Post-Game Talk: Habs keep Ovi under 700 (4-3 OTW)

VirginiaMtlExpat

Second most interesting man in the world.
Aug 20, 2003
Norfolk, VA
www.odu.edu
Holtby's confidence looks shot. I don't understand why the Caps coach does not play Samsonov more. He is obsessive about riding a wonky Holtby. I had him on my fantasy teams, and perversely, ESPN considered him undroppable until recently. Absolute boat anchor on my teams, while also being untradable.

Reactions: MarkovsKnee

Max2

Nov 17, 2013
it was automatically reviewed by the league...

Either they got it wrong or he hit the puck. If he hit the pad, this league (or the people who run it) is a just a really unfunny joke.
The league is definitely a joke.If that was a Leaf goalie it would've been waived off asap you can bet on it.

Reactions: McHaBFan

26Mats

Jun 23, 2018
It’s good that Toronto won tonight. We would have been only 6 points apart and still 2 more games against them.

The playoffs hope would have been very much alive.
as bad as we've played, it's amazing how we're still almost close. A good streak by us (not expecting it) and a bad streak by Florida and Toronto and we're actually back in it. Those Dallas and Detroit choke jobs were killers.

Reactions: Max2

A Loyal Dog

I love SlafCaulZuki (pronounced Slafkovsky). Woof!
Oct 20, 2016
I know Cousins and Weal have been overused for our liking. But Lehkonen scratched could also mean that Habs were showcasing Cousins and Weal.
The Habs could have all the 4th round picks in a draft, and not one single good player will come out of it.

Reactions: DAChampion

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Suzuki needs to battle harder. He is softer than my pillow along the boards. I know his fans boys are going to roast me for this but it is true.

He still needs to get a bit stronger. Didn't help that Kulak picked him on that play (Eller goal). Kulak had a chance to clear when Caps had an empty net and just gave the puck back.

He sucks.

Reactions: donghabs98

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
as bad as we've played, it's amazing how we're still almost close. A good streak by us (not expecting it) and a bad streak by Florida and Toronto and we're actually back in it. Those Dallas and Detroit choke jobs were killers.
It's pretty telling that had we simply swept Detroit this season we would be in the playoff picture. Never mind some of the choke jobs like the Dallas Game or the one against the Rangers in November.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
He still needs to get a bit stronger. Didn't help that Kulak picked him on that play (Eller goal). Kulak had a chance to clear when Caps had an empty net and just gave the puck back.

He sucks.
Kulak simply shouldn't be more than a depth player on a playoff team. He hasnt shown anything more than being able to handle that type of role on a consistent basis.

MarkovsKnee

Global Moderator
Nov 21, 2007
Toronto
Kulak simply shouldn't be more than a depth player on a playoff team. He hasnt shown anything more than being able to handle that type of role on a consistent basis.

Just checked and he played 27 minutes! Damn. lol

Our D really has no depth when a guy like Kulak plays that much. Now even Ouellet is out. Mete is out. Scandella was traded.

So we have:

Chiarot -- Weber
Kulak -- Petry
Alzner? -- Folin

Bergevin might need to make a trade simply because we don't have 6 D.

Reactions: donghabs98

JennyHockey

Feb 17, 2020
Just checked and he played 27 minutes! Damn. lol

Our D really has no depth when a guy like Kulak plays that much. Now even Ouellet is out. Mete is out. Scandella was traded.

So we have:

Chiarot -- Weber
Kulak -- Petry
Alzner? -- Folin

Bergevin might need to make a trade simply because we don't have 6 D.
Calling Alzner will do the job.

Omar

Oct 10, 2017
Something nobody is talking about- the last Habs win in regulation was February 1st!!! Every win since has been OT or SO. Not good for ROWs.

Ad

Upcoming events

• Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Real Madrid vs Cádiz
    Wagers: 5
    Staked: $4,740.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Monaco vs Clermont Foot
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $770.00