News Article: Habs Have Given Permission to Florida to Speak with Scott Mellanby (Sean Burke Also Interviewed)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
Doubt it. Dudley made a lot of mistakes here

I was being sarcastic.

But in all seriousness, do we really know what the Dudleys and Mellanbys of this organization have done? For all we know, they either talked MB into making a good move or talked him out of a bad one. The only Assistant GM whose work we can gauge is Timmins for the amateur draft. Truthfully, we don't really know what contributions Mellanby and Dudley have made.

Losing Mellanby may actually be losing a voice of reason.

I'm not saying they should hold onto him. I'm just saying that we don't really know what we're ready to say good-bye to.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
I was being sarcastic.

But in all seriousness, do we really know what the Dudleys and Mellanbys of this organization have done? For all we know, they either talked MB into making a good move or talked him out of a bad one. The only Assistant GM whose work we can gauge is Timmins for the amateur draft. Truthfully, we don't really know what contributions Mellanby and Dudley have made.

Losing Mellanby may actually be losing a voice of reason.

I'm not saying they should hold onto him. I'm just saying that we don't really know what we're ready to say good-bye to.
He didn't help the franchise improve is what I see

Adam Michaels

Jun 12, 2016
Montreal
He didn't help the franchise improve is what I see

He's been heavily involved in Laval. While MB is technically the GM of both the Habs and the Rocket. Mellanby has been more focused on Laval, particularly the last two years when Bouchard came in.

Anthony Marcotte one day Tweeted that he had seen Marc Andre Bereron at Place Bell with Mellanby, in connection with the ECHL team in Trois-Rivieres, which gives you an idea that Mellanby is most likely running point there.

Jul 6, 2016
If he gets the job it's too bad the panthers don't have any RFA's MB could offer sheet to help his buddy out like he did with Dudley.

Maybe (IF he got the job)... he can trade Huberdeau to MTL for Domi or Tatar or Drouin....:naughty::sarcasm:.... Or he will try to get rid of Matheson, a Montreal born guy ?

Captain Mountain

Formerly Captain Wolverine
Jun 6, 2010
Maybe (IF he got the job)... he can trade Huberdeau to MTL for Domi or Tatar or Drouin....:naughty::sarcasm:.... Or he will try to get rid of Matheson, a Montreal born guy ?

He'll probably try to get rid of Matheson, because he sucks and has an awful contract.

Reactions: montreal

Kobe Armstrong

Jul 26, 2011
NHL got rid of the compensation rule for coaches and GMs right???

God it was a stupid rule but it would be sweet to get a free 3rd from Florida and get rid of Mellanby. 2 birds with one stone.

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
But in all seriousness, do we really know what the Dudleys and Mellanbys of this organization have done? ....

That's the biggest X-Factor. It's difficult for Habs fans to ascribe particular blame since we're not privy to behind the scenes decision-making and specific roles. However, given the Habs record since Bergevin has been GM, his minions are not likely to get any sympathy or the benefit of the doubt.

Reactions: Grate n Colorful Oz
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad