Confirmed with Link: Habs draft Zachary Fucale with the 36th overall pick (info in OP)

Beatnik

Sep 2, 2002
Québec
Visit site
It's like when the New England Patriots draft a QB that is falling. Worst case scenario we trade him for a much better draft pick in a couple of year.

Jmac1160*

Not even a remotely accurate statement.

I love Price but its true. Fucale could push Price in a couple yrs. In fact they should push one another in the next couple years. Love the pick

Undertakerqc

Dec 24, 2011
Wow what a draft for the Habs. We are drafting two things we dont have currently: Goaltending and size

Adam91

Dec 19, 2005
Toronto
I love Price but its true. Fucale could push Price in a couple yrs. In fact they should push one another in the next couple years. Love the pick

Do you have any idea of the time frame required to develop an NHL starting goalie?

Et le But

Nov 28, 2010
New York
He's overrated, but that doesn't mean he's not good.

Not as big of a value pick for me as some of you think, but it makes sense.

Don't love this draft by any means though.

donghabs98

Oct 14, 2010
Halifax
He's overrated, but that doesn't mean he's not good.

Not as big of a value pick for me as some of you think, but it makes sense.

Don't love this draft by any means though.

It's not a bad draft but it's not one that makes me jump for joy. To be fair we did have a great draft last year

M.C.G. 31

Damn, he brave!
Oct 6, 2008
Ottawa
Love this pick, and definitely didn't expect it at 36. I'm always on Price's side, but in a few years, Fucale can definitely challenge Price. There's now someone in the organization that can push him in a few years. We'll see how Price responds.

FlyingKostitsyn

Mar 7, 2008
Quebec
This means Price will be a goner in 2 years or so. Sweet.. :nod:

Fucale might very well take 7+ years before being a starter in the NHL and it would be considered normal.

Schneider, a good first rounder, finally became one. He's 27 now.

Quick became one at around 22. 4-5 years after his draft.

You think Fucale will be ready to replace Price in two years? Get down from your cloud.

Tyson

Mar 1, 2007
Texas
Fucale might very well take 7+ years before being a starter in the NHL and it would be considered normal.

Schneider, a good first rounder, finally became one. He's 27 now.

Quick became one at around 22. 4-5 years after his draft.

You think Fucale will be ready to replace Price in two years? Get down from your cloud.

Bernier who just got traded to Toronto is about to become a starter after 7 years. Very true

NewHabsEra*

Wasted pick, overrated kid.. We Could have drafted Zykov!!!!:cry::rant:

I dont remember the last time Ive been that desapointed in Timmins..

Ezpz

No mad pls
Apr 16, 2013
Wasted pick, overrated kid.. We Could have drafted Zykov!!!!:cry::rant:

I dont remember the last time Ive been that desapointed in Timmins..

Draft reaks of Rick Dudley. My guess is Timmins leaves in the next couple years and we go back to one of the worst scouting departments in the league.

The Spaniard

Nov 3, 2010
Madrid
I was anticipating picking up one of the lesser goalies a little later, but you can't pass up Fucale at #36. He's got a couple more years in junior, a couple in the minors, a couple as a backup. So 6 more years.

Fucale will be ready when Price will become an UFA and sign with Dallas where he can go à l'épicerie, what a great pick!

Wats

Error 520
Mar 8, 2006
At least the Habs are forced to take time with his development and not force him into the starting role.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad