Habs Lose 2-1 To Sabres

Status
Not open for further replies.

BigDaddyLurch

Have some PRIDE, Eric...
Sponsor
Mar 1, 2013
Principle's Office
Allen played pretty well tonight. He's not going to make fancy plays, but made safe plays for the most part and kept the front of the net clear. Skates a lot better than Murray.

...the problem is Allen playing "pretty well" for him is still a 7th Dman when we have better options available...he & Weaver should be platooning as the 6th Dman at best...Therrien needs to pull his head out from 'tween his cheeks and start icing the best lineup available to him...that'd at least be a starting point...then he can get in to an actual gameplan...

Fozz

Aug 1, 2002
Ottawa
Visit site
The best the team looked all game was the final 30 seconds with Patch, Chuck and Plekanec together for the first time this season. What a shock. Somebody tip the video guy large to repeat the last 30 seconds ad infinitum for Therrien when he goes to look at game tape.

Because 30 seconds of desperate 6 on 5 hockey means something?

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Desharnais still sucks, got a lucky point tonight.

Shouldn't have been on the ice late game.
Still one more point than almost everyone else. Do you mean he single-handedly lost the game for us? :laugh:

That was a poor performance across the board. I'm more upset about Subban, he was eclipsed by Markov once again.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Habs D are not involved in transition. Subban is one of the most exciting players in the league, why has he been neutered?

LesHabsRock

Sep 28, 2005
Windsor, Ontario
greggfu.blogspot.com
I was fully expecting 4 points against the Sabres this weekend. Very disappointing. Although Pittsburgh was creamed by Carolina (3rd-4th worse team in the league, outshot 34-22) and needed overtime to beat the Leafs in Pittsburgh (after blowing a 2-0 lead), so I'm not worried as you can see it happens to some of the other best teams in the league too.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
Habs D are not involved in transition. Subban is one of the most exciting players in the league, why has he been neutered?
He looks lost out there, he barely look like a top-4 D, he only has himself to blame.

Michelangelo

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 17, 2014
Montreal

The system in place doesn't allow for unnecessary risks to be taken when they don't need to be - e.g. a defenseman rushing the puck; just pass it off to a forward or dump it in.

Michelangelo

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
The system in place doesn't allow for unnecessary risks to be taken when they don't need to be - e.g. a defenseman rushing the puck; just pass it off to a forward or dump it in.

Michelangelo
Is that why Markov is all over the place while Subban sits back? Da system allows Subban to take risk, he's just not up to da task. Hell even Emelin was more involved than Subban in this game. That's why I won't blame him for the loss. We just sucked.

Stive Morgan

Mhm. Mhm. Mhm.
Jul 25, 2011
British Columbia
Picked Buffalo players for my fantasy team cause I knew we'd **** the bed. It worked!

lAq8Ar1.png

hf27

Jan 29, 2013

PK is listening to his coach. The 'A' and new contract means something to PK.

Kojo

Nov 22, 2013
You must be a teenager because every time someone posts something you don't like you throw a temper tantrum.
You can't even discern the sarcasm unless it's thoroughly explained to you. I'm probably older than you.

The only thing I'm upset about is losing the game. I could care less about what the fans post on the internet.

Last edited:

OldCraig71

Feb 2, 2009
No one cares
Off all week and that was a well rested pumped up team? We were asleep until halfway through the third period, why are we never ready for games? That was an easy game that should not have been close at all, and while i'm on a rant, what genius designed that god awful stretch pass/icing break out that we use at least 20 times per game?

We are awful and the record is no clear indicator of what we really are. Play Chucky, Plekanec and Pacioretty together (screaming) at least for one game!!!!! DD is beyond useless and would probably not even be claimed on waivers. Why Therrien loves him so much is beyond me.

Doc McKenna

A new era 2021
Jan 5, 2009
PK is listening to his coach. The 'A' and new contract means something to PK.
Yeah it means he is still making a lot of mistakes I didn't like when he wasn't earning 9 million and not doing the stuff that made up for those mistakes. Its about as bad of a combination as it gets.

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Yeah it means he is still making a lot of mistakes I didn't like when he wasn't earning 9 million and not doing the stuff that made up for those mistakes. Its about as bad of a combination as it gets.

A good coach let's his players play their game and designs strategies, systems and plays that bring out their qualities.

Look no further than Ellers comments to understand that Therrien wants everyone to play a mundane low risk game. That's why we struggle to score goals. You take away creativity, you take away skill, you take away instinct and you get robotic crap.

Its no wonder we look the best in the 3rd period when we are down goals because thats when they open up and play higher risk because they have no choice but to push.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad