Speculation: Habs Interested in Colin White

dcyhabs

May 30, 2008
Montreal
Haven't you learned yet? This is Montreal. Centers disappear in the blink of an eye. Two years ago at this time, we were set at center. Suz, Danault, KK and Evans. What happened?

Also, that list you gave is deceptive. Wright goes back to the CHL and Poehling hasn't proved anything as an NHL centermen. So we're back to the precarious amount of centers. Four.
We have to hope that Hughes and Gorton will drag habs management back into real competence. The last offseason was a tire fire that just keeps on belching toxic smoke.

Poehling should probably play wing in any case.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
Not this year it doesn't.

Just need replacement level players while HUGO works on getting us back into shape.
It seems to me that if we trade multiple NHL roster players (with decent contracts) for an equal number of picks, and if it is true that each pick has only a percentage chance of becoming an NHL player, then trading guys with decent contracts only makes it HARDER for HUGO to get us back in shape.

malton

Feb 17, 2009
It seems to me that if we trade multiple NHL roster players (with decent contracts) for an equal number of picks, and if it is true that each pick has only a percentage chance of becoming an NHL player, then trading guys with decent contracts only makes it HARDER for HUGO to get us back in shape.
I would hope that they would use the extra picks as capital to acquire players that fit our timeline and new style.

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
I would hope that they would use the extra picks as capital to acquire players that fit our timeline and new style.
Understood, but those extra picks that we still have are assets already and could ALREADY be used to to acquire players and upgrade faster if we do not downgrade by making trades of multiple actual useful players in exchange for hoped-for useful players.

Now that's a general statement. Specific trade proposals should still be evaluated closely one by one.

Last edited:

Ad

Upcoming events

• Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Gold Coast Suns @ Brisbane Lions
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $36,790.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Cagliari vs Lecce
    Cagliari vs Lecce
    Wagers: 2