Habs Draft Combine/Mini-camp

Status
Not open for further replies.

vad87

Feb 15, 2008
Quebec
I don't have any list but found some tweets

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 13 h
Kurt Ethchegary had 9 interviews this week ... is heading to Buffalo later today for Sabres combine & then off to Habs combine

Gabryel Boudreau ‏@Boudreau_9 12 h
done with the NHL combine ! Amazing experience now time for the Maple Leafs combine and Habs #workhard

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 15 h
Gatineau's Émile Poirier will attend Leafs combine tomorrow; also heading to workouts hosted by Devils, Sabres, Habs

Kathleen Lavoie ‏@kathleenlavoie 11 h
Erne (wont be there), qui participera aux combines des Devils, des Sabres et des Sénateurs, était déjà engagé ailleurs lorsque l'invitation de MTL est venue

Also saw something about Jeremy Gregoire but can't find it.

UPDATED LIST JUNE 4th:
Kurt Etchegary
Gabryel Boudreau
Emile Poirier
Jeremy Gregoire
Dylan Labbé
Anthony Duclair
Marc-Olivier Roy
Kerby Rychel
Mike McCarron
John Hayden
Ryan Hartman
Evan Cowley
Eric Comrie
Spencer Martin
Franky Palazzese
Zach Hall
Zack Fucale
Antoine Bibeau
L-P Guindon
Ryan Graves * (or Jacob Graves)
Matt Murphy * (not 100% sure it's him)
Samuel Henley
J-S Dea
Cole Ully
Dane Birks
Justin Bailey
Gabriel Curtis
Zach Nastasiuk

Last edited:

Gourou

Jan 5, 2013
Also Dylan Labbé

Nicolas Poulin ‏@NicolasPoulin 14 min
Gabryel Boudreau et Dylan Labbé seront au Combine du Canadien mercredi prochain. Adam Erne a refusé, il est «engagé» ailleurs. #Habs

And Anthony Duclair

Anthony Duclair ‏@aduclair10 31 Mai
Done the #NHLCombine, pretty fun experience. Looking forward for the Canadiens combine next week!

vad87

Feb 15, 2008
Quebec
Nicolas Poulin ‏@NicolasPoulin 1 min
Jérémy Grégoire et Émile Poirier seront également au combine du Canadien mercredi prochain. #Habs

jf chabot ‏@darknife23 42 s
@NicolasPoulin tu peux ajouter Marc-Olivier Roy de larmada

Mark Masters ‏@markhmasters 31 Mai
In coming days, Windsor's Kerby Rychel will be at combines hosted by NJ, Toronto, Buffalo, Montreal & Ottawa

Last edited:

gunnerdom

Go HABS Go!!!!
Jul 14, 2003
Ottawa, Ontario
www.facebook.com

Kurt Ethchegary had 9 interviews this week ... is heading to Buffalo later today for Sabres combine & then off to Habs combine

done with the NHL combine ! Amazing experience now time for the Maple Leafs combine and Habs #workhard

Gatineau's Émile Poirier will attend Leafs combine tomorrow; also heading to workouts hosted by Devils, Sabres, Habs

Erne (wont be there), qui participera aux combines des Devils, des Sabres et des Sénateurs, était déjà engagé ailleurs lorsque l'invitation de MTL est venue

I'm a big Emile Poirier fan. He was great all year and he can skate like the wind... seems to have a mean streak too.

Analyzer*

How much did Shawinigan suck ? I saw Labbe was a -40...

vad87

Feb 15, 2008
Quebec
I'm a big Emile Poirier fan. He was great all year and he can skate like the wind... seems to have a mean streak too.

TOR seems to love him according to some tweets. We pick 34-36 and 55 and they pick 51. Is 36 too high for Poirier?

WeThreeKings

Habs cup - its in the BAG
Sep 19, 2006
Halifax
TOR seems to love him according to some tweets. We pick 34-36 and 55 and they pick 51. Is 36 too high for Poirier?

Nope. But if they can, trade down to the forties.. grab a 4th or 5th and nab Poirier in the right spot.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005

The the most amazing thing about him, and that's why I think he'S worth it at 36, is that he was REALLY slow last season.

The thing is, at 36, there might be a slightly better player available. But he wouldn't be a reach IMO. In my books, he passed Carrier (due to a VERY NOTICEABLE improvement in his game) and he CERTAINLY passed Duclair.

Was Poirier even listed at the beginning of the season?

JohnnyB11

Jul 14, 2003
Saint John, NB
Nope. But if they can, trade down to the forties.. grab a 4th or 5th and nab Poirier in the right spot.

Trading down in hopes of grabbing a particular player is always risky. Not like trading up, where you can trade to get the next pick and you KNOW your player is there.

I've never been a fan of trading down, myself.

Freaky Habs Fan

Apr 26, 2003
New-Brunswick
Visit site
The the most amazing thing about him, and that's why I think he'S worth it at 36, is that he was REALLY slow last season.

The thing is, at 36, there might be a slightly better player available. But he wouldn't be a reach IMO. In my books, he passed Carrier (due to a VERY NOTICEABLE improvement in his game) and he CERTAINLY passed Duclair.

Was Poirier even listed at the beginning of the season?
The fans could say it's a reach, but NHL teams, in a draft like this one, won't think it is...at least not in the second round. He could be a late first round pick if someone like him enough.

Halifaxhab*

Not a Rychel fan too. Won't hate it....but won't get my hopes too high.

Agreed. This is rare for me but I'd prefer a Q pick. Mantha or Zykov IMHO would be better picks. But I do like Rychel, just don't see his ceiling as high.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
Agreed. This is rare for me but I'd prefer a Q pick. Mantha or Zykov IMHO would be better picks. But I do like Rychel, just don't see his ceiling as high.

I'm not that sure I'd pick Mantha with our first. There will probably be a player that I appreciate more still no the board.
But, by all means, if he's there at our 2nd, go ahead.

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008

**** me, if erne ends up in either buffalo or ottawa.

MXD

Original #4
Oct 27, 2005
8th, 16th....Erne is in my top 15.

Oh.
At 16th it makes sense.
8th.... Well, never made a Top-15, but Erne would be barely in or barely out.

Jones, MacK, Drouin, Barkov, Linholm, Nichu, Monahan.

Really plausible order for the Top-7.

Would you pick Erne before Nurse?

Nedved

Mar 30, 2008
Oh.
At 16th it makes sense.
8th.... Well, never made a Top-15, but Erne would be barely in or barely out.

Jones, MacK, Drouin, Barkov, Linholm, Nichu, Monahan.

Really plausible order for the Top-7.

Would you pick Erne before Nurse?

I would take Ristolainen before Nurse...

I wouldn't draft Nurse, unless he fell....he's too raw for me, and is a long way from contributing in the nhl to be top 10.

but yes, I would take nurse before erne...

FloJack

Lurking and liking.
Sponsor
Sep 6, 2006
Thanks for the info everybody and to those who will post some inevitable future info in here too. Good stuff.

onemorecup*

I'm not that sure I'd pick Mantha with our first. There will probably be a player that I appreciate more still no the board.
But, by all means, if he's there at our 2nd, go ahead.

we have to move up for mantha

onemorecup*

Not a Rychel fan too. Won't hate it....but won't get my hopes too high.

he is exactly the kind of player we need , not sure he is a legit top 6 but in low 20`s why not , if he turns into an Abdelkader type , thats what we need badly

onemorecup*

I would take Ristolainen before Nurse...

I wouldn't draft Nurse, unless he fell....he's too raw for me, and is a long way from contributing in the nhl to be top 10.

but yes, I would take nurse before erne...

agreed u take the stud Finnish D man ahead of Nurse

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ad

Upcoming events

Ad

Ad