HF Habs: Habs game of the decade?

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
I disagree.

But I’ve discussed this more than I care to. It’s a what if. I think we’d have won that series for sure.
No offense. Therrien out coached. MacDonough played like a Norris trophy winner. My recollections.

With a healthy Hasek-like Price the very next season the Habs barely beat the Sens and went out 2nd round.

Last edited:

sharks9

Jan 16, 2012
Canada
2014 Game 7 vs. Boston for me, such an intense series and then to have Brière score the insurance goal right off Chara's skate was a thing of beauty

Reactions: Lafleurs Guy

llamateizer

Mar 16, 2007
Montreal
Bell Centre was rocking - games 6 vs WSH:

I was at that game, I was about not to go. Honestly, nothing beat that until now. (maybe my kids birth... )
My tinnitus started few days before (still on today), I was anxious going to the game.
The doctor said f*** no, you go to the game, just wear ear protection. :)

Reactions: LeHab

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Well, most players actually have a 4-5 year prime, thats what Subban had.
and then there is an athlete like Chara who plays great for 12 more years after his prime..... on the top pair in a Cup run to the finals.

Wonder how Subban will be playing in 12 years :laugh:............ or 12 months.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Neither did Pk
You watch him play in the last year? Preds didnt trade him for a bag of pucks because he was playing well.

Bergeron almost got hung for trading him for Weber !

Poile traded him for nothing and the fans gave a collective "good move"

Deluded Puck

Jun 17, 2013
London, UK
You watch him play in the last year? Preds didnt trade him for a bag of pucks because he was playing well.

He was effectively traded for Matt Duchene really.

same way Bergevin effectively traded Lars Eller for Andrew Shaw.

Scintillating10

Jun 15, 2012
Nova Scotia

Subban at 30 shouldn't be as bad as he is in Jersey. It is like Kovalchuk in LA, he is in bad fit. Subban was our best player in playoffs '14. Had a good '11 playoffs and was our best D as a rookie in '10 playoffs. Other than Taveres, Subban was Canada's best player when World Junior was in Ottawa. He has won a Norris and was on First All-star team twice, 2nd all star team 3 times. He is not this bad at 30. There is too much there. Like for Richardson and Weber work with him. Think he could still be a top 4 defenseman. If I could get him for nothing, just take on his contract. I would take the gamble. I am quite sure it will be a positive. Also allows Petry trade for big haul. Not concerned with what posters think of him. They hated the Weber trade at time and now love it. They also wanted no part of Kovalchuk before we signed him, said he was done. Now, want him signed.

PaulD

Time for a new GM !
Feb 4, 2016
Dundas
Subban at 30 shouldn't be as bad as he is in Jersey. It is like Kovalchuk in LA, he is in bad fit. Subban was our best player in playoffs '14. Had a good '11 playoffs and was our best D as a rookie in '10 playoffs. Other than Taveres, Subban was Canada's best player when World Junior was in Ottawa. He has won a Norris and was on First All-star team twice, 2nd all star team 3 times. He is not this bad at 30. There is too much there. Like for Richardson and Weber work with him. Think he could still be a top 4 defenseman. If I could get him for nothing, just take on his contract. I would take the gamble. I am quite sure it will be a positive. Also allows Petry trade for big haul. Not concerned with what posters think of him. They hated the Weber trade at time and now love it. They also wanted no part of Kovalchuk before we signed him, said he was done. Now, want him signed.
Loved his play in the 011 Bruins and the 014 one. Loved him in Hamilton too. Seen him play live form the front row.

Watch him play now . Jersey in a "bad fit" is not what makes him fat and slow.

He was not too good last season before the trade either.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad