Post-Game Talk: Habs Dudes end 7-game point streak, Joisey wins 6-4

Status
Not open for further replies.

ECWHSWI

TOUGHEN UP.
Oct 27, 2006
Our "3rd line center" put up 28pts in that role last year and was headed towards a similar point totals this year.

Did you think he also needed to put up points?

Either way, I do agree with you that DLR is going to have to show more offense if he's going to play in that role.

Which he is now, but then you dismiss it.

So....
5 games...

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
Man, do I hope you're right about de la Rose. But I really can't see a comparison with Plekanec who, up until two years ago, was a solid top-six C who produced 15-20 goals consistently. I don't see anything in DLR's skillset that shows the slightest glimmer of that potential. But sure, I'm happy to watch how high he can reach when given the opportunity in the next month.

People still see plekanec as a top 6 center i think, this is the problem with the whole argument, on the HABS for 3 years too long, he was still being played as a top 6 center, when he should of been used as a 3rd line C, but that was never going to happen with a 6 million dollar price tag, SO , because of this, the production you see, is 3rd line C production so everyone thinks "oh, pleks is doing his job, its only 6 goals and 30 points, but thats 3rd line production for you facing top opposition",
well thats just wrong, pleks was being played as a top 6 center, literally hurting the team because he WAS facing top opposition, and could get nothing going, ever.

And that top opposition was destroying him, and he was unable to produce even decent 2nd line numbers, , but everyone kept clamoring "yeah but his a defensive wiz! face off wiz! facing top opposition wiz! nobody can do what pleks does for this team!" , ..yet...again...he was NOT being played to do THAT, he was being played to produce 60 points, he didnt, the team faltered (the team would of faltered 3 years in a row if it wasnt for the Radulov year in the middle)

DLR is being brought in, to play defensive, chip in some points, win face offs, and be a PRICK to play against, hmm he is doing just that, and its not costing 6 million smackeroos

whats lost in all this is plekanec USED to be a 70 point center, and DLR will NEVER be a 60 point center, so we're literally arguing about apples and oranges, but here the apple should of become the orange, but management didnt let it happen, , it was simply time for management to re-evaluate plekanecs role on the team, but when that time came, they utterly blew it and crippled the team by putting all their eggs in a basket for a 6 million$ top 6 center who should of been relegated to 3rd line duties at that point in his career

Reactions: 417 and Runner77

Runner77

Sponsor
Jun 24, 2012
DLR is being brought in, to play defensive, chip in some points, win face offs, and be a PRICK to play against, hmm he is doing just that, and its not costing 6 million smackeroos

whats lost in all this is plekanec USED to be a 70 point center, and DLR will NEVER be a 60 point center, so we're literally arguing about apples and oranges, but here the apple should of become the orange, but management didnt let it happen, , it was simply time for management to re-evaluate plekanecs role on the team, but when that time came, they utterly blew it and crippled the team by putting all their eggs in a basket for a 6 million$ top 6 center who should of been relegated to 3rd line duties at that point in his career

While Plekanec shouldn't cost anywhere close to what he had been making these past two years, I cringe at the thought of how badly they'll want him back, how much they'll be willing to shell out and how he'll be put in a role that he's ill-suited for.

Reactions: 417

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
To be clear, the confusion in all this is

Plekanec used to be top 6 center, a damn good one at that
Plekanec is now a bottom 6 center, an aging one at that

DLR is now our bottom 6 (3rd line) Center, he is good at it, is producing 3rd line numbers.
DLR will never be a top 6 center for this team, and we dont need him to be, we do not need him to score 20 goals, 50 points ... we DONT, thats the 2nd line centers job, plekanecs OLD job.

its very simple.

Reactions: Pickles and 417

Redux91

I do Three bullets.
Sep 5, 2006
Kirkland, Montreal
While Plekanec shouldn't cost anywhere close to what he had been making these past two years, I cringe at the thought of how badly they'll want him back, how much they'll be willing to shell out and how he'll be put in a role that he's ill-suited for.

id like to think he WONT be coming back, but you never know with this moron GM, but odds are, he's not. in FACT, DLR's play since the trade, is probably only making bergevin realize "oh shit.. i actually dont need plakenec.. who knew! ..man im good.."

Reactions: Runner77

beh3moth

May 27, 2010
no it shouldn't stop him from progressing...but it did.

An important part of developing is actually getting an opportunity.

Do you really think it's a coincidence that DLR has 4pts in the last 5 games that also coincide with the 3rd line center spot being vacated??

Really? You don't think one has anything to do with the other?

Here are DLR's game logs since Plekanec was traded

14:17, 12:16, 13:13, 12:53, 15:53

He's played AT LEAST 12 mins in EVERY game since Plekanec was traded.

In the 35 games PRIOR to that, or when Plekanec was on the team, he had a TOTAL OF 5 GAMES where he had more than 12 mins of icetime.

And here's something else for you to chew on...in those 5 games that I just referenced, he had 4pts in those 5 games.

Food for thought, get a plate

It's possible the games he got more ice time were due to Julien noticing his good play and rewarding him for it, hence the relationship between ice time and output. It's not necessarily true that > 12 mins of ice time -> production.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's possible the games he got more ice time were due to Julien noticing his good play and rewarding him for it, hence the relationship between ice time and output. It's not necessarily true that > 12 mins of ice time -> production.
No it is not...

What I argued is that 12+ mins of icetime = opportunity.

Its not really hard to figure out.

When you've got a young player trying to break into the NHL.

Do you think playing yo-yo with him between the AHL/NHL, playing him 6-7-8 mins on the 4th line with Lucas Lessio and Mike Brown is more beneficial then..

Using him 12+ mins every game, using him on the PK, giving him defensive assignments, using him with NHL quality talent, etc

???

Under what circumstances do you think it's more likely to lead to increased confidence which often manifests itself in more production?

Again...why has DLR been more noticeable since the trade deadline? Do you think the 3rd line center spot being vacated is purely coincidental in this ?

Just realized my tone comes off sarcastic, but I don't mean it that way.

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
id like to think he WONT be coming back, but you never know with this moron GM, but odds are, he's not. in FACT, DLR's play since the trade, is probably only making bergevin realize "oh ****.. i actually dont need plakenec.. who knew! ..man im good.."
At a fraction of the cost...maybe we can reinvest those dollars into some players who provide offense.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Is all it took for DLR to get half as much goals as his predecessor has this year?

Yeah...I know lol
It's pretty tough to believe you don't care about Plekanec when you can't keep him away from your posts and always have to throw daggers his way.
Plekanec sucked balls for the last two years, not sure how bringing him up as a comparison helps your case in any way.
DLR is better than someone who sucked ass, well darn it, that's some potential..

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Either way, I do agree with you that DLR is going to have to show more offense if he's going to play in that role.

Which he is now, but then you dismiss it.

So....
There isn't a dismissal, there is a consideration that it's been 5 games and everyone knows DLR is not going to keep this up.
DLR has never been much of a scorer, so let's see where that lands him when he gets off his little point streak.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
It's pretty tough to believe you don't care about Plekanec when you can't keep him away from your posts and always have to throw daggers his way.
Oh I don't think I hide that this has become a personal mission of mine.

I took alot of heat for my opinion on Plekanec a few years back and I think I've been vidicated. I enjoying watching guys like you who took pleasure ripping me squrim and try to move goalposts.

Its not any different than what you do with Bergevin or how some guys have taken pleasure ripping me about Radulov.

At least I have to courage to step up and say I was wrong.

Plekanec sucked balls for the last two years, not sure how bringing him up as a comparison helps your case in any way.
The only way I compared them was in their usage and how DLR has stepped up his game since Plekanec left.

Is that true or not?

DLR is better than someone who sucked ass, well darn it, that's some potential..
Nicely woven strawman...when you're ready to discuss what I've said about DLR and Plekanec like an adult, let me know.

Or you can take a deep breath and go through my earlier post and try understand them.

You're salty because I was right about Plekanec then, and I was right this year about DLR being able to do the same job Plekanec did just as effectively and at a fraction of the cost.

That's your issue, not mine...

Last edited:

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
There isn't a dismissal, there is a consideration that it's been 5 games and everyone knows DLR is not going to keep this up.
DLR has never been much of a scorer, so let's see where that lands him when he gets off his little point streak.
Including me...I've made mention of that SEVERAL times.

If you had taken the time to bother reading and not assume things, you wouldn't of wasted your time making this post.

If it makes it easier for you, I can post it again.

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
This has nothing to do with what I wrote...i'm talking about OPPORTUNITIES.

DLR is finally getting a REAL opportunity and he's taking advantage of it, i'm fully aware that it's a small sample and I don't expect him to continue to play at a PPG pace, I don't think he has any top 6 potential.

That's not even the point - you couldn't be further away from the point if you tried, but the sad thing is I know you're trying to do just that.

This is 100% false...you're more than welcome to scour through the DLR thread, you'll find MANY posts of mine that talked about me wanting him to get a real opportunity.
Hey @Kriss E ...see bolded.

What else you got?

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Including me...I've made mention of that SEVERAL times.

If you had taken the time to bother reading and not assume things, you wouldn't of wasted your time making this post.

If it makes it easier for you, I can post it again.
Jesus Christ you and your sensitive ways man.
Where in the f***ing world did you see me say anything about you not mentioning this?

You said ECW was dismissing DLR's current production. I said he wasn't, he simply is considering the 5 games and not putting much stock on it. That's it. I'm talking about ECW, not you.

I know you also mentioned it. Always have to act like you're being attacked man.

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Oh I don't think I hide that this has become a personal mission of mine.

I took alot of heat for my opinion on Plekanec a few years back and I think I've been vidicated. I enjoying watching guys like you who took pleasure ripping me squrim and try to move goalposts.

Its not any different than what you do with Bergevin or how some guys have taken pleasure ripping me about Radulov.

At least I have to courage to step up and say I was wrong.

The only way I compared them was in their usage and how DLR has stepped up his game since Plekanec left.

Is that true or not?

Nicely woven strawman...when you're ready to discuss what I've said about DLR and Plekanec like an adult, let me know.

Or you can take a deep breath and go through my earlier post and try understand them.

You're salty because I was right about Plekanec then, and I was right this year about DLR being able to do the same job Plekanec did just as effectively and at a fraction of the cost.

That's your issue, not mine...
You haven't discussed Plekanec like an adult for years. You just admitted in your first sentence that it's a personal mission to you because you were laughed at, rightfully so, with your ridiculous hate towards Plekanec. You take Plek's career year, use it as a standard to claim the following years were decline..:biglaugh:
Ya..you had to wait what..6 years later?...you sure were right! Bhahahaha :biglaugh:
You're too funny man.

Reactions: the

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
Jesus Christ you and your sensitive ways man.
Where in the ****ing world did you see me say anything about you not mentioning this?[

Then why are you mentioning it at all? What's your point?

If you know that I'm well aware that he's not going to keep up a PPG pace, why would you feel the need to mention it?

Sensitive? More like amused watching you squirm. You're so adverse to ever being wrong lol it kills me.

You scared of ruining you're HF street cred? Lol

You said ECW was dismissing DLR's current production. I said he wasn't, he simply is considering the 5 games and not putting much stock on it. That's it. I'm talking about ECW, not you.
And you felt the need to come and be his knight in shining armor?

ECW didn't get the point and neither did you...the points DLR has put up the last 5 games is just a footnote.

You're missing the forest for the trees

BBQ Chicken Alert!
Feb 20, 2003
Ottawa
You haven't discussed Plekanec like an adult for years. You just admitted in your first sentence that it's a personal mission to you because you were laughed at, rightfully so, with your ridiculous hate towards Plekanec. You take Plek's career year, use it as a standard to claim the following years were decline..:biglaugh:
Ya..you had to wait what..6 years later?...you sure were right! Bhahahaha :biglaugh:
You're too funny man.
Again...your salty I was right, I get it.

You need that HF street cred lol

I love how the other day you posted some nonsense about how Bergevin messed up by believing too much in Desharnais and Plekanec and he should of upgraded on both of those centers.

Were you not ashamed writing that after all the heat you gave me for suggesting we should trade Plekanec way back?

You got be some type of dude man lol

No shame

It would be like if in 3yrs I made a post how Bergevin should of done everything he could to re-sign Radulov lol

Man you're lucky some of those old posts are gone forever

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Then why are you mentioning it at all? What's your point?

If you know that I'm well aware that he's not going to keep up a PPG pace, why would you feel the need to mention it?
To clarify another poster's view. You said he was dismissing his points, I said he was simply not putting much stock into them as it's a small sample. I was talking about his take on DLR, not yours.
Maybe you had a rough day, maybe you got into it with your family. Not sure how you are turning this into an argument.

Sensitive? More like amused watching you squirm. You're so adverse to ever being wrong lol it kills me.

You scared of ruining you're HF street cred? Lol
Oh boy..:facepalm:
And you felt the need to come and be his knight in shining armor?

ECW didn't get the point and neither did you...the points DLR has put up the last 5 games is just a footnote.

You're missing the forest for the trees
:huh:
You think DLR just needed an opportunity. Sure, that may very well be the case. Let's see how that holds up till the end of the year and next one. That is pretty much all I said.
And I jumped into a conversation because I felt you were misunderstanding ECW, so I tried to bring some clarity.
Should have known better though...It's obvious you would take this into an attack, spin the victim card, and do your usual shtick.

Last edited:

Kriss E

May 3, 2007
Jeddah
Again...your salty I was right, I get it.

You need that HF street cred lol

I love how the other day you posted some nonsense about how Bergevin messed up by believing too much in Desharnais and Plekanec and he should of upgraded on both of those centers.

Were you not ashamed writing that after all the heat you gave me for suggesting we should trade Plekanec way back?

You got be some type of dude man lol

No shame

It would be like if in 3yrs I made a post how Bergevin should of done everything he could to re-sign Radulov lol

Man you're lucky some of those old posts are gone forever
It used to be funny how you would fail to understand anybody who discussed Plek with you...now it's a bit alarming.
What's with this "HF cred"...are you suddenly back in your teenage years? And you're saying I can't discuss like an adult? :biglaugh:

You admitted yourself that you have this personal mission to be right about Plek. It's some type of silly game you just cannot let go, and clearly, it's clouding your reasoning and judgment on anything here.

I wasn't wrong about anything. Plekanec was not in a decline back in 2013, and I would not have traded him. I would have let DD go, focused on Galch becoming our 1st center, Plek-Eller behind him. That is what I wanted back then, that is what I would look to do today if I could go back. Management did not do what I wanted, so it's impossible to know whether or not what I wanted would have worked or not.
You wanted Plek traded. Okay. Maybe he would have been traded for a terrible return.
I wanted DD gone, focuse on Galch-Plek/Eller. Okay. Maybe that wouldn't have worked either.
Maybe we both would have gotten good results from our different decisions. We don't know.
What we do know is that what management decided to do failed, but I never EVER said we should roll Plek-DD for 4 years. NEVER. So you coming back here to somehow gloat and act like what management ended up doing is what many of us wanted is beyond pathetic and ridiculous. But it shows just how completely irrational and uninterested in discussing anything related to this subject you actually are/were.

Now you're trying to claim I just admitted focusing Plek-DD was a mistake? Lol..wtf. I had endless discussions about the need to focus on Galch-Plek/Eller as our centers from year one. Had discussions with the need to move Galch at center with LyricalLyricist since we drafted the kid. BaseballCoach as well, with his bad comparison to Lemaire/Lafleur days.
The DD threads were constantly linked with Eller and Galch. A huge point of discussion in the Therrien threads over the years was his usage of those guys.

I haven't changed a single thing about what I said.
You on the other hand, can't stop throwing daggers at Plek, still hold the fact you were called out on Plek dearly, think that claiming someone is declining only for it to finally happen 5 years later makes you right, and admitted to being on a personal mission (in other words, you're obsessed)...
It used to be funny, now it's kinda troubling and sad.

Plekanec really got you crazy bud. You lost your mind.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad