Pre-Game Talk: Habs in the Sens Den, Monday night 7:30 on TSN & RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pierre from Orleans

May 9, 2007
Hey guy,

Habs fan coming in peace!

We are 2 friends looking to come to your home tonight to be sure our has lose fair and square

We are looking for tickets and was wondering if it is easier to buy them at the door (legit or scalpers) or on the net before the game!?!

Also, if we leavin montreal at around 4h30/5h00pm will we still be stuck in traffic in your area?

Thank you!
Goodgame!
I'd leave Montreal around 645. You will make it in time. Best best would be to park at Baseline park and ride and catch the 95 Orleans to the arena. Buy from scalpers.

Back in Black

All Sports would be great if they were Hockey
Jan 30, 2012
In the Penalty Box
Hey guys, leavin montreal at around 4h30/5h00pm will we still be stuck in traffic in your area?
If you have a reliable GPS, I would recommend getting off at the Boundary Road exit, well before you even hit Downtown and avoid all the rush hour traffic. Either way, as you get close to Kanata, you will be stuck in traffic from every direction. I would leave earlier.

GO SENS GO!

Last edited:

PhysicX

Nov 17, 2010
MTL
Go easy on Montoya. You're good after 3 goals. We don't really score more than that.

DrunkUncleDenis

Condra Fan
Mar 27, 2012
Hey guy,

Habs fan coming in peace!

We are 2 friends looking to come to your home tonight to be sure our has lose fair and square

We are looking for tickets and was wondering if it is easier to buy them at the door (legit or scalpers) or on the net before the game!?!

Also, if we leavin montreal at around 4h30/5h00pm will we still be stuck in traffic in your area?

Thank you!
Goodgame!
I think there might be some sabotage by some posters here :laugh:

The trip from outer Montreal to Ottawa is like 1.5 hours, but with the weather today and the fact that you have to cross the entirely of Ottawa in rush hour to get to the west end arena, you'll want to leave by 4:30. You might be able to get away with leaving at 5pm depending where you start from.

And yes, you will absolutely get stuck in traffic when you hit the east end of the city. Count on 15 km of gridlock out to the arena.

Reactions: cedouimet

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
I think there might be some sabotage by some posters here :laugh:

The trip from outer Montreal to Ottawa is like 1.5 hours, but with the weather today and the fact that you have to cross the entirely of Ottawa in rush hour to get to the west end arena, you'll want to leave by 4:30. You might be able to get away with leaving at 5pm depending where you start from.

And yes, you will absolutely get stuck in traffic when you hit the east end of the city. Count on 15 km of gridlock out to the arena.

If you want to avoid the traffic just take the Quebec route through Gatineau, take the Champlain bridge, following the Sir John A Expressway and then enter the 417 through Woodroofe.

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Just heard a segment on TSN1200 about how Boucher stated that Mad Max won't play tonight cause he is nervous everytime he steps on the ice in the NHL.

Kind of a weird statement, no?? Why even call him up then?

Did I hear wrong? Can someone clarify exactly what he said?

solidprospect

Borveetzky
Sep 30, 2017
Just heard a segment on TSN1200 about how Boucher stated that Mad Max won't play tonight cause he is nervous everytime he steps on the ice in the NHL.

Just that he cant handle the puck or make plays as well as he does in the AHL up here. He gets pretty nervous for games apparently. They call up whoever deserves it the most not always the top prospect. But yeah, we're going with 11-7 vs the Habs.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
Will we still be avle to get there by 7h30? Never been to kanata before...
I just heard that traffic is insane

YES, the traffic is insane, at that time of the day.

I would also caution you NOT to park at the CTC, as it takes almost an hour to get out of the parking lot, and back on the 417.

I suggest you drive to Hurleys or another establishement, in Kanata, and take their shuttle bus to and from the game. Shuttle buses get ushered in, and ushered right out of the parking lot after the game ......... and will save you time and money.

I would suggest you call and find out what time you have to arrive, in order to take the Shuttle.

64 Stonehaven Dr, Kanata, ON K2M 2Y2
hurleysgrill.com
(613) 271-3073

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/45.3...d77b!2m2!1d-75.8571685!2d45.2914986!3e0?hl=en

starling

Nov 7, 2010
Ottawa

Pretty sure he won't play tonight because he's in Belleville and actually played in Manitoba this weekend.

Tnuoc Alucard

🇨🇦🔑🧲✈️🎲🥅🎱🍟🥨🌗
Sep 23, 2015
If you have a reliable GPS, I would recommend getting off at the Boundary Road exit, well before you even hit Downtown and avoid all the rush hour traffic. Either way, as you get close to Kanata, you will be stuck in traffic from every direction. I would leave earlier.

GO SENS GO!

This is an EXCELLENT suggestion, for someone coming from Montreal ..... and take Mitch Owens (#8) to the 416, and then to Kanata (Hurleys as I suggested)

https://www.google.ca/maps/dir/45.3...!2m2!1d-75.8571685!2d45.2914986!3e0!5i2?hl=en

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013

He said Max gets too nervous and has to learn how to manage his nerves, he coughs it up and has trouble holding on to the puck... I agree what's the point of calling him up..

Sensinitis

Aug 5, 2012
Mad Max shouldn't be recalled at this point... I mean he has 29 NHL games and still has nerves? It's definitely understandable but look at Chlapik who was carrying the puck through the neutral zone in his 1st game at 20 years old.

Next call-up should be Chlapik again, White, or Paul.

Burrowsaurus

Mar 20, 2013
Mad Max shouldn't be recalled at this point... I mean he has 29 NHL games and still has nerves? It's definitely understandable but look at Chlapik who was carrying the puck through the neutral zone in his 1st game at 20 years old.

There's something very strange with max. It's seems we call him up BECAUSE we think he's bad.

"You know what you get" it's strange. It's like when we kept calling up DZiurzinski

saskriders

Can't Hold Leads
Sep 11, 2010
Calgary
Why call up a good prospect to play just a hand full of minutes when they can play much more in Bellville? Give them the occasional taste of NHL life, but make sure they get plenty of time to develop.

Alex1234

Oct 14, 2014

Jim O'brien?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad