Habs get crushed in the shark tank.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
I'll start worrying if we play this bad vs. Eastern teams. It takes time for chemistry to develop. Heck it took Ryder a solid 10 games to get his game going in MTL last year before he decided to disappear for good. We'll be fine. We just need to find the right combinations.

And if this road trip taught me anything is that it doesn't matter how great Galchenyuk becomes, or how amazing Subban is...this team lives and dies with Carey Price. There are other key factors but at the end of the day he isn't just a goalie for us, he gives confidence to our d and our forwards. Price is the biggest acquisition this team can make following the deadline.

HABS win CUPS*

No, the goalie always gets a chance to play the puck on those types of plays. Budaj screwed up, not the ref.

yep Budaj is EXPECTED to play that puck actually the opposing team had no players close to him when the shot hit him so he should be prepared to dish it off to a defenseman

Born in 1909

Hockey Royalty
Nov 20, 2007
Montreal
I'll start worrying if we play this bad vs. Eastern teams. It takes time for chemistry to develop. Heck it took Ryder a solid 10 games to get his game going in MTL last year before he decided to disappear for good. We'll be fine. We just need to find the right combinations.

And if this road trip taught me anything is that it doesn't matter how great Galchenyuk becomes, or how amazing Subban is...this team lives and dies with Carey Price. There are other key factors but at the end of the day he isn't just a goalie for us, he gives confidence to our d and our forwards. Price is the biggest acquisition this team can make following the deadline.

#%!*^%# Olympics. :shakehead

Finnhabs

Mar 8, 2014
Turku, Finland

First 10 games for us last season 3g7a, not too shabby if you think his game wasnt there ;)....didnt make points in the first two games though. Also worth mentionin he did only 1g2a in the last 10 regular season games. So he got goin pretty fast for us and then vanished from the picture.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
3 - 3 - 1 post olympic's. 0 wins in regulation in those 7 games. Not expecting much change in terms of player usage and deployment from MT, so I'd hazard a guess that .500 the rest of the way is about what we'll see.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
First 10 games for us last season 3g7a, not too shabby if you think his game wasnt there ;)....didnt make points in the first two games though. Also worth mentionin he did only 1g2a in the last 10 regular season games. So he got goin pretty fast for us and then vanished from the picture.

Yeah I remember those first few games. He was racking up the assists but we wasn't really a factor (well as much as a factor Ryder can be). I don't think Vanek fits with Pleks tbh. He more of a finesse type of guy and that suits Galchenyuk or even Desharnais better.

Markov4Captain

Dec 29, 2009
Montreal, QC
yea not like Tavares was leading the Isles to the playoffs even - Habs are getting killed right now by the Price injury from the olympic games

I just hope he's back soon

I just hope they don't rush him. As much as getting home ice for round 1 is important, I rather have Price at 100% going into the post-season. Groin injuries are tricky, especially for goalies. You can re-aggravate them so easily, hopefully Habs don't rush him. I'd honestly give Dubnyk a shot.

Finnhabs

Mar 8, 2014
Turku, Finland
Yeah I remember those first few games. He was racking up the assists but we wasn't really a factor (well as much as a factor Ryder can be). I don't think Vanek fits with Pleks tbh. He more of a finesse type of guy and that suits Galchenyuk or even Desharnais better.

He will, just remove the freakin Gionta from the line and put some chemistry into the line provided by Briere. Why the **** therrien must be so stubborn :shakehead
Line would then include three people who can pass AND score.

TennisMenace

Jul 3, 2008
Buffalo
I did read this thread, but people are upset with Vanek ?

I don't think so. Maybe in jest, but that's about all.

Heck, I can't blame Vanek for not doing much in those first two games. He has to be in shock plus playing out on coast. Not to mention he isn't paired with the most creative linemates in the NHL.

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I just hope they don't rush him. As much as getting home ice for round 1 is important, I rather have Price at 100% going into the post-season. Groin injuries are tricky, especially for goalies. You can re-aggravate them so easily, hopefully Habs don't rush him. I'd honestly give Dubnyk a shot.

Forget home ice, if he doesn't come back soon they'll be fighting for a playoff spot, 10 point cushion or not.

Stripper

Mar 4, 2013
Forget home ice, if he doesn't come back soon they'll be fighting for a playoff spot, 10 point cushion or not.

I'd rather see the habs fight off a playoff spot with him than bring him too early, stay high in the conference, and lose him in the first round of the playoffs #2013again

habitue*

3 - 3 - 1 post olympic's. 0 wins in regulation in those 7 games. Not expecting much change in terms of player usage and deployment from MT, so I'd hazard a guess that .500 the rest of the way is about what we'll see.

Who was in goal for the Habs ?

Ohhh, Budaj, the backup goalie + Tokarski, an AHL goalie....

3-3-1 is pretty good under those circumstances. + It was 7 games in 11 days played at opposite ends of the continent.

Now, if Vanek can get a couple of good practices with his linemates, it might help, don't you think ?

Habsawce

Nov 16, 2010
Canada
I'd rather see the habs fight off a playoff spot with him than bring him too early, stay high in the conference, and lose him in the first round of the playoffs #2013again

I don't have a lot of faith in the playoffs no matter who they play, besides maybe Boston or the Rangers. Therrien as the coach will ensure that everything is harder than it needs to be and the playoffs will magnify that.

Habit11

Dec 18, 2009
Who was in goal for the Habs ?

Ohhh, Budaj, the backup goalie + Tokarski, an AHL goalie....

3-3-1 is pretty good under those circumstances. + It was 7 games in 11 days played at opposite ends of the continent.

Now, if Vanek can get a couple of good practices with his linemates, it might help, don't you think ?

What was the Habs' record say since December 1 to the break with a healthy Price? 17 - 14 - 1. Barely above .500. That's what this team is unfortunately.

habitue*

What was the Habs' record say since December 1 to the break with a healthy Price? 17 - 14 - 1. Barely above .500. That's what this team is unfortunately.

What is the number of Stanley Cups this team has won in his history ?

How many since 1993 ?

We can go on forever with the sampling.

PricerStopDaPuck

Jun 30, 2012
It's ok. The Leafs have 3 games in 4 nights vs La,San Jose, and Anaheim, I doubt they win one of those games that will give us a bit of a cushion.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
Lol, no wonder that west is superior to east if every east team has a schedule like ours or Torontos against the top teams in west :laugh:....

Seriously. And I heard that the teams don't even fly into SJ and Anaheim. The cities are an hour bus ride from the airports.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad