Habs in Paris next year; what team could be a villain France/Paris/Francophonie could sink their teeth into?

RationalExpectations

May 12, 2019
Do you think there's enough people in Paris to go see the Habs with you? Good news is you'll get great seats!
Definitely not enough hockey fans, but enough people curious enough to come. It s also not far away from Germany, Switzerland and French hockey cities like Rouen Amiens and Grenoble (well I don t watch French hockey because pretty boring vs NHL)

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
You write frenchs act like turtles who skate away in defeat. They went thru wars not so long ago and they had plenty of terrorism acts on their soil. Canadians who never faced such ugly events have no idea. This is not nice that turtle comparaison. I agree with the no-go zones, it's well documented.

I can mock my own people all I want, don't let it offend you lol. You should see my family reunions !

Reactions: The Gr8 Dane

Film Noir

Mar 7, 2010
Verdun
I don't think so. They have the most players with francophone names. Parisians will be surprised to see players having french names who doesn't speak french. French people doesn't know much about hockey (they call it ice hockey, hockey sur glace) and their knowledge of America have serious flaws. They could hate the villain based on any influent person of their medias, that influent person will have fake news.

But it doesn't matter, it will be forgotten 3 days later. Parisians have plenty of problems to worry about.
Do you remember what France did to the monarchy?

Reactions: tinyzombies

habbubba

Jan 19, 2024
Molson wants to take the circus on the road? Paris of all places. Better to take this clown show on the road than concentrating and wanting to win a Stanley cup and try recruiting potential new fans that the provincial demagogue approves of. This clown show owner can pitch a huge circus tent besides the Eiffel tower in Champ de Mars and charge everyone up the wazoo while trying to pitch his pathetic products, how absolutely delightful, see you all there.

HabsKraut

Mar 5, 2004
Berlin, Germany
Do you think there's enough people in Paris to go see the Habs with you? Good news is you'll get great seats!
I'm quite sure there will be more Habs fans attenting from other European countries than from France itself. I'm most definitely be coming over from Berlin if I can get tickets. There will be plenty Germans, Czechs, Swedes, Finns, Swiss, Austrians etc. ...

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Molson wants to take the circus on the road? Paris of all places. Better to take this clown show on the road than concentrating and wanting to win a Stanley cup and try recruiting potential new fans that the provincial demagogue approves of. This clown show owner can pitch a huge circus tent besides the Eiffel tower in Champ de Mars and charge everyone up the wazoo while trying to pitch his pathetic products, how absolutely delightful, see you all there.
It's a rebuild.

schwang26

Mar 15, 2022
I thought about the same, but then, this would be a habs team in exhibition mode versus a french team that would do everything to win. I'm not sure it's that good an idea.
France can’t even qualify for most if any international tournaments. How will that be competitive at all? It would be a slaughter even with a training camp roster. And yes, cue the “Habs are so bad” jokes.

OnTheRun

/dev/null
May 17, 2014
France can’t even qualify for most if any international tournaments. How will that be competitive at all? It would be a slaughter even with a training camp roster. And yes, cue the “Habs are so bad” jokes.

This is very likely going to be part of the NHL Global Series, so it's going to be regular season games played in Europe. The only way the Habs end up playing a French team during this, is if they actually start the season in Europe (that game would count as a preseason game). But the 2025-26 season is too far away to tell at this point and we probably won't know until... March 2025.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
So I can tell you've never been lol. I can point out No Go zones in many major cities. Go to vancouver, take your family on a journey to E.Hastings, have fun with that amazing area. Paris, Berlin, Brussels, all have many well known -no go- zones.
Usually these "no-go zones" are just minority areas and/or working class areas and usually those areas are fine unless you wave jewels in the air. You could get jumped anywhere doing that. Tough working class areas- big deal. Ignorance is bliss tho.

xX SEYF Xx

Apr 5, 2022
Montreal
Coyotes!

Nobody likes or cares about coyotes

You cant have a favorable opinion about a coyote, we'd be the roadrunners

Perfect villain

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
Are you, cause it's exactly what i was doing with my post:laugh::laugh: du coup, puutain, t"es fragile mec

So fragile.

People call him out on his crap and his only response is to lash out.

He's full of shit. I love how 'he picked up his kid in Paris in December' and in the midst of that, he had all the time in the world to go to Paris and investigate all these no-go zones, right?

Talk about a guy who clearly just got deranged online. Or maybe his kid mouthed off to the wrong person and he got a response to it so now pauvre petit papa is mad at all of Paris over it.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
So fragile.

People call him out on his crap and his only response is to lash out.

He's full of shit. I love how 'he picked up his kid in Paris in December' and in the midst of that, he had all the time in the world to go to Paris and investigate all these no-go zones, right?

Talk about a guy who clearly just got deranged online. Or maybe his kid mouthed off to the wrong person and he got a response to it so now pauvre petit papa is mad at all of Paris over it.

Won't get to much into it, he says he was only making jokes cuz he himself or his family are French.....cool, but i always tought if you can make jokes you also should be able to take it when it's coming back at you.........that ''soy boy'' comment is pretty stupid tho. anyway, no big deal, not worth spending to much time on it

Ad

Upcoming events

• Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Toulouse vs Montpellier
    Wagers: 3
    Staked: $246.00
    Event closes
    • Updated:
  • Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Hoffenheim vs RB Leipzig
    Wagers: 4
    Staked: $8,351.00