Habs in Paris next year; what team could be a villain France/Paris/Francophonie could sink their teeth into?

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
First thing I thought of was Patriot Fries, but I don't think France really cares what rednecks in America think? I doubt they will care about Toronto or Boston, and I get the impression Parisians might root for NYC over us lol.

First of all, I don't think French people hate Americans. And despite certain media things you see, Americans generally have a favorable view of France as well.

But, I'm looking for an enemy here...

Last edited:
Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Kimota

ROY DU NORD!!!
Nov 4, 2005
Les Plaines D'Abraham
Dallas Stars I would think is pretty red neck. Or New York Rangers for the Americana hate. But Boston is the most obvious cause they always come off like villains. Their emblem is a big dangerous animal.

tinyzombies

Dec 24, 2002
Montreal, QC, Canada
Dallas Stars I would think is pretty red neck. Or New York Rangers for the Americana hate. But Boston is the most obvious cause they always come off like villains. Their emblem is a big dangerous animal.
Dallas is actually now a quite moderate city in a sea of red, but you don't have to tell them that. I guess Boston?

AlexGretzchenvid

Jan 19, 2013
I wonder if this means a big free agent signing or a big trade because sending the habs to Paris with this teams barring a development miracle by 4-5 players into stars next year is more of a show of force.

BLONG7

Oct 30, 2002
Nova Scotia
Visit site
Maybe let's just see them play in North America as per usual, and look back at what happened to the Sens by going to Europe to start their season, in October....
Yes, let's do that.....................and leave Paris, to the tourists....

Reactions: cphabs

MtlSars

Dec 9, 2016
Move the coyotes to Louisiana!!!!!!!!

Just give them the NY Rangers or something, they'll feel important

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
I'm Okay with With Euro intrest in NHL. Germany Swiss. Nordic.. etc. France I think Paris might prefer to see the Montreal Soccer(Footbal not Alourttes)l) team. I mean no dis-respecr.. at all. Hockey is Qiuebec's Game, but not so Much France..... R.

Reactions: cphabs

cphabs

The 2 stooges….
Dec 21, 2012
1710376152155.png

Ice Hogs from the AHL should stir up our so called “Parisians” inhabitants of Paris…

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
The Kings obviously.
I don't think so. They have the most players with francophone names. Parisians will be surprised to see players having french names who doesn't speak french. French people doesn't know much about hockey (they call it ice hockey, hockey sur glace) and their knowledge of America have serious flaws. They could hate the villain based on any influent person of their medias, that influent person will have fake news.

But it doesn't matter, it will be forgotten 3 days later. Parisians have plenty of problems to worry about.

Reactions: Kimota

Spring in Fialta

A malign star kept him
Apr 1, 2007
Montreal, QC
whatever team has the most Cajuns or players that like to turtle, skate away in defeat

have you been there lately? There's like 10 No-go zones for the french, its very very... unfrench these days lol.

Have YOU been there lately? Cause you sound of full of shit and not aware of what Paris is actually like.

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Have YOU been there lately? Cause you sound of full of shit and not aware of what Paris is actually like.

Yes, picked up my kid there in Dec. I have immediate family all over the region. Are you butthurt like this all the time? Do you need a scream pillow or something to vent your anger?

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
Yes, picked up my kid there in Dec. I have immediate family all over the region. Are you butthurt like this all the time? Do you need a scream pillow or something to vent your anger?
You write frenchs act like turtles who skate away in defeat. They went thru wars not so long ago and they had plenty of terrorism acts on their soil. Canadians who never faced such ugly events have no idea. This is not nice that turtle comparaison. I agree with the no-go zones, it's well documented.

Reactions: teamfirst

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad