Habs Dump Therrien on Valentine's Day; Go Back To Their Ex (mod warning post #47)

Jul 6, 2016
I'm by no means an expert on coaching but would have preferred Gallant despite the uproar by some it would cause.

The guy did last only two seasons in Florida... Why ? He was supposed to be LOVED by all his players... Love is not everything.

He is a good assistant coach. Not more.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Why do people act like it's a good thing to have a coach we've never had before? Who cares? I'm not an expert on coaching but CJ is widely considered one of the elite coaches of the league and I think it's fair to say he's likely learned a ton from 10 years and a Cup in Boston. Why would Hartley have been a better option? Has he even been mentioned as going somewhere after being fired by Calgary?

The fact that we acted a year too late has nothing to do with Julien's abilities.
He wasn't available then Boucher was.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal
Boucher's style would have bored you to death.

I think Boucher can easily play more than one style.
I was impressed with his appearance in The Spengler two years ago.
His game was far from boring.
It's not the NHL but they are still Pro's.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
"Mistakes are a part of the game sometimes, and you look at what kind of mistake it is. But you also have to, with younger players and certain players, you gotta have some patience."

“This is the new NHL where—with the salary cap and everything else—you have young players in your lineup. Part of it is: if you want them to be better, you have to live with some of those mistakes.â€

These are such refreshing words to hear from our coach.

JCR

Mar 21, 2016
Yessssss, 1 of the 3 stooges finally gone...but we still have the other 2, very unfortunately!!!

Miller Time

Sep 16, 2004
"Mistakes are a part of the game sometimes, and you look at what kind of mistake it is. But you also have to, with younger players and certain players, you gotta have some patience."

“This is the new NHL where—with the salary cap and everything else—you have young players in your lineup. Part of it is: if you want them to be better, you have to live with some of those mistakes.â€

Indeed

Jul 6, 2016
from panthers fans it seems to be a strange move from the GM.

wasn't boring in Hamilton

Florida is now going full speed.... Of course it helps with Huberdeau and Barkov back in the line up.

Gallant is a players' coach Very soft and friendly with them. That doesn't last long., like Blysma in Pittsburg.

Apoplectic Habs Fan

Aug 17, 2002
Florida is now going full speed.... Of course it helps with Huberdeau and Barkov back in the line up.

Gallant is a players' coach Very soft and friendly with them. That doesn't last long., like Blysma in Pittsburg.

Anyone with a clue knows it had nothing to do with Gallant and everything to do with the power struggle in FLA

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I think Boucher can easily play more than one style.
I was impressed with his appearance in The Spengler two years ago.
His game was far from boring.
It's not the NHL but they are still Pro's.

He plays probably then most boring 1-3-1 I've seen in this day and age. Every game I've seen him coach, the team just sits back and waits for the opposing team to fall into the trap and capitalize on it if they can. I'll never forget that Philly/ Tampa game where Philly just stood in their own zone and passed the puck to each other or just didn't move and St. Louis looked at Boucher and said "What do you want me to do?" Saw Boucher doing the same thing yesterday against the Leaf's. If you want boring hockey, Guy Boucher is your guy.

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
He plays probably then most boring 1-3-1 I've seen in this day and age. Every game I've seen him coach, the team just sits back and waits for the opposing team to fall into the trap and capitalize on it if they can. I'll never forget that Philly/ Tampa game where Philly just stood in their own zone and passed the puck to each other or just didn't move and St. Louis looked at Boucher and said "What do you want me to do?" Saw Boucher doing the same thing yesterday against the Leaf's. If you want boring hockey, Guy Boucher is your guy.

I think Boucher can coach in several styles, depending on his players. Winning trumps boring by the way.

Lafleurs Guy

Guuuuuuuy!
Jul 20, 2007

Definitely.

nhlfan9191

Aug 4, 2010
I think Boucher can coach in several styles, depending on his players. Winning trumps boring by the way.

We have a coach that can that can win without taking it to that extreme.. Teams would kill to have a coach like ours now, how many were lining up for Boucher?

groovejuice

Without deviation progress is not possible
Jun 27, 2011
Calgary
We have a coach that can that can win without taking it to that extreme.. Teams would kill to have a coach like ours now, how many were lining up for Boucher?

I like that we have Julien. I never said Boucher was better. Reputation means an awful lot in the coaching profession. Julien has a lot more games under his belt than Boucher.

Rapala

Mar 29, 2013
Montreal

I agree that one clip has him branded for life. :laugh:
The parts of the game I saw yesterday were more entertaining than our game...
If the 1-3-1 results in 6 GF sign him up.

WhiskeySeven*

Expect the expected
Jun 17, 2007
www.danslescoulisses.com/fr/michel-therrien-a-bel-bien-humilie-andrew-shaw/

Le 9 février dernier, je vous racontais que Michel Therrien avait vilipendé Andrew Shaw dans le vestiaire, après le match face aux Flyers (le 2 février). C’était après avoir vu Shaw pogner une autre mauvaise pénalité (et avoir dû passer la 3e période au complet sur le banc)…

Shaw
Un drôle de moineau, ce Shaw…
On m’avait raconté que les joueurs n’avaient vraiment pas apprécié et que Michel Therrien, déjà contesté par plusieurs joueurs, l’étaient encore plus que jamais depuis cet incident.

Voilà que Martin Leclerc a raconté la même histoire ce matin, au 91,9 Sports. Leclerc raconte souvent à la radio des histoires que l’on vous a partagées quelques semaines auparavant…

Non, je ne crois pas que le chroniqueur a nécessairement pris ses infos sur DLC… Mais je suis surtout heureux de noter que ça rend mes histoires/infos réelles et crédibles. Parce qu’il y a en encore qui croient que je passe mon temps à inventer des faits pour avoir des gens sur le site… #2SourcesValentTjrsMieuxQuUne

À noter que Leclerc rapporte qu’un joueur s’est même levé dans le vestiaire pour dire à Therrien que ce qu’il faisait allait trop loin. Est-ce à ce moment précis-là que Therrien aurait dit à Carey Price de se contenter d’arrêter les rondelles?

Y’a pas de hasard dans la vie, vous la savez aussi bien que moi…

Reste qu’au final, peu importe le coach derrière le banc, Andrew Shaw devra trouver un moyen de contrôler sa colère sur la patinoire…

Another link to: https://radioego.com/ext/media/y-a-...-dit-la-ca-va-faire-cest-assez-martin-leclerc

scrubadam

Apr 10, 2016

Well I don't think GB would have a different style here. It may pain me to say this but Ottawa has a better "offensive" team on paper than the habs. And GB has managed to grind them to a bottom tier GF team.

Stone/Hoffman/Brassard/Turris/EK on paper is a lot better than what habs can put out there.

DXStriker

Nov 15, 2016

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad