Post-Game Talk: Habs keep Ovi under 700 (4-3 OTW)

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Do people expect pro athletes not to compete for the sake of a better draft position?

Athletes become what they are by always giving it their best.

If you advocate tanking then I suggest you clamor for management to do it such as sitting Price on back to backs.

Reactions: Gravity

Tuggy

HFBoards Sponsor
Sponsor
Nov 26, 2003
Saint John
giphy.gif

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
This team cant even fail properly. And Clode still continues useless micro managing. Mid 1st round pick here we come :facepalm:

8-12 range pick if the players and management don't quit and keep trying hard. Could be a 6-10 range pick if they just chill for the rest of the season

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
8-12 range pick if the players and management don't quit and keep trying hard. Could be a 6-10 range pick if they just chill for the rest of the season
Tanking is a tough one...........players just don't want to do it...............better drafting sure could be the answer?

Anyhow, with MB in charge, we never really know what will happen...........frustrating for sure.

Habs Halifax

Loyal Habs Fan
Jul 11, 2016
East Coast
Tanking is a tough one...........players just don't want to do it...............better drafting sure could be the answer?

Anyhow, with MB in charge, we never really know what will happen...........frustrating for sure.

It's true, We have too many vets for them to just quit and tank. However, I do think their tires get deflated and they are uninspired here and there for the rest of the year.

Is there a star in that 6-12 range to be drafted? No idea. Honestly, I don't see it... very good talent that could be top 6F or top 4D.

With Bergevin or not, it's going to take a bit to keep drafting and hit that star. In the last 3 drafts, there are likely only a total of a half dozen stars at best.

A55P2

Jul 14, 2009
Québec, Québec
I just read that Danault thought the Lehkonen scratch meant he might be traded because it would "make no sense" otherwise. Gallagher also was surprised.

Still it seems it was Julien's decision and not MB. I think it's extremely telling when your own players openly mention that they don't understand the logic behind a move.

McHaBFan

Mar 23, 2019
Playoffs here we come!

Maybe. Leafs played well lastnight. But at the sametime it is difficult for any team to win back to back against the same opponent.

Leafs have a bunch of tough games coming up.

This will come down to the wire

McHaBFan

Mar 23, 2019
These stupid Fs just beat Washington in DC, after losing 4 out of 4 to the worst team in hockey. Those lost 8 points being between us and a play off spot.

Well thats a hell of a thing.

It has to do with how teams match up against each other.

leafs were a far better team last year and could not beat the Sens.

McHaBFan

Mar 23, 2019
Do people expect pro athletes not to compete for the sake of a better draft position?

Athletes become what they are by always giving it their best.

If you advocate tanking then I suggest you clamor for management to do it such as sitting Price on back to backs.

Losing on purpose is for losers! Except if you are the Pens...

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
If the habs could beat Detroit and New Jersey we'd be sitting pretty right now. It's all psychological

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018

Wow! What luxury! Weal, Cousins, Byron!

Notice those 4 should all be 4th liners. Lehkonen misses too many chances, Byron's too small to play with Suzuki or Domi, and Weal and Cousins are self-explanatory.

I would try Jake Evans ahead of them in the top 9 - and I would have signed a vet in the summer like Nyquist to fill the top 9 spot.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
It's true, We have too many vets for them to just quit and tank. However, I do think their tires get deflated and they are uninspired here and there for the rest of the year.

Is there a star in that 6-12 range to be drafted? No idea. Honestly, I don't see it... very good talent that could be top 6F or top 4D.

With Bergevin or not, it's going to take a bit to keep drafting and hit that star. In the last 3 drafts, there are likely only a total of a half dozen stars at best.
We need to find our Pastranak......real soon.

sheed36

Jan 8, 2005
No Man's Land
With Lehkonen and Mete out last night that Habs roster didn't have even 1 draft pick playing that was drafted during Bergevin's 8 years as the Habs GM. So much for Bergevin's plan when first hired of building though the draft I guess.

Also when is Drouin suppose to be back from his injury anyway? :sarcasm:

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad