Habs Draft Combine/Mini-camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shutdown

Sep 7, 2009
Montreal
Anyone remember who the Habs invited to their combine last year?
Were guys like Bozon and Thrower there?

Marc the Habs Fan

Nov 30, 2002
Longueuil
Anyone remember who the Habs invited to their combine last year?
Were guys like Bozon and Thrower there?

They were not.

scaled.php

p5nnv.jpg

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Thanks.

It's impossible to know who they hoped would fall more and missed on and who they brought in for a closer look but didn't like, except for the guys they considered for #3, but i don't see a lot of present Habs on that list.

It's pretty much a combine to investigate the local talent to ensure they don't "miss" out on the next francophone star. Didn't really work in the case of Giroux. It ends up mostly being posturing for the media in the city with an agenda.

CoconutHockey*

Is the Fournier, Stefan Fournier from the Moosehead and is Belzile the Alex Belzile that finished the season with the dogs?

It was Alex Belzile that finished the season with the Bulldogs and Dillon Fournier, Stefan's brother, that was drafted 2nd round in Chicago.

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
Mike McCarron, Ryan Hartman and John Hayden are coming to our combine. As well as Evan Cowley (never heard of him, looks like he's about to be a USHL goalie),

https://twitter.com/MacAttackUSA93/status/341605670002520065

Michael McCarron ‏@MacAttackUSA93 9h
Going to Montreal tomorrow!! get to see @hayds51 and @RHartzy18 #fun

Those are some names I like. Hartman isn't ideal as a first rounder, but I'll take him, type of player you can win with. Hayden was a WTK mock pick, so obviously, I like that. McCarron, well, if he has the upside to be a scorer, then why not?

pine*

Mike McCarron, Ryan Hartman and John Hayden are coming to our combine. As well as Evan Cowley (never heard of him, looks like he's about to be a USHL goalie),

3 names I like to see. Always glad to hear about our mini-combine, since it means that draft day is right around the corner.

Favorite day of the year for any draft junkie.

AllanMTL46

Aug 19, 2011
Ste-Agathe, Lotb.
Then WTF is he doing in Quebec, off all places?!?!?!

Money and spotlight in QC, where he can show what he has in a great organization. It was the Remps or nothing here, was drafted by Halifax and didn't even want to go before Pat Roy got him and convinced him to come.

L4br3cqu3

Matter of principle.
Sponsor
May 5, 2002
La Tuque

Real glad to see those 3 going, not that it means anything, but they want to confirm or infirm things about them, which is good. Damn I want McCarron and Hayden in a Habs jersey... :help:

vad87

Feb 15, 2008
Quebec

Great news! If we pick 2 very skilled guys with 25th and 34th, we have to take a chance with one of them (Hayden/McCarron). There's a high risk of bust but if they work, it's gonna pay big time. That kind of guy is not easy to find and sometimes, you have to gamble on draft day. I'm against drafting for SIZE SIZE SiZE but I think that we have to leave NJ with one of Hayden, McCarron or Hill. With 3 2nd pick, it's the year to take that kind of risk. Other people could say the opposite like it's a great opportunity to pick 4 skilled guy in round 1 and 2 but I prefer to have 1/4 bust like this year than 1/2 for regular year (1X1st and 1X2nd).

Whitesnake

If you rebuild, they will come.
Jan 5, 2003
Those are some names I like. Hartman isn't ideal as a first rounder, but I'll take him, type of player you can win with. Hayden was a WTK mock pick, so obviously, I like that. McCarron, well, if he has the upside to be a scorer, then why not?

Same here. Clear names for our first 2nd round picks. I would have hope that Hayden would stick around till the 3rd but I guess it won't happen...

Guilliam

Jul 30, 2010
Montreal
It is kind of comforting that Timmins sees enough in these players to bring them at the combine to further evaluate them. That's good news indeed.

QuebecPride

May 4, 2010
Sherbrooke, Québec
It's pretty much a combine to investigate the local talent to ensure they don't "miss" out on the next francophone star. Didn't really work in the case of Giroux. It ends up mostly being posturing for the media in the city with an agenda.

It never used to be that much covered. IIRC last year was the first time the media attended, mostly because of the drama around the team from the winter and who would get picked #3.

Was Giroux even invited to the Habs mini-combine? Grant?

WeThreeKings

Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
It never used to be that much covered. IIRC last year was the first time the media attended, mostly because of the drama around the team from the winter and who would get picked #3.

Was Giroux even invited to the Habs mini-combine? Grant?

He was.. that was where Mathieu Carle (2nd round pick) ate Giroux alive in the skating drills.......

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad