Habs Fans Shouldn’t Sleep On Louis Leblanc

LastWordArmy

Sep 11, 2011
Canada
http://lastwordonsports.com/habs-fans-shouldnt-sleep-on-louis-leblanc

Habs Fans Shouldn’t Sleep On Louis Leblanc
When the Montreal Canadiens made Louis Leblanc one of the first cuts of their 2013 training camp, many fans and analysts assumed that the 2009 first round pick was in the organization’s bad books, and that his chances of having an NHL career with the Habs were dwindling fast. There were even some who were calling the 22-year-old a “first round bust."

DJ Breadman

Jan 18, 2011
Newfoundland
He will never be anything other then a 4th liner, maybe 3rd like chipchura and d'agostini and these sorts of guys who are still kicking around the league, shame that he was drafted cause he was french

Frozenice

No Reverse Gear
Jan 1, 2010
That article either lost something in translation or my English is no longer with it.

GeneralMarky79

Sep 25, 2007
PEI
It is very encouraging to hear good news on louie! I have all the confidence in the world that he will be our 3rd line RW of the future. Keep it up Lou. Hope to see you this year after Bourque and Gionta get traded.

ourobouros

Sep 29, 2009
He will never be anything other then a 4th liner, maybe 3rd like chipchura and d'agostini and these sorts of guys who are still kicking around the league, shame that he was drafted cause he was french

This doesnt make sense. The fans, including the francophone, appreciate a winning team. And on top of that, can you imagine Timmins and Gainey choose local talent before "pure" talent? Anybody who knows how much those people work hard to built the best team possible can answer yes to this question.

Player 61

#Winning
Aug 4, 2007
West Island
When the issue persists over 2 management teams, then perhaps the issue is the guy himself?

I don't know sometimes guys from Montreal Just can't handle it here. Perhaps cutting the losses and breaking ties is the best for everyone... sometimes. :shakehead

LeHab

Aug 31, 2005
At best he will turn into yet another 0.5 pts per game player of which we already have too many. Perhaps he will be less expensive ...

BaseballCoach

Dec 15, 2006
At best he will turn into yet another 0.5 pts per game player of which we already have too many. Perhaps he will be less expensive ...

No team has enough 0.5 ppg players..... if they are defensively responsible.

Smokey Thompson

May 8, 2013
This doesnt make sense. The fans, including the francophone, appreciate a winning team. And on top of that, can you imagine Timmins and Gainey choose local talent before "pure" talent? Anybody who knows how much those people work hard to built the best team possible can answer yes to this question.

Yes because passing on a 6'3 winger who happens to be the fastest skater of the draft for a frail 6' winger with confidence issues is working hard to build the best possible team.

Gally11

Sep 20, 2010
Toronto

Have you ever really looked at 2009 draft.. Not really one for the ages :laugh:

Habs

We should have drafted Michkov
Feb 28, 2002
Doesn't have enough in the toolbelt to take anyone's spot. lacks toughness/physical play and really doesn't do one thing particularly well enough to steal a position any time soon. So he won't be taking out a player like White/Moen/Parros ... and it appears Briere/King David can't lose their jobs... so .. don't see where he fits.

LyricalLyricist

Aug 21, 2007
Montreal
I think in the future he's a good winger for the 3rd line with Eller and perhaps someone like Gallagher. They'd win every single board battle I think.

Draft

Jan 23, 2013
Since when is great defensive play, being a high-end possession player, being capable offensively, having a great and consistent on-ice work ethic, and decent size not enough for a third line player?

I'd pretty confidently take him over Bourque on our third line if he continues playing like he has.

SirClintonPortis

ProudCapitalsTraitor
Mar 9, 2011
Maryland native
Leblanc showed some great effort during his brief call up this season and played like a man on a mission. Hope he has gotten everything together. If he's a .5 PPG in the NHL and is great defensively and on the PK, he'll be a useful asset.

25get

Nov 15, 2012
Montreal

otto bond

Jan 8, 2007
Yes because passing on a 6'3 winger who happens to be the fastest skater of the draft for a frail 6' winger with confidence issues is working hard to build the best possible team.

That's to easy, you have to look at a player and project what he can become. With out saying he was the right choice, there been bad big player drafty.

DAChampion

May 28, 2011
I really can't stand retroactive drafters.

"Why didn't we draft Shea Weber in 2003 !"
"Why didn't we draft Travis Zajac in 2004 !"
"Why didn't we draft Jamie Benn in 2007 !"
"Why didn't we draft Chris Kreider in 2009 !"

I actually remember the 2009 draft coverage. Fans were talking about Jordan Shroeder, not Chris Kreider. If it were Shroeder doing better than Leblanc they would have an actual point.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad