Habs in Paris next year; what team could be a villain France/Paris/Francophonie could sink their teeth into?

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Usually these "no-go zones" are just minority areas and/or working class areas and usually those areas are fine unless you wave jewels in the air. You could get jumped anywhere doing that. Tough working class areas- big deal. Ignorance is bliss tho.
lol, wow.

So fragile.

People call him out on his crap and his only response is to lash out.

He's full of shit. I love how 'he picked up his kid in Paris in December' and in the midst of that, he had all the time in the world to go to Paris and investigate all these no-go zones, right?

Talk about a guy who clearly just got deranged online. Or maybe his kid mouthed off to the wrong person and he got a response to it so now pauvre petit papa is mad at all of Paris over it.

You ok? Need a hug?

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
I don't think anybody in Paris gives a shit...

I’m being completely serious here… does anyone in QC give a shit either? I mean, I get it… I’m in Toronto, but I just want to see some good hockey and hopefully some wins next year.

I dunno, this just smells like cash grab and marketing nonsense in a country (city) where nobody knows anything about the sport and it’s significance to the city of Montreal, let alone the rest of Canada.

Maybe it’s just me. If they want to do this sort of thing, make it an exhibition tournament in the summer or something.

Reactions: Habs13

Habs13

Dec 30, 2004
Montreal
I’m being completely serious here… does anyone in QC give a shit either? I mean, I get it… I’m in Toronto, but I just want to see some good hockey and hopefully some wins next year.

I dunno, this just smells like cash grab and marketing nonsense in a country (city) where nobody knows anything about the sport and it’s significance to the city of Montreal, let alone the rest of Canada.

Maybe it’s just me. If they want to do this sort of thing, make it an exhibition tournament in the summer or something.
I fully agree

Reactions: sandviper

SteveMegz

Aug 2, 2022
So I can tell you've never been lol. I can point out No Go zones in many major cities. Go to vancouver, take your family on a journey to E.Hastings, have fun with that amazing area. Paris, Berlin, Brussels, all have many well known -no go- zones.
"No-go zones" are right wing buzzwords completely devoid of any sensible meaning.

Asinine posts on top of asinine retorts.

"lol" is right, mate.

Naslundforever

43-67-110
Aug 21, 2015
Mtl-LA = 6h 15 min flight
Mtl-Paris - 7h

What will the boys do those 45 minutes? People are worried about the strangest things for the life of me I can’t figure it out.

God forbid the boys might bond over it, live something cool, or the team use it as a fun marketing bit. Their season (I’ll say it - potentially lives gulp) could be ruined.

Imagine going to a country on a plane.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land

Or maybe this is just what NHL can do now. Hockey can have more visibility. NBA is very popular in France, why not hockey? If they feel there was some positive feed back, maybe a tournament in various places in europe later, I don't know, I'm not marketing expert.

Why hockey isn't knowned or popular in France, except maybe in french Alps? The answer is maybe advertise, visibility and a talk about it in the medias. Sometimes it works, like what happen with advertising.

teamfirst

Oct 28, 2016
that would be the second time Habs play in paris, they played 3 games in 1938 part of an 9 games series against Detroit.....Habs won it 5-3-1, and no i wasn't born yet:laugh:

Jabba11

Hockey Lobby
Nov 28, 2009
hockeylobby.blogspot.com
Choices for me would be Pittsburgh (Sidney Crosby speaks french) or Chicago (Connor Bedard sounds french). 2 teams with great marketing players and that the Habs can beat. Boston is to good and we need les Parisiens to support our team.

And the NHL needs to promote the series well with Emily in Paris actress. Merci

sandviper

No Ragrets
Jan 26, 2016
Toronto
Or maybe this is just what NHL can do now. Hockey can have more visibility. NBA is very popular in France, why not hockey? If they feel there was some positive feed back, maybe a tournament in various places in europe later, I don't know, I'm not marketing expert.

Why hockey isn't knowned or popular in France, except maybe in french Alps? The answer is maybe advertise, visibility and a talk about it in the medias. Sometimes it works, like what happen with advertising.

I’m all for growing the game but you can’t compare hockey to basketball. It’s not even close. Basketball is so much bigger than hockey period and they can take risks as the game is accessible.

Hockey not so much. Expensive to get into the sport, let alone play at a high level, and even for people who want to just play pond hockey, it has to be cold enough to play on the pond.

I think the money and energy in Paris for the NHL could be better placed in a more established hockey market in Europe. Heck, i would have a game outdoors in the Swiss Alps. That backdrop alone would get TV ratings.

Anyhow, whatever. I don’t care either way though I do think the idea of having an enemy for France to hate is ridiculous. If anything, I can see them hating on the Habs and rooting for Boston. I got no basis for that argument but it would be hilarious if it played out this way.

Reactions: Catanddogguitarrr

Colezuki

Apr 27, 2009
Toronto
I may be wrong, but wouldn't Ottawa or LA be a good fit,
LA - Francophone players (danault and Dubois)
Ott - in a french speaking region with Gatineau, both of which are covered by the MTL French media

CHwest

Talent sets the floor, character sets the ceiling.
May 24, 2011
"No-go zones" are right wing buzzwords completely devoid of any sensible meaning.

Asinine posts on top of asinine retorts.

"lol" is right, mate.
dear gawd....
Oh No Emoticon

heyfolks

Apr 30, 2007
Quebec .... the winner of the international Pee Wee Tourney will face off against the Habs.

Catanddogguitarrr

Jul 3, 2016
Nowhere land
I’m all for growing the game but you can’t compare hockey to basketball. It’s not even close. Basketball is so much bigger than hockey period and they can take risks as the game is accessible.

Hockey not so much. Expensive to get into the sport, let alone play at a high level, and even for people who want to just play pond hockey, it has to be cold enough to play on the pond.

I think the money and energy in Paris for the NHL could be better placed in a more established hockey market in Europe. Heck, i would have a game outdoors in the Swiss Alps. That backdrop alone would get TV ratings.

Anyhow, whatever. I don’t care either way though I do think the idea of having an enemy for France to hate is ridiculous. If anything, I can see them hating on the Habs and rooting for Boston. I got no basis for that argument but it would be hilarious if it played out this way.
Basketball it have to do with it's easyer to play anywhere, it's cheaper, more accessible. France have few players in nba, they treat them as stars. NHL have a long way before getting popular in France.

As for the enemy to hate, I have no clue and it's not the most interresting point in this thread. Kindda ridiculous but it's part of the thread, so that's ok.

rik schau

It'll get ya where ya wanna go.........eventually.
Mar 1, 2021
Rubibi
Paris is lovely, some areas no and overcrowded, but some very nice architecture and museums. Just need to know where to go and what to see, it's highly recommended and should be on everyone's bucket list.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad