Pre-Game Talk: Habs in the Sens Den, Monday night 7:30 on TSN & RDS

Status
Not open for further replies.

BonkTastic

ಠ_ಠ
Nov 9, 2010
Parts Unknown
Also, Carey Price is the most overrated player in the NHL

Look, he's been bad this year, but that blueline in Montreal is an utter joke. The number of times the team in front of him has given up prime, juicy, high-conversion-rate scoring chances is flat-out inexcusable. It's not just Price.

And to think that at one point, I was scared of the future of Montreal's defensive core. Thanks for easing my concerns about that, Bergevin! :laugh:

Montreal is better than their record shows right now... but not by a whole lot. Blueline is unreliable, center depth is non-existent... this doesn't look like a playoff team. They've been unlucky in some regards this season so far, but I don't think the swing back to normalcy from a statistical perspective will get this team into the top-8 in the East.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009
Look, he's been bad this year, but that blueline in Montreal is an utter joke. The number of times the team in front of him has given up prime, juicy, high-conversion-rate scoring chances is flat-out inexcusable. It's not just Price.

And to think that at one point, I was scared of the future of Montreal's defensive core. Thanks for easing my concerns about that, Bergevin! :laugh:

Montreal is better than their record shows right now... but not by a whole lot. Blueline is unreliable, center depth is non-existent... this doesn't look like a playoff team. They've been unlucky in some regards this season so far, but I don't think the swing back to normalcy from a statistical perspective will get this team into the top-8 in the East.

Price to me has the Luongo tag of being the best but never doing anything to prove it.

Price had a brutal stretch last year, he has one every year where he can’t win any game, he cost them a playoff series versus us when we beat them the first time. IMO he’s not even the best goalie in his division, I’d take Andy over him every day.

Price doesn’t scare me as a goalie like Cujo, Roy, Belfour and that annoying kid in Pittsburg. When we play Montreal I’m not afraid of
Anything on their team and when we play them in the playoffs I know
We’ll score on Price.

Price is as overrated as Luongo
Was coming from Florida to Vancouver.

topshelf15

May 5, 2009
Going to be a tough game...MTL would like nothing better than to beat us, to quell their fans for a few days at least

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
Price to me has the Luongo tag of being the best but never doing anything to prove it.

Price had a brutal stretch last year, he has one every year where he can’t win any game, he cost them a playoff series versus us when we beat them the first time. IMO he’s not even the best goalie in his division, I’d take Andy over him every day.

Price doesn’t scare me as a goalie like Cujo, Roy, Belfour and that annoying kid in Pittsburg. When we play Montreal I’m not afraid of
Anything on their team and when we play them in the playoffs I know
We’ll score on Price.

Price is as overrated as Luongo
Was coming from Florida to Vancouver.

Cmon, I hate the Habs as much as anyone else, but to say that Price hasn't accomplished anything and that he is overrated is ridiculous. Price has had a bad start to the season, that's it. He definitely has his struggles against the Sens, and based on your comments, it appears as though the only time you watch Carey Price play is against Ottawa.

NyQuil

Big F$&*in Q
Jan 5, 2005
Ottawa, ON
Cmon, I hate the Habs as much as anyone else, but to say that Price hasn't accomplished anything and that he is overrated is ridiculous. Price has had a bad start to the season, that's it. He definitely has his struggles against the Sens, and based on your comments, it appears as though the only time you watch Carey Price play is against Ottawa.

I think he's a little overrated myself - at least in terms of his salary.

Those playoff numbers aren't otherworldly, and that's when you're supposed to earn your big salary as a goalie.

He's in that top tier of goalies in the league, but I don't think there's any kind of big separation there.

I guess it depends on how you believe he is rated.

At the same time, no other goalie has really stepped up to be "the" guy season in and season out.

Me saying this has guaranteed a shutout for the Habs.

Tuna99

Sep 26, 2009

Only 3-4 years ago many considered Quick the best in the NHL and his resume would prove that. Before that is was Lunqvist, Rinee, Luongo. Price I don’t think can be considered the best because he isn’t carrying his team. And top goalies do that.

Price is one of the top goalies, but he needs to actually win to prove thaT he’s the best. He was was outplayed by Lunqvist last season in round 1, Anderson outplayed him as well. His window is closing fast and it won’t be this year. To be the best you need to win in the playoffs

cedouimet

Aug 3, 2005
Hey guy,

Habs fan coming in peace!

We are 2 friends looking to come to your home tonight to be sure our has lose fair and square

We are looking for tickets and was wondering if it is easier to buy them at the door (legit or scalpers) or on the net before the game!?!

Also, if we leavin montreal at around 4h30/5h00pm will we still be stuck in traffic in your area?

Thank you!
Goodgame!

cedouimet

Aug 3, 2005
Will we still be avle to get there by 7h30? Never been to kanata before...
I just heard that traffic is insane

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Hey guy,

We are 2 friends looking to come to your home tonight to be sure our has lose fair and square

We are looking for tickets and was wondering if it is easier to buy them at the door (legit or scalpers) or on the net before the game!?!
Buying them before getting there, especially since most habs/sens games are sellouts, is definitely less stressful.

Also, if we leavin montreal at around 4h30/5h00pm will we still be stuck in traffic in your area?

Thank you!
Goodgame!
You would hit Ottawa around 7 coming from Montreal, and you will be absolutely stuck in traffic on the 417 if there is any slowdown, which is almost a certainty for a sens game night. If I were you I would leave a little bit earlier to be safe.

Will we still be avle to get there by 7h30? Never been to kanata before...
I just heard that traffic is insane

It's better than it used to be with the 417 expansion, but still gets slowdowns

Reactions: cedouimet

BatherSeason

Jun 16, 2009
Gatineau
to your home tonight to be sure our has lose fair and square

Only 3-4 years ago many considered Quick the best in the NHL and his resume would prove that. Before that is was Lunqvist, Rinee, Luongo. Price I don’t think can be considered the best because he isn’t carrying his team. And top goalies do that.

Price is one of the top goalies, but he needs to actually win to prove thaT he’s the best. He was was outplayed by Lunqvist last season in round 1, Anderson outplayed him as well. His window is closing fast and it won’t be this year. To be the best you need to win in the playoffs

Cmon, are you serious here?? Is your hatred of the Habs clouding your judgement? Price has carried this team for years and has covered up for some truly horrific roster deficiencies. He hasn't performed in the playoffs because his team stinks. His defence is terrible and they can't score any goals.

I am not a Habs fan, nor am I one of Carey Price, but the guy is definitely one of the best in the world and definitely not overrated. The only thing that has been overrated in Montreal over the past few seasons is the lineup that plays in front of Carey Price and the only reason that lineup was so overrated was because of Carey Price.

Now I HATE the Habs, so I won't be debating this any longer...lol

Sens of Anarchy

Jul 9, 2013
Oh, so Elite Prospects made a mistake displaying him as 1gp?
If you refer to the Belleville sens thread.... I mentioned it there... he was on the game sheet and it says he got 2 sog. I listened to the 3rd period , did not hear his name. Two other sources posted the lineup , that had Vaive in , and no White. The game sheet had White and no Vaive... so ... I am going with he is playing his first game Nov 1 :laugh:

Engineer

Rustled your jimmies
Dec 23, 2013
Belleville called up some guy Justin Vaive from ECHL and he wore #36. That's the number Colin White used to wear I think so it messed up the box score.

If you refer to the Belleville sens thread.... I mentioned it there... he was on the game sheet and it says he got 2 sog. I listened to the 3rd period , did not hear his name. Two other sources posted the lineup , that had Vaive in , and no White. The game sheet had White and no Vaive... so ... I am going with he is playing his first game Nov 1 :laugh:

hah okay makes sense, thanks!

Sun God Nika

Palestine <3.
Apr 22, 2013
Hey guy,

Thank you!
Goodgame!

Hey

It's ok to leave Montreal at 530pm for kanata you will get here in like an hour and a half also best bet would be to buy the tickets from scalpers when you get here

Spartachat

Aug 2, 2016
Ottawa
Hey guy,

Thank you!
Goodgame!

Hey

It's ok to leave Montreal at 530pm for kanata you will get here in like an hour and a half also best bet would be to buy the tickets from scalpers when you get here

If the scalpers aren't that great you could also just buy it from StubHub right before the game and show the ticket on your cell phone. It is a Monday game so tickets are way below face value.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad