Line Combos: Habs lineup 20-21 season

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
That roster is over the cap.

Byron can play center. And just because a lot of people around here think he makes too much money that doesn't necessarily make him the man out.

I can see someone claiming Perry but Frolik will pass with no problem.

You have to take into count that a lot of players will be placed on waivers simultaneously. There will probably be better players than Frolik on waivers.
So, what you're saying is, the smart move would have been not to sign Frolik and grab a BETTER player on waivers.

Interesting.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
I said probably, and clearly, you don't know how waivers work.
considering the very little knowledge you have shown over the years, the smart thing to do here would be for you not to talk about other people's knowledge.

and don't be a Donald, don't talk about others like you get what they think or something
(please, tell me what I do know and what I don't)

Belial

Oct 22, 2014
Montreal
considering the very little knowledge you have shown over the years, the smart thing to do here would be for you not to talk about other people's knowledge.

and don't be a Donald, don't talk about others like you get what they think or something
(please, tell me what I do know and what I don't)

Good one... :biglaugh::facepalm:

Reactions: Subban signed e5

Canadienna

Jan 27, 2015
Dew drops and rainforest
Put me on team Byron. The guy is the assistant captain for a reason.

Multiple time 20 goal scorer, most dangerous forward on the PK, seems to bring passion. Let him battle it out with Lehkonen/Armia to play 3rd line LW.

If he's feeling healthy I could see him earning his cap hit this year. He's not the guy you give up assets to get rid of imo.

ZUKI

I hate the haters...
Oct 23, 2003
montreal
I'll take my chance, I know you will avoid it, but hey it's 2021 now, a new year so who knows...

this guy has Danault line at 6, Aho line at 7... and you've inssisted it's a serious analysis, not just some dumb hf post... so again, you would take the Danault line over the Aho line ?? and outside MB, how many of the 31 GMs you think would take Danault line over the Aho line ??
i would take Aho's line because they are much younger, and they are very good players. But that said, with the young core coming with the Habs - Suzuki-KK-Caufield , i really like the Danault line to complete them, because they are very good to match the opposite best lines. I don't look only at the offensive side of the game, and they are clearly not the best offensive line out of the 10 in the article. But they are on the top to match best lines and outproduce them

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
i would take Aho's line because they are much younger, and they are very good players. But that said, with the young core coming with the Habs - Suzuki-KK-Caufield , i really like the Danault line to complete them, because they are very good to match the opposite best lines. I don't look only at the offensive side of the game, and they are clearly not the best offensive line out of the 10 in the article. But they are on the top to match best lines and outproduce them
yet you couldnt help but repeat they were #6...

enough said.
Did not even bother reading after the bolded.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
In the process of adding quality of competition/quality of teammate, but... (Edmundson moved to RD based on Bergevin's comments at today's press conference).

Habs vs - Tor Ott 2021.jpg

Weal and Byron have really good numbers together, and Poehling has much better Corsi than Evans. So, I guess anything can happen with the fourth line. Perry is likely to play all non-back-to-back games I assume though. I have a feeling Poehling could win the Center spot if he's ready because he's now 210- but I left Evans because it's probably his to lose. Byron the best all-around but we don't have cap space for him to play?
That leaves LW open between Lehkonen and Frolik..?

Strictly by the numbers tho, our best fourth line would probably be Byron-Weal-Perry.

Last edited:
Reactions: ericd

Souker

Feb 10, 2020
A few days before the start of the season, I believe the line up is shaping up to look as follows.
This would not only put us under the cap, but would also keep 3 taxi squad spots free to send KK, Suzuki and Romanov on off-days to accumulate savings on the cap, as Bergevin hinted (I know the minimum is 4, so likely the Habs use a player like Evans that is waiver exempt as a place holder until they need all 3 spots on off-days and send Evans back down to laval).
The con of this proposal is that you risk losing Frolik and Juulsen as waivers (personally I don’t think they’ll get claimed), as well as not having a legit 4C to start the season (Byron would slot as 4C temporarily).
Technically, Habs could avoid putting Juulsen on waivers given his 700K cap hit (which would still keep us under the cap) but I think the Habs would probably rather take the risk, save some money early on and call up Evans “for real” soon enough in the season (he’s only about 42K too expensive to start the season).
For sure ideally we somehow find a way to ship off Weal short term and save a taxi spot and 325K, or even Byron (but I doubt this happens before later in the season near the TDL or even the offseason, but you never know this year).
Excited for the season to start !
43113B80-E087-4064-8758-6A2E689D4F01.jpeg

6EDE4867-07CD-421A-A6BA-3590035C3D03.jpeg

Number 57

Dec 21, 2004
Montreal
A few days before the start of the season, I believe the line up is shaping up to look as follows.
This would not only put us under the cap, but would also keep 3 taxi squad spots free to send KK, Suzuki and Romanov on off-days to accumulate savings on the cap, as Bergevin hinted (I know the minimum is 4, so likely the Habs use a player like Evans that is waiver exempt as a place holder until they need all 3 spots on off-days and send Evans back down to laval).
The con of this proposal is that you risk losing Frolik and Juulsen as waivers (personally I don’t think they’ll get claimed), as well as not having a legit 4C to start the season (Byron would slot as 4C temporarily).
Technically, Habs could avoid putting Juulsen on waivers given his 700K cap hit (which would still keep us under the cap) but I think the Habs would probably rather take the risk, save some money early on and call up Evans “for real” soon enough in the season (he’s only about 42K too expensive to start the season).
For sure ideally we somehow find a way to ship off Weal short term and save a taxi spot and 325K, or even Byron (but I doubt this happens before later in the season near the TDL or even the offseason, but you never know this year).
Excited for the season to start !
View attachment 383045
View attachment 383046

Minimum 4 players on the taxi squad at all time

smirob

Jun 2, 2014
Really like the Drouin-Suzuki-Anderson line, I think they'll be fun to watch.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
Be nice to see:
Romanov-Weber
Edmundson-Petry
Chiarot-Fleury

by the end of the season.

That's a beefy defence that isn't all that slow.

Petry, Romanov, Chiarot, Fleury can all skate and Weber and Edmunson aren't douglas murray slow. I'd love to see Fleury grow into a regular.

ahmedou

DOU
Oct 7, 2017
#MyHabsLineCombos(Update:1)

Drouin/Suzuki/Anderson
Tatar/Kotkaniemi/Gallagher
Toffoli/Danault/Armia
Lehkonen/Evans/Byron

Chiarot/Weber
Romanov/Petry
Edmundson/Fleury

Price/Allen