Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Lightning

Gustave

Feb 15, 2007
Here
Pax Eller 11
PAP Plek 27
DD DLR Weiss
8 Flynn Mtich

I'm not sure about Eller on first, that remains to be seen.

However, I'm wholeheartedly sure about DD on the wing. I think he becomes an asset on the wing. He can do a lot of good things, like shooting, when he doesn't have to carry the play. His D awareness his less of a factor and it eases the game for him.

Why the coaching staff doesn't see it is a mystery.

mus1cx

Oct 6, 2014
Toronto
I'm not sure about Eller on first, that remains to be seen.

However, I'm wholeheartedly sure about DD on the wing. I think he becomes an asset on the wing. He can do a lot of good things, like shooting, when he doesn't have to carry the play. His D awareness his less of a factor and it eases the game for him.

Why the coaching staff doesn't see it is a mystery.

Because 1C is a better role for PR and poster-boy duties

Hackett

BAKAMAN
Mar 4, 2002
Visit site
Habs will really need to make sure to dump pucks away from bishop. The vast majority of pucks that bishop played resulted in clean breakouts for Tampa last game.

In terms of transition, the habs were able to create multiple odd man opportunities in the first period but not so much after that. It kind of sums up the season series against them. Tampa has gotten stronger as the games go along. So its imperative to be opportunistic in the opening frame.

This is the friendliest setup against Tampa in terms of schedule. The first game was the tail end of a 6 games in 9 nights stretch. The last two games were the dreaded first game back from long road trips. The habs should be in a groove for this one, as they have been playing every other night since Tuesday, and this time, they aren't coming to Tampa at the end of a long trip.

bipolarhabfan

Sep 16, 2006
Burnaby, BC
Just win and give Price that much needed victory against the Bolts. The team has only scored three goals versus TB and no goals in five of the last six periods of play. Hope they can turn that around and put a few into the net.

Lshap

Hardline Moderate
Jun 6, 2011
Montreal
Well, at least the scales are slowly tipping in our favour.

Game-One against Tampa: 7-1 blowout.

Game-Two: 4-2 loss

Game-Three: 1-0 OT loss

Advanced-stats says Games Four and Five belong to us!

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Eller moving to the position he excels at... Good
DLR will be fine on the wing.
Man if Eller regains his mojo it will be huge!

ltpato

Feb 27, 2015
MTL
Well, at least the scales are slowly tipping in our favour.

Game-One against Tampa: 7-1 blowout.

Game-Two: 4-2 loss

Game-Three: 1-0 OT loss

Advanced-stats says Games Four and Five belong to us!

The score got closer (thanks to Price) but you were awfully dominated in all 3 games :/. So advanced stats says that you are wrong :(.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
Oups, it seems I stumbled upon the wrong thread.

I was looking for some discussion about the Montreal Canadiens and for whatever reason it seems this is a thread about the Montreal Ellers.

:sarcasm:

blarneylad

Feb 1, 2009

I was looking for some discussion about the Montreal Canadiens and for whatever reason it seems this is a thread about the Montreal Ellers.

If you stay a little longer it will deviate to DD I'm sure.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
pacioretty pleks parenteau
galchenyuk eller gallagher
dd de la rose smith pelly
prust flynn weise

markov subban
emelin petry
beaulieu pateryn/gilbert

price

peate

Smiley
Sponsor
Feb 16, 2007
The Island
prust flynn weise

markov subban
emelin petry
beaulieu pateryn/gilbert

price

These would be my choices as well, but it's way too logical for Therrien's simple-mindlessness.

Brainiac

Registered Offender
Feb 17, 2013
Montreal
These would be my choices as well, but it's way too logical for Therrien's simple-mindlessness.

My center line would still be Galchenyuk-Plekanec-Eller for now.

Galchenyuk has done well at center and it actually makes sense to shelter him a little while with Patches. Plek and Eller can take care of the other team's offense while fitting with our counterpunch type of game.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006

if anything, it shows how much faith posters put in some of our top6 players.

Rosso Scuderia

Jun 30, 2012
prust flynn weise

markov subban
emelin petry
beaulieu pateryn/gilbert

price

I don't think we absolutely need DLR on the 3rd line. He doesn't bring enough offense and we need offense from our top 9. I'd put DD as third center and DLR on the 4th.

Weise-DD-DSP could create some offense.

Habssince89

trolls to the IL
Sponsor
Apr 14, 2009
Vancouver, BC
best bright side is that if we win, not only do we not get swept but we have the last laugh. Should do a lot for the team if they can get the W

Takeru

Oct 6, 2014
best bright side is that if we win, not only do we not get swept but we have the last laugh. Should do a lot for the team if they can get the W

We still play them on the 30th. Two wins would be nice, I just hope we manage to win at least one of them.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Is it me or did Greg Pateryn look like a solid NHL defenseman last night? I also think MT really likes him...he may be in the line up for the forseable future!

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad