Pre-Game Talk: Habs @ Leafs - Season Opener

Status
Not open for further replies.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Is it really realistic to expect every person to have a smart phone? I know, it's 2021... but there are lots of some people who do not partake in the digital world like most of us do.
I think digital distribution is the right move, but the ticket owner should have the option to print.

I think most people have a smartphone or will go with someone who has one, I think the bigger barrier is that these tickets can not be viewed from an email. Unless I am missing something here, they require you to sign in to a Ticketmaster account to receive and view tickets.

They have eliminated the use of cash as well, only cards will be accepted. I don't understand the logic of this. Fewer interactions but let's crame the place to full capacity?

I really think that the Leafs didn't have enough time to send out tickets after the decision to allow full capacity so they rolled out this terrible decision instead.

Reactions: wingman75

ACC1224

Super Elite, Passing ALL Tests since 2002
Aug 19, 2002
First year
Is this the first season the team has used digital tickets exclusively? Can you still print them to scan at the door?
First year exclusively which sucks. Not sure but I imagine there is a way to print.

Reactions: wingman75

bbgobie

Sep 19, 2009
Better question. Why would anyone care?
I thought he looked extremely frustrated that he couldn't score pre-season. He missed on a number of chances and if I recall broke his stick during the last game in frustration.

It might be important to Marner to get his confidence up, to know he can produce on the PP. That his fluffmuffin shot can score on AHL/NHL goalies.

wingman75

Dec 3, 2008
The QC
Would love to see a 7 - 2 stomping... team is good enough to pull that off.
Expect an agonizing 3 - 2 OT final... win or loss... no idea.

Hope Mitch can play. We don't need our top two players on the shelf to start the season.

Really excited to see how the new faces perform (Bunting, Ritchie, Kase and Kampf). Also, what do the tried and true players bring to the table this season? Nylander and Rielly interest me the most other than the goaltenders.

I will have to dual screen tonight, no way I am missing the CMNT game; but Leafs will be on the big screen ;-)

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
I thought he looked extremely frustrated that he couldn't score pre-season. He missed on a number of chances and if I recall broke his stick during the last game in frustration.

It might be important to Marner to get his confidence up, to know he can produce on the PP. That his fluffmuffin shot can score on AHL/NHL goalies.

Where does this crazy notion that Marner can't score come from?

EVG 2021

1. Matthews - 31
2. McDavid - 24
3. DeBrincat - 22
4. Marchand - 22
5. Rantanen - 21
6. Marner - 20

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
$369/seat in the 300 level...JUST WOW!!!!
That's people with zero clue how the resale market works that didn't even check the availability of face value tickets. There's seats in the 300s for $144 face. Whoever is trying to sell for $369 a seat is going to be real disappointed at 6:59 pm.

Reactions: The Iceman

Fogelhund

Sep 15, 2007
upload_2021-10-13_14-36-13.jpeg

hamzarocks

Jul 22, 2012
Pickering, Ontario
Where does this crazy notion that Marner can't score come from?

EVG 2021

1. Matthews - 31
2. McDavid - 24
3. DeBrincat - 22
4. Marchand - 22
5. Rantanen - 21
6. Marner - 20
Maybe it's because he is 68th in the league in goals since 2016-2017 (his, Nylander and Matthews Rookie season) in all positions (has 103) and 93rd in Goals/Game (0.29)

He isn't a goal scorer and hasn't been during his first 5 years. That is fine as he's a top 5 playmaker in the game but overall his goal-scoring holds him back from being a Draisaitl level player. He gets 24 goals, if he got 40 along with 70+ assists, he'd be right there with Kucherov and Panarin in competition for the best winger in the game and a top 5ish player

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
don't see how anyone can get hype for this following last years trainwreck. never will be able to live that down. 1st MTL/TOR series in most of our lifetimes and don't see another one happening again now that the division are back to what they are.
Didnt you say you werent watching until the playoffs?

6ix

HitEmWit4LikeAustonM
Nov 26, 2014
That's people with zero clue how the resale market works that didn't even check the availability of face value tickets. There's seats in the 300s for $144 face. Whoever is trying to sell for $369 a seat is going to be real disappointed at 6:59 pm.

Usually those are the people that are going to the games, but they put them at a high price to see if anyone bites. If not they go to the game.

Reactions: ACC1224

Rob Brown

Way She Goes
Dec 17, 2009
Usually those are the people that are going to the games, but they put them at a high price to see if anyone bites. If not they go to the game.
I guess, just seems pretty lazy to put it $200 + ahead of face value seats. Not trying very hard.

notbias

Feb 16, 2017
Maybe it's because he is 71st in the league in goals since 2016-2017 (his, Nylander and Matthews Rookie season) he is 68th in Goals amongst all positions and 93rd in Goals/Game

He isn't a goal scorer and hasn't been during his first 5 years. That is fine as he's a top 5 play maker in the game but overall his goal scoring holds him back from being a Draisaitl level player. He gets 24 goals, if he got 40 along with 70+ assists, he'd be right there with Kucherov and Panarin in competition for the best winger in the game and a top 5ish player

A top 5 playmaker in the game also scores at a 1st line rate? What is the issue? He is 35th in EVG, which I believe is a better indicator since he is the distributor on the PP and not the trigger man. He is right around Barkov, Crosby, Zibanejad, Point, Ehlers, Stone, DeBrincat

The issue is he doesn't score on the PP, he is actually a very effective goal scorer.

Speaking of Draisaitl, check out his numbers if he didn't leech off the PP. He scored 15 without the PP last year. Being an effective player on the PP is great, I wish we had a better PP, but Marner's scoring ability is understated.

Notsince67

Papi and the Lamplighters
Apr 27, 2018
Totally psyched for the new season.
Lets go boys. Lets put 1.2% of the games into the win column and go 2 points up on the lightning! Easy money.

Reactions: Sypher04
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad