, it's too frequent. Montreal gets shredded all to often. Teams that are sound defensively, and can find the slot and or trailing man, hurt MTL badly

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad