Proposal: Habs-Lightning

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Wouldn't say no to this trade. Although Beaulieu could be someone we'll need as he is a mobile puck moving D. Just needs to step his game up a bit. Although I'm enticed with having Killorn on board.

I'm just wondering why Tampa would want two more RFAs for next summer. They will already have Palat, Johnson, and Drouin to deal with. They will have Andrighetto and Beaulieu if they make this trade as well. And I doubt they'd make this deal to lose Beaulieu & Ghetto after 1 season.

HoseEmDown

Mar 25, 2012
Alex Killorn

vs

Nathan Beaulieu + Sven Andrighetto

Doesn't do anything for the Lightning. We don't need anymore LD, we are probably looking to move one out (Garrison or Coburn) so Beaulieu wouldn't be a piece we want for Killorn. He'd also want a raise next offseason which we can't afford. Andrighetto is a nice bottom 6 winger but we have several of our own we want to give minutes to. Neither piece is enticing enough to move Killorn.

We would probably prefer futures if we move Killorn, we'd prefer to move some others before him though. Something like Juulsen/Scherbak + would be a better starting point.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Doesn't do anything for the Lightning. We don't need anymore LD, we are probably looking to move one out (Garrison or Coburn) so Beaulieu wouldn't be a piece we want for Killorn. He'd also want a raise next offseason which we can't afford. Andrighetto is a nice bottom 6 winger but we have several of our own we want to give minutes to. Neither piece is enticing enough to move Killorn.

We would probably prefer futures if we move Killorn, we'd prefer to move some others before him though. Something like Juulsen/Scherbak + would be a better starting point.

Habs won't give up their first round picks of 2014 & 2015 plus more as a starting point for a player who is an RFA as we speak.

Andrighetto is a top-9 with the potential to be a top-6. But I get that Tampa wouldn't need someone like him or Beaulieu. For me it's more because Tampa doesn't need two extra RFAs to deal with next off-season.

Mark Kandy

Habcoolic
Jul 22, 2014
Montreal
I like Killorn but not at that price! I think Beaulieu+Ghetto would fetch a better forward, and I'd like to keep both of them with the team!

With regular time on the first two lines and on the powerplay, Andrighetto has the potential to become a 40-45 points player easily, what Killorn actually is!

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
Easy pass for Mtl, and I'm am a huge fan of kilorns game.

Just way too lopsided talent-wise to make sense for mtl

These Are The Days

Oh no! We suck again!!
May 17, 2014
Tampa Bay
At the moment this isn't a trade I would make. But later on down the road a Killorn for Beaulieu deal may make sense after the loss of a guy like Jason Garrison when the season is over. Lord knows the cap crunch is coming.

ohmyjlord

Fan...with a brain.
Mar 9, 2008
Montreal
Wouldn't make sense at all for Montreal. I mean, I like Killorn...and I'm not as high as many MTL fans on Andrighetto. But trading Beaulieu for a forward at this point wouldn't help us + could possibly create problems for the Habs at the expansion draft.

It's a no for me.

tjs*

Mar 18, 2016
If we move our two-way playoff beast (which thanks to the unfortunate resigning of Stamkos it looks like we'll have to) it'll be for cap space so taking back two lesser RFAs does nothing for us. We'd be looking for picks, prospects, and/or players with some time left on their ELCs.

Cenzo_

Dec 11, 2006
Montreal
Wait, Habs fans actually think this is bad for them? Yikes.

Wait, trading our former 1st round pick D who is developping every year, plays top 4ish with 1st pairing potential and our former 2nd pick who is developping really well for a caracter 3rd liner who can chip in in the top 6 is suppose to be a good trade?

The difference between Beaulieu and Killhorn is not Ghetto

HuGo Sham

MR. CLEAN-up ©Runner77
Apr 7, 2010
Montreal
Wait, Habs fans actually think this is bad for them? Yikes.

Beaulieu is still a young enough and talented enough PMD and ghetto has enough skill to tilt this in TB's favour. Personally I wouldn't do it because I'm afraid of what Beaulieu will develop into

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad